Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 3 Nov 2007, 17:19 (Ref:2058702)   #176
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
He's supposedly a good friend of Gio, that's why he didn't do Thruxton ...
I heard that about Tarquini like they were team mates in Nordauto. No idea about Gené.
Old 3 Nov 2007, 19:16 (Ref:2058759)   #177
Ellmau
Racer

Ellmau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why on earth would a WTCC SEAT-driver want to go and drive in the BTCC for SEAT. That doesn't make sence. If a WTCC driver would go to BTCC, it was because of loosing his seat in WTCC, like Thommo. But I think it will be a new guy for SEAT, because they haven't learned from the Pickford and Hines disaster
Old 3 Nov 2007, 22:49 (Ref:2058896)   #178
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellmau
Why on earth would a WTCC SEAT-driver want to go and drive in the BTCC for SEAT. That doesn't make sence. If a WTCC driver would go to BTCC, it was because of loosing his seat in WTCC, like Thommo. But I think it will be a new guy for SEAT, because they haven't learned from the Pickford and Hines disaster
It would make sense if it was that or the jobcentre. As far as I count, with Monteiro, Rydell, Muller, Tarquini - that's 4 SEAT's again at least - they really don't need more than that in the works team.

Re: Pickford/Hines; What did they learn from the Huff one?

Last edited by Hazard; 3 Nov 2007 at 23:11.
Old 3 Nov 2007, 23:48 (Ref:2058936)   #179
Ellmau
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
It would make sense if it was that or the jobcentre. As far as I count, with Monteiro, Rydell, Muller, Tarquini - that's 4 SEAT's again at least - they really don't need more than that in the works team.
Are Monteiro, Rydell and Tarquini confirmed? [url=http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=1593]Muller is[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Re: Pickford/Hines; What did they learn from the Huff one?
Well, I don't think Huff is doing that well. And we've got another one on that list at SEAT: Peter Terting
Old 4 Nov 2007, 00:16 (Ref:2058957)   #180
Koulle
Racer

United Kingdom
Koulle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Turner does leave SEAT I'll be rather disappointed, but it will be interesting to see who replaces him.
Old 4 Nov 2007, 08:35 (Ref:2059134)   #181
Ellmau
Racer

Quote:
Are Monteiro, Rydell and Tarquini confirmed? [url=http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=1593]Muller is[/ quote]
Idiot me, can't even make a normal link. Here it is:

Are Monteiro, Rydell and Tarquini confirmed? Muller is
Old 4 Nov 2007, 10:08 (Ref:2059189)   #182
Day
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hampshire
Day should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well, I don't think Huff is doing that well.
Do you not watch the same BTCC and WTCC races the rest of us have all seen?

He's a proven "occasional" race winner, but a winner none the less!
Old 4 Nov 2007, 10:50 (Ref:2059207)   #183
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I think this will be the SEAT WTCC drivers:
Muller
Tarquini
Monteiro
Gene or Rydell

With Abt retiring it would not surprise me to see Terting back at Audi in DTM.

EDIT I noticed this is the BTCC, and not WTCC topic. Sorry for going off topic.

Last edited by FIRE; 4 Nov 2007 at 10:59.
Old 4 Nov 2007, 13:06 (Ref:2059275)   #184
Ellmau
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day
Do you not watch the same BTCC and WTCC races the rest of us have all seen?

He's a proven "occasional" race winner, but a winner none the less!
Yes, he has won occasionally, but he has screwed up just as much. But in general he's a midfielder...
Old 4 Nov 2007, 18:39 (Ref:2059445)   #185
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
btcckid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nt sure if mentioned before but do people watching btcc on tv prefer both 1 and 2 races higlights on itv1 or full on itv4?- i think its better cos u don't miss out on much in the full and even if its the most dull, i prefer all 3 full races!
Old 4 Nov 2007, 19:50 (Ref:2059518)   #186
Ellmau
Racer

Well, I can't see any of the races on ITV 1 or 4, but I always watch the full races at racingunderground. BTCC races are already quite short, so you might as well watch the full races, right?
Old 4 Nov 2007, 19:59 (Ref:2059529)   #187
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I watch races 1 and 2 on ITV4, get a drink/go to the s**tter /post here during the highlights of races 1 and 2 because they often miss bits out. And they never focus enough on the mid-backmarkers.

BTW, http://www.crash.net/motorsport/btcc...car_drive.html - next year's SEAT Cupra champion will get a BTCC drive.

Does anyone know if anyone will be getting their mitts on come C30s? Arena might have to do that, it's a bit late to start developing a new car now ...
Old 5 Nov 2007, 09:52 (Ref:2059939)   #188
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It appears that SEAT want to avoid another Jackson scenario whereby they are funding someone to rival them in the championship.
Old 5 Nov 2007, 10:16 (Ref:2059974)   #189
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A one off BTCC drive though and also a reduced amount of prize money - lower than £100k but still substantial I think.
Old 5 Nov 2007, 12:34 (Ref:2060087)   #190
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm
It appears that SEAT want to avoid another Jackson scenario whereby they are funding someone to rival them in the championship.
More like they want to avoid a situation where no-one enters the championship. Many of the top drivers/teams have already said they are looking at the new Leon EuroCup series instead - that offers less prize money but with the bonus of a work WTCC drive, and budgets are said to be similar or less than the UK series.

This new prize goes someway to redressing the balance.
Old 5 Nov 2007, 12:39 (Ref:2060090)   #191
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does it really? Eurocup will most likely offer a 2008 ride, the uk series offers a one-off.
Old 5 Nov 2007, 13:25 (Ref:2060160)   #192
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I didn't say it completely redresses the balance, but it's better than nothing.

Not entirely sure what the EuroCup deal actually is. The press release referred to WTCC drives for the top drivers - note use of plural. It didn't make it clear if that was a season long contract for the winner, one-off drives for the top 3 drivers, or some other combination.
Old 5 Nov 2007, 13:38 (Ref:2060171)   #193
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sure, nobody is certain about the EuroCup prize since it is not announced. Still even if the 08 ride is to be shared between 3 or 4 guys it is better than a one-off.
Old 5 Nov 2007, 13:42 (Ref:2060177)   #194
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe SEAT should consider a clause whereby Cupra Champion will be prevented from entering the BTCC in a different make?
It's a bit of a coup for BMW if SEAT's money is used to fund a race team that may beat SEAT Sport UK.
Old 5 Nov 2007, 13:43 (Ref:2060180)   #195
redshoes
Veteran

You mean 09 (maybe). Doesn't say it's a full season, so could be a one-off for each driver.

Of course it all depends on how confident you are of winning that prize. I suspect there will be more competition in the EuroCup than a national series.
Old 5 Nov 2007, 13:52 (Ref:2060190)   #196
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm
Maybe SEAT should consider a clause whereby Cupra Champion will be prevented from entering the BTCC in a different make?
It's a bit of a coup for BMW if SEAT's money is used to fund a race team that may beat SEAT Sport UK.
There's already a clause that the champion can't enter the series again. Do you want to put everyone off completely?

Maybe if SEAT made it easier for independents to get the latest Leon then Jackson wouldn't have needed the BMW. Realistically though, what were the chances that a small family run team such as Jackson's would consistently beat a works team like SEAT.
Old 5 Nov 2007, 14:27 (Ref:2060283)   #197
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
While it was very unlikely, it still did happen occasionally. Agreed though, SEAT should offer either a large prize money a la Jackson, or a S2000 spec Leon to enter the BTCC or WTCC with.
Jackson's chose the BMW as being the best available with the money offered. I think if they'd had the opportuinity of a race prep'd Leon plus say £20,000 they'd have definitley considered it. It also would have boosted SEAT's image on the grid and would encourage future champions to make the step up to BTCC.
Old 5 Nov 2007, 14:32 (Ref:2060287)   #198
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
You mean 09 (maybe). Doesn't say it's a full season, so could be a one-off for each driver.

Of course it all depends on how confident you are of winning that prize. I suspect there will be more competition in the EuroCup than a national series.
Yeah, 09 Well, if the prize is a one-off for each race winner (as suggested from some sources) your chances of earning it are greater than winning the uk series outright. It is 12 races after all.
Old 8 Nov 2007, 20:15 (Ref:2063317)   #199
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another up-date!

Confirmed
VX Racing - Vauxhall Vectra - Fabrizio Giovanardi
VX Racing - Vauxhall Vectra - Matt Neal
Team RAC - BMW 320si - Colin Turkington
Team Halfords - Honda Civic S - Gordon Shedden
Team AFM - BMW 120d - Rick Kerry
SEAT Sport - SEAT Leon - Jason Plato
Eurotech - Honda Integra R - Mike Jordan
Eurotech - Honda Integra R - Andrew Jordan
Arkas Racing - Vauxhall Astra SH - Erkut Kizilirmak

Waiting confirmation
Team Halfords - Honda Civic S - TBC
SEAT Sport - SEAT Leon - TBC
Team RAC - BMW 320si - Tom Onslow-Cole
Robertshaw Racing - Honda Integra R - Alan Taylor
Robertshaw Racing - Honda Civic R - Michael Doyle
MBR / GSR - TBC - Martyn Bell
GR Asia - SEAT Leon - Rob Collard
BTC Racing - Lexus IS200 - Chris Stockton
A-Tech - Alfa Romeo ? - David Pinkney

Stated Intent
TH Motorsport - Honda Integra R - John George
Team AFM - BMW 120d - Nick Leason
Quest Racing - Alfa Romeo 156 - Eoin Murray
Motorbase Performance - TBC - Matt Allison
Motorbase Performance - TBC - TBC
MBR / GSR - TBC - Kelvin Burt
Kartworld Racing - TBC - Jason Hughes
TBC - TBC - Fiona Leggate
GR Asia - SEAT Leon - TBC
Dreadnought - MG-ZS - Paul Luti
CVR - Chevrolet Lacetti - Dan Eaves
CVR - Chevrolet Lacetti - Colin Neill
BTC Racing - Lexus IS200 - TBC
A-Tech - Alfa Romeo ? - TBC
Arkas Racing - Vauxhall Astra SH - TBC

Rumours
Xero Motorsport - Lexus IS200 - TBC
Xero Motorsport - Lexus IS200 - TBC
TH Motorsport - Honda Civic - TBC
Arena Motorsport - Ford Focus - Tom Chilton
Arena Motorsport - Ford Focus - Max Chilton
TBC - TBC - TBC
TBC - TBC - TBC
Old 9 Nov 2007, 00:33 (Ref:2063431)   #200
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John George has just confirmed on BTCCPages. http://btccpages.motorsportforum.com...1&postcount=49

Confirmed
VX Racing - Vauxhall Vectra - Fabrizio Giovanardi
VX Racing - Vauxhall Vectra - Matt Neal
Team RAC - BMW 320si - Colin Turkington
Team Halfords - Honda Civic S - Gordon Shedden
Team AFM - BMW 120d - Rick Kerry
SEAT Sport - SEAT Leon - Jason Plato
Eurotech - Honda Integra R - Mike Jordan
Eurotech - Honda Integra R - Andrew Jordan
Arkas Racing - Vauxhall Astra SH - Erkut Kizilirmak
TH Motorsport - Honda Integra R - John George