Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 26 Dec 2009, 23:17 (Ref:2605256)   #176
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Oh my god. It's here.........Danica Patrick perfume.
*sigh* - sounds like re-branded "infinity" lol.
Old 27 Dec 2009, 01:14 (Ref:2605272)   #177
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Eau de Ethanol!!

If I posted what I was thinking it would be ban time!!!
Old 27 Dec 2009, 18:08 (Ref:2605428)   #178
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 27 Dec 2009, 23:02 (Ref:2605495)   #179
Foster
Racer

Canada
The Maritimes
Foster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What the Eau de Smoke, the one that smells like Whoppers didn't pass the customer survey?
Old 29 Dec 2009, 06:44 (Ref:2605857)   #180
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
DanicaFan, just remember, when your crate arrives, that it is not meant for guys to wear.
Old 30 Dec 2009, 05:04 (Ref:2606262)   #181
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton View Post
DanicaFan, just remember, when your crate arrives, that it is not meant for guys to wear.

Old 5 Jan 2010, 15:42 (Ref:2608460)   #182
BluSTi
Rookie

United States
Montana, USA
BluSTi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I guess NASCRAP is where all the "can't cut it"s go huh?

She's hot though, I'd hit it.
Old 5 Jan 2010, 18:00 (Ref:2608512)   #183
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSTi View Post

She's hot though, I'd hit it.
Oh god, you're one of "those" people.
Old 5 Jan 2010, 19:21 (Ref:2608538)   #184
BluSTi
Rookie

United States
Montana, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Oh god, you're one of "those" people.
Maybe. I've never liked NASCAR, I don't see the point in it.

The history of NASCAR, however, is great. My .02, but rally racing more correctly emulates the history of bootlegging than driving in a left-hand circle for 500 miles. Am I right? Of course I am.
Old 5 Jan 2010, 19:39 (Ref:2608554)   #185
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Are you right? No: you're more of a troll. Go away now, little boy.
Old 5 Jan 2010, 19:45 (Ref:2608556)   #186
BluSTi
Rookie

United States
Montana, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Are you right? No: you're more of a troll. Go away now, little boy.
Explain to me how the current iteration of NASCAR even vaguely resembles bootlegging liquor through the mountains of Appalachia.

I'm not going to hold my breath for your answer.
Old 5 Jan 2010, 19:50 (Ref:2608559)   #187
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I don't think anyone ever thought there was.

Now run along and bore someone else.
Old 5 Jan 2010, 19:58 (Ref:2608566)   #188
BluSTi
Rookie

United States
Montana, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
I don't think anyone ever thought there was.

Now run along and bore someone else.
Are you serious?! You have to be kidding! NASCAR PRIDES itself on it's bootlegging roots! I know you're from the UK and all, but let's not kid ourselves, rally racing is more "NASCAR" than NASCAR is.

Case in point: it is possible to go into a Subaru, Citroen, Mistu, Ford, etc, dealer and buy a car that "basically" resembles a WRC car.

Try that with a NASCAR vehicle, and they INVENTED the term "race on Sunday, buy on Monday."

I'll let you get back to turning left now...
Old 5 Jan 2010, 19:59 (Ref:2608567)   #189
BluSTi
Rookie

United States
Montana, USA
And to get back on topic, I hope Danica does well, but I don't see it happening.
Old 5 Jan 2010, 21:00 (Ref:2608589)   #190
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, thankyou for returning us to the topic at hand. It took a while, but you got there in the end despite having no interest in NASCAR.
Old 5 Jan 2010, 21:07 (Ref:2608596)   #191
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
I'll let you get back to turning left now...
Byeeeee.......
Old 6 Jan 2010, 00:03 (Ref:2608658)   #192
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry...couldn't.....stay away.....

Quote:
Explain to me how the current iteration of NASCAR even vaguely resembles bootlegging liquor through the mountains of Appalachia. .
bootleggers running from the law most emulates rallying yes, but they came out of the mountains to race each other and not run from the law...and when they had the early (un)organized races, they raced at horsetracks, fairgrounds and fields on dirt and in circles, for the most.

DP's little fine ass would have never been able to handle a souped up '48 Ford Sedan with a trunk full of 'shine, blowin' down a dirt moutain road with the revenuers hot on her cute tail, i can tell you that.
Old 6 Jan 2010, 00:15 (Ref:2608666)   #193
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Like ...err... Dario?
Old 6 Jan 2010, 05:14 (Ref:2608724)   #194
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Plus, let us not forget, NASCAR is but a motorsport sanctioning body which happens to run a highly successful motorsport industry. That is all.

I fail to see why anyone should see the point in putting such drivel into the public domain.

I am all for having emotions and passion, and such, for motorsport. This has been an aspect of my life as long as I have memories, but to consider it a valuable use of my time writing flamebait pointlessness on the internet? Really? Is life that empty?

Well, I have the time to respond to it. It could be said that is but one degree removed. Anyway, I apologise for the off-topicness.
Old 6 Jan 2010, 17:51 (Ref:2609002)   #195
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Back on topic please...
Old 8 Jan 2010, 22:33 (Ref:2610226)   #196
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No update in a couple of days? What gives?

Old 10 Jan 2010, 05:26 (Ref:2610836)   #197
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Good thing I wasn't around when bluSTi (what a token name) was posting, cause I would have told him off. In fact, I'd also take a jab at the car he named himself after....Seriously with Danica now in Nascar, we can expect more of these little boys who hate Nascar, but love Danica just for being hot. They just go where she does. They didn't care about indycar either.
Old 10 Jan 2010, 23:55 (Ref:2611304)   #198
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I know someone that used to own an STi. It was silver though and he ain't a little boy.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 03:09 (Ref:2611357)   #199
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
coming up to less than a month for DP's first laps in anger, with a crowd. looking forward to a laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I know someone that used to own an STi. It was silver though and he ain't a little boy.
and i still miss it....

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 11 Jan 2010 at 03:15. Reason: topic
Old 28 Jan 2010, 23:16 (Ref:2621343)   #200
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Well, may as well post this last thing before the season starts:

"Danica's schedule announced: Danica Patrick will compete in 12 NASCAR Nationwide Series races with the possibility of 13 in her debut season with JR Motorsports, co-owner and general manager Kelley Earnhardt announced. The only event uncertain on Patrick's schedule is the Feb. 13 season opener at Daytona International Speedway. The #7 GoDaddy.com Chevy is entered in the event, but its driver will not be determined until after Patrick's race in the Automobile Racing Club of America (ARCA) event on Feb. 6. Patrick will compete in the Daytona ARCA race in a JR Motorsports-prepared #7 GoDaddy.com Chevy. Beyond Daytona, Patrick's 2010 campaign is confirmed starting with the Feb. 20 race at Auto Club Speedway and the Feb. 27 race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Following Vegas, Patrick will take a four-month hiatus to focus on her IndyCar Series responsibilities before returning to drive the #7 GoDaddy.com Chevy in the Nationwide Series June 26 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. The remainder of her schedule includes Nationwide races at Chicagoland Speedway (July 9), Michigan International Speedway (Aug. 14), Dover International Speedway (Sept. 25), Auto Club Speedway (Oct. 9), Charlotte Motor Speedway (Oct. 15), Gateway International Raceway (Oct. 23), Texas Motor Speedway (Nov. 6), Phoenix International Raceway (Nov. 13), and Homestead-Miami Speedway (Nov. 20). While Patrick's participation in the Daytona race is to be determined, JR Motorsports will still field two cars for the Nationwide Series season opener. Due to sponsorship reallocation for the upcoming season, Dale Earnhardt Jr. will drive the #88 Hellmann's Chevy in place of Kelly Bires in what is the first of two scheduled races for the JRM co-owner. Bires will return to the seat of the #88 Chevy the following week at Auto Club Speedway and could be called upon to drive the #7 GoDaddy.com Chevy at Daytona should Patrick not compete in that event. GoDaddy.com will serve as primary sponsor for 10 of Patrick's 12 races in the #7 Chevy in 2010.(JR Motorsports PR)(1-28-2010)"