Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 26 Jan 2010, 17:12 (Ref:2619787)   #176
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Snetterton

First of all Jayslav - gutted to see the Honda pics Not good at all. Presumably it is fixable - just hassle and hard work?

For everyone doing Snett on Saturday - forecast at the moment is "light snow showers" whatever that means? Though I don't reckon the forecast is near accurate until 24-48 hours before.

Lets hope MSV let us fit snow chains

See you there.
Old 26 Jan 2010, 21:51 (Ref:2619974)   #177
Robf
Rookie

England
Dudley
Robf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a day, had a cracking day at Oulton everyone we met was fantastic, hope my passengers enjoyed themselves (Hope Gravel Monkey didn't get to scared when I had a little moment lol).

Thanks everyone for a superb day will be sending MSV a email tomorrow.

Thanks

Andy and Bob (Black R33 Nissan Skyline).
Old 26 Jan 2010, 22:05 (Ref:2619987)   #178
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
was howling laughin when it happened mate. at one point i thought we were goin in, but was a crackin few laps mate, even the lad in the megane who was in front of us we were in. cheers for the ride. crackin day over all, thanks to all involved. first year i didnt go off or break something, woo hoo

now on to autotrader to go get me a skyline.
Old 26 Jan 2010, 22:22 (Ref:2619997)   #179
Robf
Rookie

England
Dudley
No problems mate anytime, if I were you go onto skylineowners.com they are for for sale on there and a good source of info.

I spoke to the guy in the megane and he thought we were going in but didn't even venture of the track lol.

Thanks
Andy
Old 26 Jan 2010, 22:46 (Ref:2620007)   #180
vw_nut
Veteran

England
hereford
vw_nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah cracking day i had a blast as always and i hope you all enjoyed it as much as me and my lupo did, great fuun on three wheels
Old 26 Jan 2010, 23:13 (Ref:2620021)   #181
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
730+ photos!! most rubbish but have removed all the utter crap and and uploading a bunch of the better, but far from excellent other stuff. There is at least one of ya Lupo thru Lodge Really enjoyed today, didn't do many laps but didn't want to hurt my baby too much. It was hugely beneficial tho as i now have a much better idea of what it can / can't do. Like it can do 95 in 4th with room to spare! and the brakes worked brilliantly on the way home too when the usual M6 muppetry caused for an emergency stop - i tell thee the general public should not be allowed on the damn roads.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 02:16 (Ref:2620071)   #182
Mark Smith
Racer

United Kingdom
Chester
Mark Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn I hadnt realised the Oulton day was on tuesday! Had a cracking day at Brands on monday. Real shame the Honda and Caterham ended up in the pit wall. The corner coming into the pit straight just didnt seem to be drying out so it was difficult to get decent grip coming out of the corner and get the power back on. I saw quite a lot of rear wheel drive cars dancing as the rear started to step out. Fortunately my Clio had plenty of grip most of the way round the circuit.
I'd just like to thank all the marshals and staff at Brands for their stirling efforts at keeping everything going all day.
I'd also like to thank the guys with the Clio 200 race car for taking me for some very fast laps after lunch and showing me how to drive round the circuit.It gave me a much better idea of the right line to take and how late to brake for each corner. It made a big difference when I went back out in my Clio. I was able to keep the car moving much faster and gained a good few extra MPH on the pit straight.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 02:19 (Ref:2620072)   #183
Mark Smith
Racer

United Kingdom
Chester
Mark Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anyone didnt get the detail for viewing photos of your cars at Brands Hatch,email proofs@rawaction.co.uk, with circuit name and date of trackday.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 07:23 (Ref:2620144)   #184
Alan.F
Racer

England
Bolton
Alan.F should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a superb day, Really great to meet up with my buddy's again its been a long winter, I dont have the car i used last year anymore so i took my 10yr old salvage bought Cat C 110,000 mile Rover 45 Oil burner out, never again lol brakes are crap and suspension was like knicker elastic so needless to say it stayed in the paddock all day from then.

Was great to meet you Rob and Andy nice looking Skyline you have there m8. Will e-mail those photos over to you later.

Cheers
Alan
Old 27 Jan 2010, 07:24 (Ref:2620145)   #185
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I will say my thanks on here but will also send an email or letter to the big wigs.

I went to Oulton yesterday and loved every minute of it. Even if the car did use a shed load of fuel and I did have to change a tyre.

The Ibiza was certainly quick enough through parts of the circuit, would love to see a piccie or two to see how quick it looks like I am going.

Thanks again to the marshals and MSV staff.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 08:15 (Ref:2620163)   #186
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my gallery can be found at http://picasaweb.google.com/ste.vinc...nTrackDay2010# - might take people a while to wade thru them to find theirs tho!
Old 27 Jan 2010, 09:34 (Ref:2620196)   #187
Alan.F
Racer

England
Bolton
Alan.F should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here are my photos from the day if anyone wants any just PM me your e-mail address and image numbers and i will forward unwatermarked ones to you. I think i got a couple of everyone that went out.

http://www.photoboxgallery.com/30023...m_id=296408337
Old 27 Jan 2010, 10:08 (Ref:2620210)   #188
John_R
Rookie

United Kingdom
Dukinfield, Cheshire
John_R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Yesterday has to go down as one of the better days in my life..........

Meet up with some really good friends, Oulton Breakfast, Trackday, Takeaway, Pub for a couple of pints and home in time for the new series of Shameless. It just can't get any better....!!

The old Porsche (Black 944S2) stood up to the abuse well. Those who spoke to me know I was really bothered there would be some hugely expensive failure, but there was none. It pulled like a train, handled fantastcally (after I put air in the tyres, thanks to he guys with the white 944 Keith and Mike I think, for the tip). The front brakes smoked a bit when I came back in each time but fortunately they worked perfectly.

I even got a compliment from Gravel Monkey....!!

Blagged a ride in the Skyline, thanks Guys sorry if I pulled the door card off, I had to hold on tight....

Steve (Hepatic), looks like we were in different places when you were taking photo's so if anyone else managed to get any pics (Don't think I was going to fast ) please let me know how I can get a look at them.

Huge thanks to MSV for this, I will be letting them know how grateful I am.

See you all in a few weeks when the training begins, looking forward to another good year..
Old 27 Jan 2010, 13:32 (Ref:2620332)   #189
Robf
Rookie

England
Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_R View Post

Blagged a ride in the Skyline, thanks Guys sorry if I pulled the door card off, I had to hold on tight....
No problem mate anytime, I think Gravel Monkey will assure you the door cards are held on strong after my little moment coming out of Cascades thanks for the compliments on my car control lol. (the marshls probably thought oh oh this is gonna hurt lol)

Hope I didn't make a nusience of myself when slightly drifting lodge corner on the exit wasn't intentional honest.

Now where's that credit card need a bigger turbo lol.

Alan thanks for taking those pics saw them on your link will get Dad to check his email when he gets back lol.

Thanks for a great day all and thanks to all the marshals for letting other marshals have a play on track.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 17:29 (Ref:2620444)   #190
Ian Briggs
Veteran

Ian Briggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone get any photos of Elsie the Landy on her couple of trips round OP?
Old 27 Jan 2010, 19:01 (Ref:2620497)   #191
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
i didn't, was gong to when you took GM out but then you had a slight tyre issue...
Old 27 Jan 2010, 19:19 (Ref:2620511)   #192
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
had nothing to do with me, would just point out that a certain mr fazza appeared out of nowere just after that happened.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 19:25 (Ref:2620517)   #193
Smiler69
Rookie

England
Wirral
Smiler69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan.F View Post
Here are my photos from the day if anyone wants any just PM me your e-mail address and image numbers and i will forward unwatermarked ones to you. I think i got a couple of everyone that went out.

http://www.photoboxgallery.com/30023...m_id=296408337
Some cracking photos there Alan, you even got some of my poorly looking Corsa in the garage. Any chance you can email me them please mate?
Old 27 Jan 2010, 19:30 (Ref:2620521)   #194
Smiler69
Rookie

England
Wirral
Smiler69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a fantastic day, my first track day of many. Although I didn't get much track time with power steering problems I loved every minute of it!

If anyone has photos of me, it'd be appreciated if I could have a copy.

Thanks to all involved in making this happen!
Old 27 Jan 2010, 21:09 (Ref:2620588)   #195
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D View Post
Well I will say my thanks on here but will also send an email or letter to the big wigs.

I went to Oulton yesterday and loved every minute of it. Even if the car did use a shed load of fuel and I did have to change a tyre.

The Ibiza was certainly quick enough through parts of the circuit, would love to see a piccie or two to see how quick it looks like I am going.

Thanks again to the marshals and MSV staff.
personally i think you had the biggest accident of the day aswell
Old 27 Jan 2010, 21:17 (Ref:2620595)   #196
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know, I think I'll never get over that small speck of dirt missing from my Seat Badge. *sniffle*
Old 27 Jan 2010, 21:19 (Ref:2620597)   #197
stephenbroughton08
Rookie

United Kingdom
Biddulph, Staffordshire
stephenbroughton08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic View Post
my gallery can be found at http://picasaweb.google.com/ste.vinc...nTrackDay2010# - might take people a while to wade thru them to find theirs tho!
what an amazin day we all had!! hope you dont mind steve but i have pinched a few of your amazing pics of my nifty shifty C2 for my facebook page

look forward to seeing you all trackside soon!
Old 27 Jan 2010, 21:26 (Ref:2620601)   #198
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D View Post
I know, I think I'll never get over that small speck of dirt missing from my Seat Badge. *sniffle*
sod the seat badge, i feel it was a viscous unprovoked attack on keiths mental lupo
Old 27 Jan 2010, 21:34 (Ref:2620605)   #199
mmm_five
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool
mmm_five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm so peeved at missing this. Looks like the track stayed dry all day too!

Ah well, I'll just keep repeating "I'm off to the 'Ring in March" to myself and that should raise my spirits.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 22:01 (Ref:2620631)   #200
P R Oban
Rookie

United Kingdom
P R Oban should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

What a fantastic day, just glad the car didn't seem to have any problems after the thrasing it got round Oulton. Usually the Fabia (estate TDI) averages 55 mpg, yesterday it was down to 25

Thanks to those who give us a ride round, talk about chalk n cheese one minute out the race prepped VW golf, next time out the Jeep. Can't say which i enjoyed the most as it was such a different experiance.