Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 31 May 2010, 20:31 (Ref:2702027)   #176
MESHGA
Racer

MESHGA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs 200 View Post
well was a good weekend until i saw and heard doran jr shouting at a driver or 2 ,when will he grow up and keep it shut people dont want to see this or hear it,not sure what team hanson would have to say but from where i was did not look good ,and i did see something else around this time which i did not want to see ,has put a black mark on a few people now ,my opion has changed after 20 years of watching him ,
Have to say ,Have you any proof on what your saying?
Did any one else see anything?
Old 31 May 2010, 20:37 (Ref:2702034)   #177
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent days racing, thought Procter and Duval drove very well, Kuypers and Hunsbedt were rather aggressive and I think if Liam's car hadn't been damaged he could have challenged for a win. Tanner Foust drove well also but what happened to Eriksson? Julian Godfrey went well on the tarmac but didnt have the umphh coming out of Chessons which cost him several places, those Russians were quick. Well done to Derek Tohill went very well today.

For a days rallycross it was a bit slow going in terms of the delays between races, especially the finals - interviews on the track in between finals, the red bus that kept coming on the track etc

Real shame Arthur Debenham wasn't commentating - didn't catch why as we stood back at the exit to the chicane which until recently was roped off - thanks for reinstating this spectating area - however please fix the commentary as you can't hear anything there!

From what I heard though - good job you couldn't hear the commentary actually - the guy doing it was awful, he's been to Lydden to do rallycross several times now but still doesn't know anything about it, resorting to reading texts out that people had sent in and getting mexican waves going - basically because the bloke is clueless.
Old 31 May 2010, 21:07 (Ref:2702057)   #178
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lo, agreed about eh commentator

Came up with "double European Rallycross champion Will Gollop" once

I nearly ran up there and stuck the mic up his bum!!
Old 31 May 2010, 22:14 (Ref:2702123)   #179
fatboyrst
Rookie

fatboyrst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
who was doran jr shouting at?
Old 31 May 2010, 22:28 (Ref:2702129)   #180
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks ebby it looked like I missed a good meeting.
Old 1 Jun 2010, 07:01 (Ref:2702300)   #181
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This was the first rallyx meeting for me for since 1989! firstly the cars where every thing I recall, fast and exciting, but maybe a bit fragile?

Who in gods name was the commentator? part of the role is to know alittle bit about the cars and drivers. seemed well out his depth and resorted to 'comic banter' that was so sad. keeping the punters informed about the races is also part of the role. maybe he didnt know a car had been thrown out after the Doran crash, but the 20 mins to decide that smeed to drag, I only heard it second hand so it may not even be true, but that kind of my point.

I think Lydden may have had security problems in the past, that can be the only reason for the para military security strolling around. not very welcoming I thought.

And finally what was it with the bus? jeez I felt my hair grow while the presentations droned on.

Apart from that, hopefully it wont be 20 odd years till I go again!
Old 1 Jun 2010, 07:46 (Ref:2702318)   #182
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was only there for the Monday, but I had a throughly enjoyable day out, I was pleasantly surprised to see some old spectator areas brought back into commission as well.

A well deserved win from Isachsen, though I do wonder if Liam could have given him more a run if his car hadn't been damaged. Full credit to the mechanics for getting it back on the grid though. Shame not to see Foust run in the final, I was looking forward to seeing how he'd fare against the top drivers - plus I thought his car was one of the best sounding of the weekend! What happened to Eriksson?

I thought the racing seemed very stop/start during the day? Didn't bother me that much, but it just seemed uncharacteristic of rallycross events at Lydden.

My only real criticism was the commentary was incredibly patchy. As has already been pointed out the commentator didn't seem to know what he was talking about, nor did he communicate what was happening with the delays etc. very well.

PS. Nice pictures Dave Smeets!
Old 1 Jun 2010, 08:10 (Ref:2702334)   #183
MESHGA
Racer

MESHGA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Same commentator from Knockhill maybe?
Old 1 Jun 2010, 08:21 (Ref:2702346)   #184
D Smeets
Racer

D Smeets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
PS. Nice pictures Dave Smeets!
Thanks.

Pics from yesterday also online on my website: www.davesmeets.n

Old 1 Jun 2010, 08:26 (Ref:2702351)   #185
daz2202
Racer

England
Canterbury
daz2202 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Driver of the weekend for me has to be Derek Tohill. Car was immaculate, excellent drive and a superb overtake in the final at the top of the hill.
Old 1 Jun 2010, 09:49 (Ref:2702388)   #186
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche View Post
So Duvall is back on the list and reports elsewhere that he is going there to win! Could be interesting cant see that happening I think he will be lucky to make the B final with no previous testing of the circuit,I guess he will be busy on the press day along with Tanner
Well, they both made into the A-finals, good results I guess!
Old 1 Jun 2010, 09:54 (Ref:2702392)   #187
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
And also Godfrey pulling about 10,000 rpm!! hell that thing screams!
That didn't help him win the start...

Quote:
Div1A again looked like Mini's round the Nordschliefe here, was hilarious listnening to them changing up0 4 times down the hill and only going about 15 mph faster!! Like kids on mopeds!! But good racing and nice mix of cars
Yeah those close ratios gearboxes are not always a good thing. The usable engine band is probably so narrow they need it going up the hill at all...

Quote:
Facilities great but people please, ONLY use the pits cafe, don't go to the ones out on track, they are more expensive, smaller cups/burgers etc, and the coffee I had there tasted like soil!! Awful.
Great tip! Thanks! Luckily I had this VIP pass, so I didn't have to buy anything on Monday...
Old 1 Jun 2010, 10:03 (Ref:2702396)   #188
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Well with the 2nd heat I thought OMG, why doesn't Kuypers put a little bit more aggression into it, when Eriksson made his pass. But that did change in heat 3 and the finals! Thankfully...

Procter did very well, the car looks the bizz and I think that with a little bit of luck we will see more A-finals. The VA-enginered car is still one of the better cars out there, I doubt if Kuypers new one enginered by Ingvar is that much better. Is Procter still running it with Callaghan spec engine?

The Astra of Bardy/Evans is still the 1st Astra, it is converted to cooling in the boot, like the 2nd one. But the 2nd one is gone, it is used as donor for the 1st...

Isachsen looked a bit boring, not as wild as a couple of years ago... I think Doran Jr., Walfridsson, Foust and Duval were more entertaining.

Hansen did what he is allways doing: just keeping up with others in the heats to beat them in the finals...

Jernberg, was the big dissapointment... So we will see him in 2011 I guess...
Old 1 Jun 2010, 11:02 (Ref:2702428)   #189
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A fantastic weekend,well done to Amy & her team for putting on a wonderful event, and surely Lydden will get a round again next year. Also thanks to all the drivers for putting on such a great show the racing seemed alot better this year though it was a shame some did have mechanical issues.

As others have said the commentator was somewhere below dreadful. Apart from the pathetic text messaging & mexican wave (just needed a hi de hi to complete things) he gave little information on drivers, no run down of the order at the end of each timed runs and no grids for the finals, in fact despite knowing little french I had more idea what was going on at Kerlabo,though in fairness I dont know how much notice he had that he was going to be doing the whole event (get well soon Arthur, we very much miss you).

I did see Liam being held held back by a couple of marshalls while the re-run of his heat was being sorted, but in fairness he did then appear to walk away.

Again thanks and well done to everyone who gave us such a good weekend.
Old 1 Jun 2010, 12:14 (Ref:2702468)   #190
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing cars View Post
A fantastic weekend,well done to Amy & her team for putting on a wonderful event, and surely Lydden will get a round again next year. Also thanks to all the drivers for putting on such a great show the racing seemed alot better this year though it was a shame some did have mechanical issues.

As others have said the commentator was somewhere below dreadful. Apart from the pathetic text messaging & mexican wave (just needed a hi de hi to complete things) he gave little information on drivers, no run down of the order at the end of each timed runs and no grids for the finals, in fact despite knowing little french I had more idea what was going on at Kerlabo,though in fairness I dont know how much notice he had that he was going to be doing the whole event (get well soon Arthur, we very much miss you).

I did see Liam being held held back by a couple of marshalls while the re-run of his heat was being sorted, but in fairness he did then appear to walk away.
Sounds like a great event, can't wait to check out the coverage. Commentating seems to be a bit of an issue with a lot rallycross events/coverage this year and by the sounds of it somebody really needs to have a word with Doran Jnr.
Old 1 Jun 2010, 13:37 (Ref:2702514)   #191
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought it was a cracking event. Some really close racing and great overtaking moves (plus fantastic defensive driving twice by Julian, like the Gollop/Schanche days). And the finals were really decent too.

Thought it was a bit unfair for Hunsbedt to get DQ'd for his actions, then not DQ Kuypers, consistency needs to be looked at.

Completely agree that the gap between the Division 2 A final and the Div 1a A final was embarrassingly long. If there was an incident in the Div 1 final and it couldnt be rerun due to time constraints, then it would have been awful. Still, that didnt happen, so no harm no foul.

It did look like Liam was kicking off. Very embarrassing and hope that King Kenny gives him a hiding. Also, Pat seemed to be having a word with Lysen after the second heat; not really sure why, as dont think Lysen did anything wrong.

And yes, that commentator was toilet! Not just lack of rallycross knowledge but his lack of intelligence! At one point, he read out a text message from "Isaac Hunt", without realising it was rude. What a tool!

But overall, fantastic three days, enjoyed all of it, and THANK YOU LHMC FOR RE-INSTATING THE BEST PLACE TO WATCH RALLYCROSS FROM EVER.

(on a side note, why did so many cars hit that kerb knowing that it led to punctures?! Avoid the flipping thing!)
Old 1 Jun 2010, 14:02 (Ref:2702526)   #192
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not the first time then that liam has had to be held back from someone. Last time he was up in proctors face for something that had nothing to do with him!
Old 1 Jun 2010, 14:52 (Ref:2702558)   #193
bigdick1977
Racer

England
Swindon
bigdick1977 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone else see Andy Scott measuring the 207 and his new transporter in the paddock after the finals?
When I asked if it wold fit he grinned and said 'I hope so'!
The car was sat in Andys awning at this point (as Pailler was packing everything else away).
Old 1 Jun 2010, 15:13 (Ref:2702563)   #194
StockHatch782
Racer

StockHatch782 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best weekend of the year so far for me! Phenomenal event, a really good bunch of people, some top banter and superb racing. And the weather wasn't half bad either.

Felt genuinely sad as I pulled out onto the A2 – can we have one every weekend please?

Last edited by StockHatch782; 1 Jun 2010 at 15:14. Reason: Fat fingers
Old 1 Jun 2010, 15:54 (Ref:2702586)   #195
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oops, i meant to say HUGE congratulations to Derek Tohill! Fantastic display in the final, especially as Borseth looked to have the edge all weekend - and to re-take the lead was fantastic. We'll be there in Hungary to cheer you on!! (speaking of which, anyone on here going to that?!)
Old 1 Jun 2010, 16:03 (Ref:2702593)   #196
Hickey1
Racer

England
Maidstone, Kent
Hickey1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I concur Dave, the best weekend of the year. Hungary is going to have to be pretty special this weekend to better it.

Thought Kev was unlucky to come up against a rather quick Duval in the B Final. Would have been great to see two Brits in the A final.

Tohill drove brilliantly, especially to re-take the lead on the last corner. A great, clean, move.

Bring on next year!
Old 1 Jun 2010, 16:56 (Ref:2702629)   #197
rs 200
Racer

rs 200 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MESHGA View Post
Have to say ,Have you any proof on what your saying?
Did any one else see anything?
what are you jr pr or have you got more to say .

i think there is enough people on here what did see this ,he was having a go at what looked liked jos kuypers ,for having a racing come together and looking at jos front bumper i would say very little contact or none to pats fiesta ,so will he keep out of other peoples track issues or behave most people would jump at a chance to drive for khm ,but i guess he has had it to easy ,i hope khm give him a good chat ,i dont think i have ever seen kenny upset ,i think it must take a lot to push him over the edge so things like this must get under kennys skin,
Old 1 Jun 2010, 17:11 (Ref:2702644)   #198
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Comentating issue?
Can I just say that it wasn't great but when you get told on the Saturday late that Arthur D will not be attending because of Ill health then I think all things considered it wasn't that bad.
Mr P is normally Arthurs side kick at the British events at lydden so to be thrust into the biggest event of the British Calender and be told your the voice of the weekend Fair play I say

Ok it was bad what was the alternative Music all day..

Get well soon Arthur.....
Old 1 Jun 2010, 17:16 (Ref:2702650)   #199
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs 200 View Post
what are you jr pr or have you got more to say .

i think there is enough people on here what did see this ,he was having a go at what looked liked jos kuypers ,for having a racing come together and looking at jos front bumper i would say very little contact or none to pats fiesta ,so will he keep out of other peoples track issues or behave most people would jump at a chance to drive for khm ,but i guess he has had it to easy ,i hope khm give him a good chat ,i dont think i have ever seen kenny upset ,i think it must take a lot to push him over the edge so things like this must get under kennys skin,
I didn't see Liam, but I did saw Pat was not amused. Kuypers is not the most aggressive driver out there, so I thought Pat's reaction was a bit to much.

As for Liam, I didn't see it, but being an unofficial driver for Citroen he really needs to think twice. I am sure Citroen want him to be representive, including being able to give good press presentations...
Old 1 Jun 2010, 17:19 (Ref:2702653)   #200
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Despite the bad commentating and lack of info being given in particular European info for non English supporters, anyone noticed the brakes on Munnich's Fabia when braking downhill? Nicely red, good to get on photo!