Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 7 Oct 2012, 21:37 (Ref:3147863)   #176
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
why is the crc reporter on the crc motorsport show wearing his teams gear rather than crc gear?

who pays the bills???

I wasn't complaining for obvious reasons
Old 8 Oct 2012, 00:01 (Ref:3147923)   #177
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I give a thumbs up for the coverage was happy with the number of ads as you could tell when they left the Aussie broadcast and that seemed pretty often.
Old 8 Oct 2012, 00:49 (Ref:3147939)   #178
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe the shirts for the CRC Motorsport Show arrived after Boothy flew out?

Evomike was on TV at Bathurst it would seem, indirectly, but (almost ) any publicity is good publicity.

As for TV3's coverage, it was very good. We started a stream direct from Australia via the internet and they ran side-by-side. Apart from a few typos that one of the observers noted when Kiwi the driver intros were done, it was a great show.

The Aussies got about 5 more ad breaks to the middle of the race on 7 than we did in NZ, and obviously this paid off for them in the closing stages - We didn't miss a beat by being able to watch the 7 feed streaming live during the NZ ad breaks - a luxury that not everyone would have.

The 7 post-race footage was very good and we watched this as each Top 10 driver pairing got an interview which was quite impressive.

All in all, the CRC "Andy, Mork, and Shaun" Show was much better than we anticipated so well done there.

Will the V8 Supercars be on TV3 next year?
Old 8 Oct 2012, 01:09 (Ref:3147948)   #179
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Thank God they didn't show the shoot out live on Saturday as I would have to have missed a repeat of the 500th rerun of the 'Office'.
Old 8 Oct 2012, 01:27 (Ref:3147953)   #180
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Thank God they didn't show the shoot out live on Saturday as I would have to have missed a repeat of the 500th rerun of the 'Office'.
the original or the UK version?

Bathurst highlight's on Sky's Sport 365 Headlines was rather interesting. didn't think Sky screened non-Sky related sports on 365?
Old 8 Oct 2012, 01:35 (Ref:3147955)   #181
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
Bathurst highlight's on Sky's Sport 365 Headlines was rather interesting. didn't think Sky screened non-Sky related sports on 365?
preparation for next year ???
Old 9 Oct 2012, 00:01 (Ref:3148569)   #182
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_nz View Post
Woolley - if you were American I would fully expect a poor understanding of relative geography and time zone differences but from an Englishman? No wonder the Empire is in such a pickle.
Contrary to popular belief it is not possible to drive from EnZed to watch Bathurst (or go shopping in Sydney)
Please tell me you were being ironic in that response and didn't just completely miss the joke. I thought this: might have given a clue that I wasn't being serious.

If you need to know I've been to three Australian states (and flown over two others) and visited both islands of NZ so I'm very aware of the geography and the time zones, including that weird ½ hour one you have.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 00:14 (Ref:3148574)   #183
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Please tell me you were being ironic in that response and didn't just completely miss the joke. I thought this: might have given a clue that I wasn't being serious.

If you need to know I've been to three Australian states (and flown over two others) and visited both islands of NZ so I'm very aware of the geography and the time zones, including that weird ½ hour one you have.
NZ is all one time zone, its the other side of the Tasman that changes them all around
Old 9 Oct 2012, 00:31 (Ref:3148581)   #184
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
yes, i agree with the 1/2 hour timezone we have, but due to our liquor licensing laws, when they call 'last drinks' it's only ever unfortunate if you have a nearly full jug !!
Old 9 Oct 2012, 02:18 (Ref:3148611)   #185
MalcolmC
Racer

New Zealand
Down there a bit
MalcolmC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nistfan View Post
NZ is all one time zone, its the other side of the Tasman that changes them all around
Chatham Is. (part of NZ) is 45min ahead of the mainland.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 03:04 (Ref:3148630)   #186
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
preparation for next year ???
we can only hope
Old 9 Oct 2012, 18:38 (Ref:3148976)   #187
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

You could always ask your relatives who live in Aussie Woolley, you would have had heaps of them arriving in Botany Bay in the early days.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 20:47 (Ref:3149047)   #188
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
You could always ask your relatives who live in Aussie Woolley, you would have had heaps of them arriving in Botany Bay in the early days.
Woolley makes housecalls....in the flesh he makes Chopper Reid look like a pussy cat..

I know..he's been to my house...
Old 10 Oct 2012, 00:39 (Ref:3149120)   #189
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Woolley makes housecalls....in the flesh he makes Chopper Reid look like a pussy cat..
That's why he is a moderator
Old 10 Oct 2012, 01:27 (Ref:3149133)   #190
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:

I know..he's been to my house...

outcalls what? hahaha!
Old 10 Oct 2012, 03:10 (Ref:3149155)   #191
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
outcalls what? hahaha!
I think he has been to all our houses at sometime, he's actually quite a nice guy when you get to know him, or so they tell me.

But I think he's just lonely really, that's why he just calls in unannounced from time to time.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 03:10 (Ref:3149156)   #192
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gotta say i personally thought the coverage of bathurst was great and it got even better with each beer........kudos to all imo...
Old 10 Oct 2012, 03:40 (Ref:3149167)   #193
TV3
Rookie

TV3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcey View Post
gotta say i personally thought the coverage of bathurst was great and it got even better with each beer........kudos to all imo...
Thanks Harcey, Shaun, myself and the team worked hard in delivering the best Bathurst broadcast possible. I was pretty pleased with what went to air, especially broadcasting the race in HD while our Aussie mates could only do SD. We were also fortunate in having less commercial breaks than Channel 7. We did however need to force a break at 6.20pm due to Channel 7 having no more breaks to play, apologies for that. This years Bathurst achieved the highest ratings to date, peaking at a 64.7% share... That is huge when you consider the News rates around 25-30%.
Cheers
Nigel Carpenter
Producer CRC Motorsport TV3
Old 10 Oct 2012, 03:51 (Ref:3149169)   #194
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe TV3 needs to be shouting the figures? Many of us are somewhat underwhelmed by the shouting from rugby fans, yet they (along with followers of dog meat racing) get their own TV channel(s).

Motorsport often doesn't televise well, mainly due to the producer's preoccupation with the race leaders and minimal coverage of the rest of the field.

I was happy enough with the TV3 coverage, though I must confess, I do record then fast forward... In years past, we did get some (minimal) coverage of the support races which I enjoyed, as I am one of many who prefers something other than Ford vs Holden. Next year's viewing figures may well be better still.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 04:14 (Ref:3149175)   #195
Just Do It!
Veteran

Hi Nigel,

You and Shaun, and the rest of the team, did an awesome job.

As a point of interest, if we look at the viewership of Bathurst compared to other V8 Supercar events, how do the rest rate? Obviously, having to often show the 2nd (and, sometimes, 3rd) races later affect those races' viewership from a surveying perspective, but the MySky and HD recorders would be what many people would use to ensure viewing of them regardless.

At 64.7%, that must surely out-rate any other live sporting event.

And the other big question is, of course, will TV3 be keeping the coverage for 2013 and beyond?
Old 10 Oct 2012, 04:19 (Ref:3149176)   #196
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TV3 View Post
Thanks Harcey, Shaun, myself and the team worked hard in delivering the best Bathurst broadcast possible. I was pretty pleased with what went to air, especially broadcasting the race in HD while our Aussie mates could only do SD. We were also fortunate in having less commercial breaks than Channel 7. We did however need to force a break at 6.20pm due to Channel 7 having no more breaks to play, apologies for that. This years Bathurst achieved the highest ratings to date, peaking at a 64.7% share... That is huge when you consider the News rates around 25-30%.
Cheers
Nigel Carpenter
Producer CRC Motorsport TV3
Don't worry mate I am sure there are plenty on here who wouldn't be happy if you let them loose in a brothel with 2 fists full of fities!
Old 10 Oct 2012, 05:44 (Ref:3149187)   #197
TV3
Rookie

TV3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
Hi Nigel,

You and Shaun, and the rest of the team, did an awesome job.

As a point of interest, if we look at the viewership of Bathurst compared to other V8 Supercar events, how do the rest rate? Obviously, having to often show the 2nd (and, sometimes, 3rd) races later affect those races' viewership from a surveying perspective, but the MySky and HD recorders would be what many people would use to ensure viewing of them regardless.

At 64.7%, that must surely out-rate any other live sporting event.

And the other big question is, of course, will TV3 be keeping the coverage for 2013 and beyond?
The Bathurst ratings were exceptional, but sadly not the rule. Supercar ratings are generally OK but not overwhelming and not enough for the Network to screen them during prime time (sadly). As a ratings comparison V8 Supertourers have given Supercars a run for their money this year(excluding Bathurst) Also let me clarify that peak rating of 64.7%.. The demo those exceptional ratings apply to is 25-54 Males.. Will TV3 have Supercars next year? I don't know at this stage. All I can say is this, the Australian domestic broadcast rights need to be in place before an NZ deal is done.
As soon as I know let you know.

Cheers, Nigel.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 07:24 (Ref:3149207)   #198
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well, live/same day vs delayed and very late at night. A not a fair comparison
Old 10 Oct 2012, 08:49 (Ref:3149247)   #199
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Well one is a series that has boring races and rubbish cars that break down every single time they go on the track, blablabla. and the other is the greatest show on Earth. Yet the TV ratings are similar, Go figure.
They do play the races on the same days and at a similar time for both series. And yes I do understand the last race for SC is run on our TV late that night. Before you point it out for me.
Very good for NZ motor sport I think.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 21:10 (Ref:3149623)   #200
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
well that's debatable J.. if these figures are correct..

TV Ratings: 3 June 2012
Most watched on TV3

1.3 News: 424,580 (6:00pm – 7:00pm)
2.60 Minutes: 297,020 (7:30pm – 8:30pm)
3.Placemakers Big Angry Fish: 192,340 (5:30pm – 6:00pm)
4.Modern Family: 191,030 (7:00pm – 7:30pm)
5.Ray: 107,650 (8:30pm – 11:25pm)

TV Ratings: 29 April 2012
Most watched on TV3

1.3 News: 294,180 (6:00pm – 7:00pm)
2.60 Minutes: 178,770 (7:30pm – 8:30pm)
3.Big Angry Fish: 139,370 (5:30pm – 6:00pm)
4.Touch: 130,510 (8:30pm – 9:30pm)
5.Would I Lie to You?: 122,420 (7:00pm – 7:30pm)

the fishing show on 1/2 hour later smokes local motorsport :/