Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Jul 2012, 05:21 (Ref:3102236)   #176
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A thought. The race is about 3 weeks earlier in 2013 so the 0615 Daylight saving time start will probably be in almost complete daylight.
That will lose one of the great spectacles of the race.
What are the thougts of putting start time forward to 0530 to regain a bit of dark running and put a 1730 finish in time to suit TV news schedules including the Podium.
Your thoughts on whether this would be an improvement, or are there circuit closure restrictions to stop it happening.
Old 5 Jul 2012, 06:54 (Ref:3102253)   #177
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
A thought. The race is about 3 weeks earlier in 2013 so the 0615 Daylight saving time start will probably be in almost complete daylight.
What are the thougts of putting start time forward to 0530 to regain a bit of dark running and put a 1730 finish in time to suit TV news schedules including the Podium.
Your thoughts on whether this would be an improvement, or are there circuit closure restrictions to stop it happening.
+1. The laps in the dark are an amazing sight.

Better still, bring back the 24hr!
Old 5 Jul 2012, 09:01 (Ref:3102306)   #178
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Harder. View Post
+1. The laps in the dark are an amazing sight.

Better still, bring back the 24hr!

I will second that!
Old 5 Jul 2012, 09:20 (Ref:3102310)   #179
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The lack of production entries is disappointing.A pathetic dummy spit.The 12 Hour is by far the best event any of theseguys will ever get the chance to run in.Ralliart,Holt ,Pollicina and the rest should hang their heads.
Old 5 Jul 2012, 09:23 (Ref:3102312)   #180
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors View Post
Which 458 is likely for B12 ff? Any chance of both Nick and Peter running their cars?
I don't work for Maranello Motorsport, but the way I see it, I don't think they'll run both cars. I'd suggest they need to get a result under their belt after numerous tries without getting one, and to focus on doing one car well.

The Vicious Rumour 458 GT3 is also a potential, but there is no commitment to run yet.

It was at Sandown today, some unfinished business from the recent Vic state round there, and we had a brilliant day

Nearly 50 laps run all on used tyres, and some great times and data produced. He'll be going places, and it's exciting to be part of it.
Old 5 Jul 2012, 09:27 (Ref:3102313)   #181
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

No problem with that at all..... I'd even go so far as to say try to schedule the entire first stint (1hr +) to be run in dark/dawn......
Old 5 Jul 2012, 11:50 (Ref:3102365)   #182
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
No problem with that at all..... I'd even go so far as to say try to schedule the entire first stint (1hr +) to be run in dark/dawn......
Agree totally. The first hour or so trackside this year was great to watch with it so dark.

An earlier start also naturally means an earlier finish, which is good if you have to drive home after
Old 5 Jul 2012, 11:55 (Ref:3102367)   #183
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 12hrs of the 90's started at 5am and it was awesome with the cars running around in the dark. The 2am wake up to get organised I'm not so sure about

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 5 Jul 2012, 12:14 (Ref:3102379)   #184
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
The 12hrs of the 90's started at 5am and it was awesome with the cars running around in the dark. The 2am wake up to get organised I'm not so sure about
Pffft.... Just stay up. One all nighter never hurt
Old 5 Jul 2012, 12:17 (Ref:3102384)   #185
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
I had a superb day today.....

I used a lamborghini miura as a service crew vehicle, to attend the Vicious Rumour test at Sandown...

And I got 5 laps passenger in the 458

And I had a good look over an MP4 12C....
Old 5 Jul 2012, 12:38 (Ref:3102391)   #186
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Pffft.... Just stay up. One all nighter never hurt
Yep, been there done that. Waiting for the TAFE guys to fix an NSX so I could put the signs back on it.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 5 Jul 2012, 12:55 (Ref:3102397)   #187
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
A thought. What are the thougts of putting start time forward to 0530 to regain a bit of dark running and put a 1730 finish in time to suit TV news schedules including the Podium.
Bloody great idea.
Old 5 Jul 2012, 13:00 (Ref:3102398)   #188
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I had a superb day today.....

I used a lamborghini miura as a service crew vehicle
That's enough to make me jealous right there.

Oh, and I have noticed that Lightning McQueen has been entered, so he will be making an appearance at the Mountain. Pending some drivers with budget I am told.
Old 6 Jul 2012, 00:15 (Ref:3102644)   #189
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't work for Maranello Motorsport, but the way I see it, I don't think they'll run both cars. I'd suggest they need to get a result under their belt after numerous tries without getting one, and to focus on doing one car well.
I just figured you'd have an inside scoop
Old 6 Jul 2012, 03:35 (Ref:3102689)   #190
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Think "Robocop".......
Yeah that clears it all up ff.... I think.
Old 6 Jul 2012, 03:36 (Ref:3102691)   #191
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
Yep, been there done that. Waiting for the TAFE guys to fix an NSX so I could put the signs back on it.
Was that the infamous Dogbone accident Mt P?. I remember reading an article on how difficult a job that was.
Old 6 Jul 2012, 04:52 (Ref:3102701)   #192
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Great idea. Watching the headlights blazing down Conrod and the glowing brake rotors as the cars braked into Murrays was one of the highlights of last years race. At least the first half hour of the race should be run in the dark.
Old 6 Jul 2012, 09:30 (Ref:3102760)   #193
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors View Post
I just figured you'd have an inside scoop
ah, oh, in that case, I have a MONSTER of one of those...

but I'll just sit on it a while longer......
Old 6 Jul 2012, 09:34 (Ref:3102765)   #194
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd yort View Post
Yeah that clears it all up ff.... I think.
you have 2'04".95 minutes to comply......
Old 6 Jul 2012, 23:14 (Ref:3103072)   #195
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Was that the infamous Dogbone accident Mt P?. I remember reading an article on how difficult a job that was.
Thats the one. Nobody had pulled one appart so that was the first saga, then the chasis rails were alluminium so every time they pulled them forward they sprang back. They made it out just after the start of the race.

Old 7 Jul 2012, 01:50 (Ref:3103112)   #196
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
ah, oh, in that case, I have a MONSTER of one of those...

but I'll just sit on it a while longer......
Monster sponsored 458? Valentino Rossi's car at Blancpain at Monza looked awesome so would be nice. http://img.youtube.com/vi/vWUbqh8U4v4/0.jpg
Old 9 Jul 2012, 22:43 (Ref:3104389)   #197
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
Kerry Baily has entered the Aston for the Sports Sedan support races.

http://www.sportsedan.com.au/docs/BA...0GRID%20v1.pdf

Just hope the Audi is a late entry too. 35+ cars have paid up and entered.
Old 9 Jul 2012, 23:30 (Ref:3104410)   #198
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Kerry Baily has entered the Aston for the Sports Sedan support races.

http://www.sportsedan.com.au/docs/BA...0GRID%20v1.pdf

Just hope the Audi is a late entry too. 35+ cars have paid up and entered.
And no Alfa yet?
Old 9 Jul 2012, 23:42 (Ref:3104412)   #199
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still say that the race should run on Saturday, start at 10:00 AM and finish after dark with the associated fireworks and after race concert, much as they do at Sebring.
At Le Mans the most popular time to watch the race is the start, the place is packed but within a few hours most of the locals have gone home well before dark. Many don't bother coming back for the finish either.
A 10 AM start would be way better for live TV and the 10 PM finish would be ideal for European audiences either watching on line or on Motors TV or listening to Radio Le Mans.
That gives interstate visitors a day to get home.
Starting at some ungodly hour of the morning limits your audience as only the most dedicated race fans will be up to watch. From memory the live stream at the start this year had less than 1200 people watching.
Many more people are up on Saturday night at 10 than up at 5.00 AM.
Also the race finish and a suitable concert would attract lots of locals. I mean what else is there to do in Bathurst on a Saturday night?
And yes if they want to raise the races international profile they must shell out for Radio Le Mans to cover it.
Many people at Le Mans knew about the race but they weren't too sure on the details, but most expressed an interest in running the race, but it would need a much bigger International profile to convince their sponsors that it was worthwhile.
Old 10 Jul 2012, 02:29 (Ref:3104430)   #200
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpitlane View Post
I still say that the race should run on Saturday, start at 10:00 AM and finish after dark with the associated fireworks and after race concert, much as they do at Sebring.
That gives interstate visitors a day to get home.
As an interstate visitor to the event (from Melb) I agree 100% with this idea. I enjoyed this years event, although it cost me a camera! It didn't appreciate working in the rain and died about 12:30pm. Regardless of event timing, I'm looking forward to next year.