Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 21 May 2013, 18:41 (Ref:3251295)   #176
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I copied and pasted incorrectly, sorry!
Old 21 May 2013, 22:52 (Ref:3251408)   #177
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Jamie Whincup qualified at 1'31.1 with the Holden Commodore. Johnnie O'Connell did 1'33.5 with his Cadillac CTS.
Saw a tweet from Pat Long that indicated fastest race laps were actually a little closer:
Quote:
Patrick Long ‏@pLmotorsport 17h
That is pretty wild! RT Fastest COTA race lap for #PirelliWC GT: O'Connell/Cadillac 1.33.3 Australian V8 Supercar Whincup/Holden 1.33.5
https://twitter.com/pLmotorsport

Did O'Connell really match his q-ing time during the race itself? Interesting comparison, nonetheless.

Really wish I joined my friends there this past weekend. Just not in the cards or the bank account this year.
Old 22 May 2013, 01:55 (Ref:3251470)   #178
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Did O'Connell really match his q-ing time during the race itself? Interesting comparison, nonetheless.
Qualifying was Friday afternoon. Saturday's race was run on the tires everyone qualified on. Everyone started on stickers for Sunday's race. Sunday's cooler temps and better track conditions made it quicker than qualifying. I think I qualified w/ a 1:34.5 and did a 1:34.1 on Sunday in the first 5 laps (in traffic).. before my transmission got stuck in 6th gear.

-mike
Old 22 May 2013, 02:08 (Ref:3251472)   #179
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Saw a tweet from Pat Long that indicated fastest race laps were actually a little closer:
https://twitter.com/pLmotorsport

Really wish I joined my friends there this past weekend. Just not in the cards or the bank account this year.
Johnny said it was much faster on Sunday and the biggest factor (for him) was the track finally got rubbered in.

Speak of the devil, I just uploaded this catastrophically bad video. Watch at your own risk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufhvY...Xp5sYA&index=1
Old 22 May 2013, 02:47 (Ref:3251475)   #180
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Forgot to add, here's a few laps from the #40 Audi I was driving:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ub-X5w1nxo

-mike
Old 22 May 2013, 04:09 (Ref:3251484)   #181
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post

-mike
Nice video, Mike, thanks.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 22 May 2013, 11:21 (Ref:3251608)   #182
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Johnny said it was much faster on Sunday and the biggest factor (for him) was the track finally got rubbered in.

Speak of the devil, I just uploaded this catastrophically bad video. Watch at your own risk:

That grid of cars just kept going and going up the hill on the start, I thought it wasn't going to end!
Old 23 May 2013, 00:12 (Ref:3251923)   #183
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

-mike
That's a really cool video.
Old 23 May 2013, 02:25 (Ref:3251982)   #184
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Qualifying was Friday afternoon. Saturday's race was run on the tires everyone qualified on. Everyone started on stickers for Sunday's race. Sunday's cooler temps and better track conditions made it quicker than qualifying. I think I qualified w/ a 1:34.5 and did a 1:34.1 on Sunday in the first 5 laps (in traffic).. before my transmission got stuck in 6th gear.

-mike
Quote:

-mike
Thanks for the response, the great incite and for sharing the video; looks like fun!
Old 23 May 2013, 02:28 (Ref:3251983)   #185
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

Good stuff all 'round but your video is awful. Sounds are terrific but everything else is just........

You did get to see these cars in person, something that I won't be able to do this year. The view looking towards T1 is phenomenal. Hope the trip was great!
Old 23 May 2013, 19:23 (Ref:3252290)   #186
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Good stuff all 'round but your video is awful. Sounds are terrific but everything else is just........

You did get to see these cars in person, something that I won't be able to do this year. The view looking towards T1 is phenomenal. Hope the trip was great!
How can someone that is a pretty good amatuer photog be that bad at videography??? I don't know, but I am.
Old 23 May 2013, 19:44 (Ref:3252301)   #187
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a big FIA GT3 guy, I got excited about having the Audis and Mercedes in the series. But after watching a race or so. I can't say I will watch the rest of the series yet this year.

I think having Volvo and Candillac there which are not really GT3 cars along with this so called "GTS" class is an eye sore that gets in the way. I guess I'm still missing a real pure GT3 sereis in the USA still. PWC hopefully will get there eventually. Its a start i guess.
Old 23 May 2013, 21:30 (Ref:3252371)   #188
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
As a big FIA GT3 guy, I got excited about having the Audis and Mercedes in the series. But after watching a race or so. I can't say I will watch the rest of the series yet this year.

I think having Volvo and Candillac there which are not really GT3 cars along with this so called "GTS" class is an eye sore that gets in the way. I guess I'm still missing a real pure GT3 sereis in the USA still. PWC hopefully will get there eventually. Its a start i guess.
Well you will be missing out on some great racing. WC has been around a lot longer than FIA GT3 and has more professional drivers. Frankly, there isn't much difference between the two rules sets and the results this season suggest they have the performance balance just right.

The GTS category is essentially the old TC category, is open to GT4 cars and saw the best racing this past weekend.
Old 24 May 2013, 14:15 (Ref:3252665)   #189
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
there isn't much difference between the two rules sets and the results this season suggest they have the performance balance just right.
It seems so, and it's a great achievement by the championship.
Old 1 Jun 2013, 15:13 (Ref:3256433)   #190
Baigu
Rookie

Canada
Ottawa
Baigu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone else had problems with the live feed?
Old 1 Jun 2013, 20:20 (Ref:3256518)   #191
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baigu View Post
Anyone else had problems with the live feed?
It came through crystal clear for me on my I-Phone here at Silverstone!
Old 1 Jun 2013, 21:14 (Ref:3256529)   #192
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
It came through crystal clear for me on my I-Phone here at Silverstone!
doubling your racing action I like it!
Old 2 Jun 2013, 02:15 (Ref:3256587)   #193
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Awesome for Johnny O to get a win, especially after Long Beach!
Old 3 Jun 2013, 00:09 (Ref:3256892)   #194
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
There were only 9 GT cars at Detroit, do you know why? The GTS had a more usual 24 driver grid.
Old 3 Jun 2013, 06:47 (Ref:3256961)   #195
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
There were only 9 GT cars at Detroit, do you know why?
Wait - I thought WC allowing in GT3 cars was a stroke of genius and there'd be hordes of European cars running in the series this year?!
Old 3 Jun 2013, 14:50 (Ref:3257158)   #196
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
There were at least 16 GT drivers in each of the first three rounds, that's why I asked about the sudden drop.
Old 3 Jun 2013, 22:34 (Ref:3257346)   #197
Cheyne
Racer

United States
Warrenton, VA
Cheyne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There were at least 16 GT drivers in each of the first three rounds, that's why I asked about the sudden drop.
Money...ie they cost to much to run and not everyone is signed up for the whole season. GTS is a pretty good bang for the buck, but GT is pretty awful. I would be willing to bet Dean Martin has under $50k in the car that won GTS on Sunday. He built my Mustang for SCCA Club racing which is pretty similar to his car and that is about what we have in the car. Now how much does a GT3 Audi or Merc cost? I would hate to see what GMG charges for a rent a ride for a Audi in WCGT. Mike might be able to speak to it, but it falls under if you have to ask you can't afford it.

Cheyne
Old 1 Jul 2013, 02:43 (Ref:3272187)   #198
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
A technical look at the Hawk Performance Nissan GT-R that races in the series. Some interesting comments in the comments section.

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...ssan-gt-r.aspx
Old 2 Jul 2013, 16:43 (Ref:3272965)   #199
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
A technical look at the Hawk Performance Nissan GT-R that races in the series. Some interesting comments in the comments section.

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...ssan-gt-r.aspx
Cool link. Very true on those comments...

Did you see the MotoIQ article on the ACS WC Mustang a few years back?

Last edited by WolfsburgRS; 2 Jul 2013 at 16:54.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 22:30 (Ref:3285171)   #200
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Mid-Ohio is next. 13 cars in GT3, 28 in GTS, 12 in TC and 21 in TCB.

GT / GTS races: Saturday 11:40, Sunday 13:35.
TC / TCB races: Saturday 17:20, Saturday 18:00.