Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 13 Apr 2013, 16:39 (Ref:3233516)   #176
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
They will struggle to keep pace in the race due to their fuel consumption.
This is a brand new car. Plus they have a 95 liter tank. I think the consumption will be fine and theyre getting by with favorable bop carried from last season. We will see. And good on Rebellion to split the Audis. Go Toyota power.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 17:15 (Ref:3233532)   #177
codesurge
Rookie

United States
codesurge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
The Lotus logo wasn't on the car at Sebring. That's why I pointed it out.
I noticed the missing Lotus logo at Sebring and asked a team member about it. He said that they'd ended their partnership with Lotus by mutual consent, though Rebellion ultimately decided to retain the black and gold livery.

Bit of a surprise to see the Lotus logo return on their cars for Silverstone, unless it's a one-off deal or some other contractual obligation stemming from the previous sponsorship deal.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 17:25 (Ref:3233537)   #178
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Aston Martin kicked royal butt in qualifying. That's nice to see, because I've always been a fan of AMR. I am a bit surprised to see the Ferraris occupying the last 2 positions, though. I guess the competition is the toughest its ever been.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 17:26 (Ref:3233538)   #179
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Glad to see I'm not the only person to dislike this Q system...

Nice laptimes for Aston, and good to see Porsche in front of Ferrari of course, the pace seems to be there even with the old engine
Old 13 Apr 2013, 17:32 (Ref:3233542)   #180
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I, for one, like the new qualifying system.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 17:37 (Ref:3233544)   #181
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Terrible qualifying system IMO. It should be something rather simple, particularly for those at the track. You shouldn't need to be sitting at the fence with a calculator.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 17:43 (Ref:3233545)   #182
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Utterly ridiculous and completely unnecessary . Why change things when they ain't broke......
Old 13 Apr 2013, 17:45 (Ref:3233546)   #183
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Terrible qualifying system IMO. It should be something rather simple, particularly for those at the track. You shouldn't need to be sitting at the fence with a calculator.
The first proper results given over the PA/Silverstone radio for the GTs qualifying was 30 minutes after it finished. Drivers, teams, commentators, spectators alike didn't know for certain. The software wasn't up to the job. Hopefully lessons will have been learnt.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 17:47 (Ref:3233551)   #184
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did one of the Toyotas block the Audis in the qualy? I´ve seen the Audis behind one Toyota during most of the qualifying.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 19:00 (Ref:3233578)   #185
Ziemas
Rookie

Sweden
Sweden
Ziemas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Assuming the stream quality tomorrow will be the same 720p stream as the ELMS, that's something I'll be really happy about. Last year's stream quality was really embarrassing in an age where people broadcast HD from their homes.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 19:17 (Ref:3233581)   #186
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Utterly ridiculous and completely unnecessary . Why change things when they ain't broke......
Boredom in the FIAsCO board room?

Perhaps it was written on a napkin after a drunk meeting. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall in the room where they came up with this mess.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 19:25 (Ref:3233584)   #187
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So any bets on what hour McNish will slam into a Ferrari GT? I've put mine on the second hour, but I may be too conservative on this pick.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 20:00 (Ref:3233590)   #188
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Boredom in the FIAsCO board room?

Perhaps it was written on a napkin after a drunk meeting. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall in the room where they came up with this mess.
They did it for more action during qualifying. I guess you'd prefer the f1 style of late where they do one lap and sit for 80% of the time.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 20:02 (Ref:3233591)   #189
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't roll out early enough to catch qualys, but looks like I missed quite a bit of excitement. I too question the need for the change in format. When I first read about it, I shook my head to clear the confusion. After reading the posts I guess I wasn't too far off. And to make matters worse, I do not understand the final grid order give the combined times.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 20:07 (Ref:3233595)   #190
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder how long it will be before the Astons are pegged back. P1 & 2 in Pro and Am.

I have also noticed through out yesterday and today watching from Pit Entry that quite a few cars struggled with Vale and Club in the damp/wet.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 20:08 (Ref:3233596)   #191
TF110
Veteran

United States
Because the live timing obviously didn't work, that caused confusion. They do the 2 best laps of the 2 drivers and take that average. That's pretty simple IMO.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 20:11 (Ref:3233597)   #192
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
I wonder how long it will be before the Astons are pegged back. P1 & 2 in Pro and Am.

I have also noticed through out yesterday and today watching from Pit Entry that quite a few cars struggled with Vale and Club in the damp/wet.
They've shown speed like this before and haven't been pegged back.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 20:21 (Ref:3233602)   #193
LOLWUT612
Rookie

LOLWUT612 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/

Rebellion Best Top Speed?
Old 13 Apr 2013, 21:08 (Ref:3233624)   #194
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
And the problem is that this weekend between the rained out practice sessions and the messed up qualifying format, we don't know who's fast and who isn't. Yes, Audi paced most of the practice sessions, but all of those were effected by rain and a wet track surface, and it seems that Toyota won the pole mostly because they gambled at the last minute on putting slicks on the pole winning car.

However, only practice 2 on Friday may've given anything close to a representative time, and I'd even question that.

Qualifying format is pretty screwed up. If the FIA and ACO wanted more on track action for qualifying, why now do as like LM and make it a longer practice-type session? Seems to work great for LM every year.

And of course, this plays havoc for anyone wanting to guess who's really faster in this week's version of the Audi vs Toyota game, because we don't have much data on who's faster where, and if Audi really have remedied their tire wear issues and what Toyota's fuel consumption is like, and how those factors will play in. The teams probably know, but we don't.

At least Sunday will be dry, but we have quite a few unknowns now because of how qualifying and especially the weather has screwed things up.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 22:05 (Ref:3233644)   #195
sukispeed
Rookie

United States
San Antonio, TX
sukispeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
None of the videos on the FIA WEC web site are available in my country, this does look good for the live stream for the race.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 22:20 (Ref:3233649)   #196
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
At least Sunday will be dry, but we have quite a few unknowns now because of how qualifying and especially the weather has screwed things up.
The weather forecast I looked at a couple of hours ago said it meant to rain tomorrow.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 22:21 (Ref:3233651)   #197
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
And the problem is that this weekend between the rained out practice sessions and the messed up qualifying format, we don't know who's fast and who isn't. Yes, Audi paced most of the practice sessions, but all of those were effected by rain and a wet track surface, and it seems that Toyota won the pole mostly because they gambled at the last minute on putting slicks on the pole winning car.

However, only practice 2 on Friday may've given anything close to a representative time, and I'd even question that.

Qualifying format is pretty screwed up. If the FIA and ACO wanted more on track action for qualifying, why now do as like LM and make it a longer practice-type session? Seems to work great for LM every year.

And of course, this plays havoc for anyone wanting to guess who's really faster in this week's version of the Audi vs Toyota game, because we don't have much data on who's faster where, and if Audi really have remedied their tire wear issues and what Toyota's fuel consumption is like, and how those factors will play in. The teams probably know, but we don't.

They were faster than Audi on the intermediates. Toyota only pit the #7 for slick tires, the #8 stayed on inters and took second place.

Last edited by TF110; 13 Apr 2013 at 22:28.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 22:29 (Ref:3233653)   #198
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Do we know what the quickest single lap in qualifying was?
Old 13 Apr 2013, 22:33 (Ref:3233655)   #199
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Do we know what the quickest single lap in qualifying was?
#7 Toyota 1:43.281
Old 13 Apr 2013, 22:38 (Ref:3233658)   #200
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
The weather forecast I looked at a couple of hours ago said it meant to rain tomorrow.
I'm guessing Porsche is wishing they had their cars on Falkens and Wolf Henzler in the driver's seat!