Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 30 May 2014, 08:11 (Ref:3412615)   #176
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Solberg is using a Pipo engine in his car.
His older car, the one Hvaal is driving, uses a Godfrey engine.

Kuypers has no rallycross car ready for the moment, the Focus is sold.
And the new car not ready.
Old 30 May 2014, 08:34 (Ref:3412626)   #177
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mivec View Post
Kuypers has no rallycross car ready for the moment, the Focus is sold.
And the new car not ready.
Is he really building one? Over the winter there were lots of rumours that he and Michaël De Keersmaecker are cooperating to build two new Fiestas. Seen that Kuijpers went from a "nervous" Fiesta Mk7 in 2012 to a "calmer" Focus Mk3 in 2013 and is said to be planning a new Fiesta Mk7 again leaves me somewhat helpless to understand all this to-ings and fro-ings...
Old 30 May 2014, 08:37 (Ref:3412628)   #178
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Block is using an engine based on the WRC cars, he was testing it up in the UK when it was built and it has that flat drumming sound like the old Focus WRC cars did. Or even the modern Fiesta's. The not hasn't changed, only revs higher. All other Fiesta's dont sound like that, they sound very different.

So I think he is using a different type of engine to the Duratecs GSE use.

Their original engines were made by K/Carlssons in Sweden, who did a lot of development work on the head design for the Duratec in rallycross spec. They made a lot of the real high power RS500 Sierra engines too. Skoggy, Aaserud etc.

If you recall, Isachsens Godfrey motors popped a lot too! Were they screwed too tight? Are we seeing a trend with his engines maybe failing a little more than others? His track record is pretty good, but Isachsen was using a lot of turbo's and engines when winning those titles.
Old 30 May 2014, 10:30 (Ref:3412647)   #179
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
That looks like the FMIC? Was that broken the whole race, or is that a result of the contact with Bakkerud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunder
If you recall, Isachsens Godfrey motors popped a lot too! Were they screwed too tight? Are we seeing a trend with his engines maybe failing a little more than others? His track record is pretty good, but Isachsen was using a lot of turbo's and engines when winning those titles.
The reliability of Godfrey engines is a subject that does seem to raise its head from time-to-time. Hunsbedt was very vocal about the issues he had, others have had problems but not shouted about them quite so loud.

Still, a lot of people seem to stick with his engines, so there must be some confidence in him!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunder
I think Block is using an engine based on the WRC cars, he was testing it up in the UK when it was built and it has that flat drumming sound like the old Focus WRC cars did.
I'm sure I recall reading that Pipo produced the engine for the Focus WRC, so its certainly a strong possibility they have used that as a base.

EDIT: Yeah, I have read it before: Its the first thing on the Pipo site!

http://www.pipo-moteurs.com/
Old 31 May 2014, 03:25 (Ref:3413002)   #180
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
oops, double post.
Old 31 May 2014, 03:25 (Ref:3413003)   #181
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
@RX-Guru

Yes, Jos Kuypers is building a Fiesta again.
They have the build on hold for the moment, waiting for the 2015 regs.
Old 31 May 2014, 11:20 (Ref:3413106)   #182
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Finally managed to get some time to look at my pictures last night. Some of my faves so far:

Old 31 May 2014, 15:28 (Ref:3413186)   #183
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Finally managed to get some time to look at my pictures last night. Some of my faves so far:

Surprised Solberg hasn't more sponsors, for example Monster.
Old 31 May 2014, 21:40 (Ref:3413372)   #184
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1975DCS View Post
Couldn't find the Iversen (Hafsengen) RS 200 and Arnersson S1 in the paddock though... Where were they? Also I saw the Jos Kuypers bus leaving the circuit, why was he there with a bus and why didn't he race his Focus? Always strange that there are so little Dutch and Belgian drivers in Lydden. Previous it was Kuypers, without Coox. But Mechelen should be there too, same for Procter by the way! Good that the French participation is growing, but love to see Laboulle too!
The Iversen RS200 wasn't in the main paddock, it was in the field next to the campsite. I could not find the "Ollie" S1 either, but it was loaded into Hedstrom transporter, so guess it was under cover there all weekend. Kupers coach, I guess without car was in the same field as the RS200, along with Proctor, and Marc Laboulle was walking round the pit. Does he have a car at the moment, I thought I read the xsara went to a Belgium Hill Climber, does he still have the C4?
Old 1 Jun 2014, 15:29 (Ref:3413768)   #185
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Surprised Solberg hasn't more sponsors, for example Monster.
I guess Monster have already chosen their team to back? And the rest of the main energy drinks are already backing a team/driver.

Having now seen the Solberg/Hvaal cars in the metal I have to say I definitely preferred the look of the 2013 Solberg DS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H
The Iversen RS200 wasn't in the main paddock, it was in the field next to the campsite. I could not find the "Ollie" S1 either, but it was loaded into Hedstrom transporter, so guess it was under cover there all weekend.
I didn't see the Olle S1 in the paddock Saturday but it was parked between an awning and the scrutineer shed on Sunday morning. I took a shortcut through the scrutineer area and happened to spot it!
Old 1 Jun 2014, 16:19 (Ref:3413792)   #186
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I guess Monster have already chosen their team to back? And the rest of the main energy drinks are already backing a team/driver.

Having now seen the Solberg/Hvaal cars in the metal I have to say I definitely preferred the look of the 2013 Solberg DS3.

I didn't see the Olle S1 in the paddock Saturday but it was parked between an awning and the scrutineer shed on Sunday morning. I took a shortcut through the scrutineer area and happened to spot it!
Doran Motorsport has backing from Monster UK or Monster global?
Old 2 Jun 2014, 08:26 (Ref:3414096)   #187
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I thought the 2013 car looked a mess - the new cars colour scheme looked ok in the bright sunshine but not so good when it was overcast. The Hansen and MSE cars probably have the best schemes (in my opinion).
Old 5 Jun 2014, 11:15 (Ref:3415683)   #188
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I thought the 2013 car looked a mess - the new cars colour scheme looked ok in the bright sunshine but not so good when it was overcast. The Hansen and MSE cars probably have the best schemes (in my opinion).
Ha! I know you aren't a fan of Solberg's 2013 car!

New short film "Wildcards" released on the RallycrossRX You Tube channel:

http://youtu.be/Jr-rNY8ALSE

Predominantly focuses on Tanner Foust and Andrew Jordan at Lydden.