Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 18 Mar 2005, 10:14 (Ref:1255058)   #176
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw a dodge charger going around Stourport on Severn yesterday ........ didnt sound as loud as i throught but it wasnt going at much speed.
Old 18 Mar 2005, 11:16 (Ref:1255101)   #177
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
alfasud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a Lamborghini Murcielago that I regularly see parked in the underground carpark at our office in Auckland. I think there is someone in the building that is a car importer or something like that, as I regularly see the Murcielago there, or parked outside on the street and often other exotic cars like Porsche 996 GT3.

Last edited by alfasud; 18 Mar 2005 at 11:19.
Old 18 Mar 2005, 18:24 (Ref:1255379)   #178
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich R
also saw an enzo in the paddock at the lg super racing weekend 03 at donington. dunno who it belonged to.
What a hideous, awful, horrible car! To think that this is from the same people that built the Daytona and the F40...
Old 18 Mar 2005, 18:31 (Ref:1255383)   #179
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i dont like ferraris at all they just dont appeal to me at all.
Old 19 Mar 2005, 10:08 (Ref:1255864)   #180
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I tend to agree with Mike on the newer (that's the last 20 years...) Ferraris, I thought I was the only person who thinks the F40 is plain ugly and the F50 even worse! The Enzo somehow manages to look better in the flesh than in pictures but they should have stopped with the 250 GTO, that's one perfect looking road car!
Old 19 Mar 2005, 21:53 (Ref:1256310)   #181
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
I dont even like the 250 gto, or Dino or any of the classics.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 00:37 (Ref:1256394)   #182
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh well, there goes that line of conversation....
Old 20 Mar 2005, 01:14 (Ref:1256406)   #183
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
lol sorry mate ferraris dont do it for me
Ive never known what the fuss is about,
But I dont really like any italian cars anyway,
ill leave now
Old 20 Mar 2005, 17:39 (Ref:1257122)   #184
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
at the undertakers next door to me someone has bought themselves a bentley gt. not a hearse version either.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 20:34 (Ref:1257320)   #185
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now the Bentley GT is one serious lard arse looking car. Yuk!
Old 20 Mar 2005, 20:39 (Ref:1257329)   #186
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
I would still have one.

Last edited by Mike_Wooshy; 20 Mar 2005 at 20:39.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 23:17 (Ref:1257532)   #187
DiscoGoober
Racer

DiscoGoober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only car I've seen driving around that can be considered rare is a previous-gen red Viper with a targa roof that was coming out of Burger King. Very sexy.

There's a white Scion xB with wood side-panelling and completely silver wheels that I've seen on a few occasions. It's very interesting to say the least.
Old 1 Apr 2005, 23:15 (Ref:1267547)   #188
d-b
Racer

United Kingdom
at home
d-b should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi there

saw a Pontiac Firebird in white today in Northampton & (fanfare of trumpets in my head) (am i mad ?,hope so) a black FORD CAPRI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry,got excited there for a minute)

i think they're coming to take me away so i'll see you later

d-b
Old 2 Apr 2005, 08:14 (Ref:1267688)   #189
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
hay i was in london thursday and no joke saw someone taking dilevery of an mclearn mercedes SLR ....
Old 2 May 2005, 16:16 (Ref:1291537)   #190
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On route back from Thruxton yesterday I spotted heading Southbound on the M1 a Yellow Porsche Carrara GT, it wasn't hanging about either.
Old 2 May 2005, 16:35 (Ref:1291546)   #191
imull
Veteran

imull has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
many moons ago when i was about 16 i was walking down to the shops fro mmy school past a Glenvarigill garage. One of the salesmen asked me to do them a favour and took me to the Gyle shopping centre in a Countach to buy some coffee etc as they werent allowed to leave the car unattended when on a test drive.

Other than that, seen several ferrari's and other supercars but all look a bit dull to me except for hte XJ220 that overtook us on teh way to Thruxton last year for the Renault festival
Old 5 May 2005, 23:11 (Ref:1294055)   #192
blue nose
Veteran

blue nose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All those expensive cars are great but I still like to see Mk1 RS 2000s & Mexicos but the best I think is a 3.0 manual capri with Jan speed exhausts(just for the sound)2.8s are rubbish.

I have not seen a Harrier for a long time.
Old 6 May 2005, 19:36 (Ref:1294611)   #193
imull
Veteran

imull has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
there are a few harriers ou road rallying in S Wales.

always preferred the mk 1 myslef. though wouldnt complain witha BD powered anything
Old 6 May 2005, 21:11 (Ref:1294653)   #194
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
saw a noble today what a site i drooled
Old 12 May 2005, 09:26 (Ref:1299007)   #195
robfenn
Rookie

robfenn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eurgh, Nobles! Kit cars...

Saw a Zonda in London the other week, then an F40 a bit later! Think there is a dealer on the south circular that sells very expensive cars..

-Rob
Old 12 May 2005, 13:00 (Ref:1299155)   #196
Canonman_Geoff
Rookie

Zimbabwe
Canonman_Geoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zimbabwe is not renowned for exotic cars but I took part in an illegal night race that, amongst the subarus and fords had a Skyline R34 GTR and a dodge Viper. The Viper was impressive away from the lights - lots of tyre smoke, but could not touch the skyline!

Also watched a crazy government official drive a Hummer off a mountain side - he forgot the beast was about twice the size of Toyota Landcruisers that the road was built for - doh! He walked away, but the Hummer is definitly only fit for midgets now - the roof is about level with the dash!
Old 12 May 2005, 16:32 (Ref:1299297)   #197
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by robfenn
Eurgh, Nobles! Kit cars...

Saw a Zonda in London the other week, then an F40 a bit later! Think there is a dealer on the south circular that sells very expensive cars..

-Rob
Umm, they are a bit of a higher quality than a kit car......
Old 12 May 2005, 19:59 (Ref:1299431)   #198
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus
higher quality than a kit car......
I think the likes of Ultima, Westfield, Quantum, Caterham etc might have something to say about that- many kits now are a higher build quality than many production cars, kitcars have moved on since Duttons were thrown together on a shoestring...
Somewhat ironic that Robfenn makes his comment about the Noble and then mentions an F40- not a car known for it's build quality

Saw a very nice blue M12 in Wycombe this morning
Old 15 May 2005, 21:41 (Ref:1301785)   #199
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have been at again spotting fantastic cars, this morning on route to Silverstone I was passed by a Pagani Zonda just as drove under the bridge at Leicester Forest Services. Also spotted at Silverstone its self a Ferrari F50 and a several Aston Martin DB9's.
Old 21 May 2005, 17:42 (Ref:1306217)   #200
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Cycling around Regents Park I often see some nice cars. The other day I was in a traffic queue with a lovely dark blue DB6, a few weeks back a red DB5. I often see newer Astons and Ferraris but more unusual was the yellow Lamborghini Gallardo on Monday.