Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Jul 2004, 11:04 (Ref:1029058)   #176
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah where I was the F1 cars wew coming past at the same speed but with there engines idling... The safety car was gunning it all the way!

Shows you how amzing an F1 car actually is...

Anyone care to guess how many photo's were actually taken at the event... I dont think i saw one person without one!!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 11:26 (Ref:1029082)   #177
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a great event! What a buzz! Ended up seeing nothing of the cars, but hey, I saw them at Silverstone the other week. The atmosphere was like nothing else I've known, and that includes Palace getting promoted up at Cardiff The buzz that everyone got when JB was doing a practice start, with the traction control blaring out, was sensational! EVERYONE was smiling, I've never known anything like it! London GP eh? Well, the fact that 500,000 people turned up shows that it would be just a tad popular...ok, it's free, but what a PR stunt! I think Ken has a bid of bargaining power for a race in the Capital now...
Old 7 Jul 2004, 12:01 (Ref:1029112)   #178
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
From the limited view we had, which wasn't alot, JPM and Martin gave it the most "welly". Great event, but far too many people, proberbly wouldn't go again.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 12:45 (Ref:1029158)   #179
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah I thought Brundle gave it the most.. He was the only one to wheelspin where I could see the cars!!!

Thanks Martin!

Last edited by Cougar21; 7 Jul 2004 at 12:46.

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 14:40 (Ref:1029272)   #180
Gore
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Gore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
the safety car was my highlight. not sure what that means. :confused:
Safety car was the only thing tall enough for me to see from 8 people back! Sounded pretty sweet too, but didn't reverberate off the builidings in the same way as the F1 screams...

Thing that I noticed was the smell--I've never been close enough to smell F1 cars before, was almost good enough to make up for not seeing anything!
Old 7 Jul 2004, 15:27 (Ref:1029325)   #181
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
F1 cars do have a great smell
Old 7 Jul 2004, 15:47 (Ref:1029344)   #182
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I bet Alonso's didn't after that 200mph blowout at Indy...
Old 7 Jul 2004, 22:48 (Ref:1029710)   #183
SDK
Rookie

SDK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The organisation wasn't the greatest, confusion over the track layout and setup, spectators told to come forward, then back, then forward again and small disputes firing off at random points around the area.

I got there at 3pm to get a front row 'seat', so I was standing on the same 20cm 20cm square for 5 hours :cry:

You can see the images I took on my website
Old 8 Jul 2004, 04:51 (Ref:1029839)   #184
mjolnir
Racer

Australia
Sydney
mjolnir should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah, agree that (hopefully 4 next yr neway) there could be more stuff shown, like a time trial for the cars around the circuit (which would be much wider of course), maybe a drag race btn the cars down regent st... definitely have the cars on display for the public...
Old 8 Jul 2004, 20:57 (Ref:1030661)   #185
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is THE MAN!
http://www.f1racing.net/en/photo.php/large/31188.jpg
Old 8 Jul 2004, 21:05 (Ref:1030672)   #186
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good pic and as to your post. Yessss!

That bloke has taken this fan from the depths of despair to the heights of ecstacy, passing serious aggravation on the way!
Old 8 Jul 2004, 21:13 (Ref:1030679)   #187
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've got extra respect for Mansell since he shaved off his moustache.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 11:16 (Ref:1033993)   #188
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was too crowded, at least managed to get some good shots at Silverstone but no chance in Regent Street.This one was as good as it gets, holding the camera up at arms length!
Attached Thumbnails
04-07-06-regent-ferrari.jpg  
Old 12 Jul 2004, 11:21 (Ref:1034000)   #189
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
(nice to see you at the weekend Andrew)
Old 12 Jul 2004, 11:23 (Ref:1034002)   #190
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
I've got extra respect for Mansell since he shaved off his moustache.
Mansell moustache was integral to his persona at the time...definitely harking back to a bygone age
Old 12 Jul 2004, 11:23 (Ref:1034003)   #191
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any vantage point will do, even perched on a cash point machine!
Attached Thumbnails
04-07-06-regent-atm.jpg  
Old 12 Jul 2004, 11:30 (Ref:1034013)   #192
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Hehe some really crazy people..
Ill see what crowd pictures I have...

For a London GP they'd really have to sort out the grand stands!!

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 11:35 (Ref:1034020)   #193
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
There won't be a London GP, too many logistical problems.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 11:40 (Ref:1034027)   #194
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
For one there isn’t enough ATM's, bus shelters and other obstacles to view from!

But yeah I agree... Will cause far too much disruption!

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 11:49 (Ref:1034043)   #195
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Good to see you too Friday Stephen.
Any good rugby tackles down the pit lane?
Old 12 Jul 2004, 12:11 (Ref:1034066)   #196
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
hahaha not this time. Plenty of 'nice' things to view though especially during the pit walkabouts
Old 12 Jul 2004, 12:15 (Ref:1034073)   #197
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Yes - I noticed you 'observing'!
More 'scenic' than the hangar straight then?
Old 12 Jul 2004, 12:25 (Ref:1034088)   #198
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Just a tad Andrew
Old 12 Jul 2004, 15:28 (Ref:1034314)   #199
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
There won't be a London GP, too many logistical problems.
That's a rather defeatist attitude Stephen. I would agree the West End is unlikely,but London is a big place,Birmingham had a go and only really failed because no one knew what F3000 was.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 20:23 (Ref:1034630)   #200
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Rob, I'm not trying to be defeatest, merely practical. I honestly don't see there ever being a GP staged on the streets of London, just think of the logistical nightmare and those who would stop it from lack of trade, lack of safety, lack of access. The list is endless. Let's leave the GP at Silverstone where there are proper facilities and good access.