Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 May 2005, 03:09 (Ref:1305046)   #176
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Press Release from Organisers about the weekend

http://www.porschedriverschallenge.c...ase_R12005.pdf
Old 20 May 2005, 04:44 (Ref:1305061)   #177
White Knight

As of practice three from Phillip Island, 13 cars makes not for an impressive grid. Lets hope there are a lot of weekend warriors.

Old 20 May 2005, 11:12 (Ref:1305277)   #178
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This usually happens, Because usually they are businessesmen who can't get to the track till saturday, so i believe that tommorrows practice/qualifying will show the grids for the weekend
Old 21 May 2005, 03:47 (Ref:1305837)   #179
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight
As of practice three from Phillip Island, 13 cars makes not for an impressive grid. Lets hope there are a lot of weekend warriors.
Aren't all AMRS events 2 day programs, ie to save costs. Friday is there for teams who wish to do some extra practice, not part of the actual event so to speak.
Old 21 May 2005, 07:03 (Ref:1305871)   #180
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The first race has run and 17 cars isn't bad i thought for the first round. the 360GT showed up, 2 TLR Diablos, a couple of GT3s
By the results it looked like a good first race but qualifying Peter Hackett was almost 3 seconds faster than Rusty French in the other Diablo

Here is the results
http://www.racetime.com.au/?event=p0...01&view=result
Old 21 May 2005, 07:57 (Ref:1305889)   #181
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So what's going on with Mr Stokell?

He was replaced in the East Coast Targa by a sales person, and at this event, seems to have had his Diablo taken over by either Mr Hackett or Mr French.... both coming soon after the bingle at Targa Tassie...

Is all unwell in the house of TLA, or are these drivers more able to contribute to the budget?
Old 21 May 2005, 12:18 (Ref:1305977)   #182
D.R.T.
Veteran

Correct me if wrong, but I dont think Stokell was ever going to run the the Aus GT championship, atleast not for now.

Tim Slade who competed in a few F3 races, going from the announcement from TLA earlier this year is expected to step into a Lambo seat by the end of the year.
Old 22 May 2005, 09:03 (Ref:1306595)   #183
D.R.T.
Veteran

News from the weekend was that Aus GT and Porsche Drivers Challenge have signed a Naming Rights sponsor for the championship aswell as an associate sponsor. Good to see some positive movements happening. Cant access the press release at the moment to remember the companies. Great to see their support

Following the trend in Aus motorsport they have signed Dunlop as control tyre for 2005.

On to the results from the weekend
Race 2
1 Peter Hackett Lamborghini Diablo G
2 Bryce Washington Porsche Cup Car
3 Mark Eddy Porsche 911 GT3R
4 John Teulan Ferrari 360 Challeng
5 John Kaias Porsche 911 GT-3
6 Simon Middleton Porsche 911 GT3
7 Claude Giorgi Porsche 911 GT3
8 Dean Savage Ferrari 360 Challenge
9 Greg Ward Porsche GT3 Cup Car
10 Paul Stuart Porsche 993 RSR
11 Don Tryhorn Porsche 964 RS
12 Garth Rainsbury Porsche 911
13 Anthony R Moodie Porsche 911 Carrera
DNF Ian Palmer Honda NSX
DNF Ted Huglin Ferrari 360 GT
DNF Rusty French
DNF Geoff Munday Ford Mustang

Race 3

1 Peter Hackett Lamborghini Diablo G
2 Rusty French Lamborghini Diablo G
3 Bryce Washington Porsche Cup Car
4 Mark Eddy Porsche 911 GT3R
5 John Teulan Ferrari 360 Challeng
6 John Kaias Porsche 911 GT-3 3600
7 Simon Middleton Porsche 911 GT3
8 Dean Savage Ferrari 360 Challenge
9 Claude Giorgi Porsche 911 GT3 3600
10 Paul Stuart Porsche 993 RSR
11 Ted Huglin Ferrari 360 GT
12 Greg Ward Porsche GT3 Cup Car
13 Don Tryhorn Porsche 964 RS
14 Garth Rainsbury Porsche 911
15 Anthony R Moodie Porsche 911 Carrera
Old 22 May 2005, 12:30 (Ref:1306770)   #184
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I took a ride down on Saturday, all I will say is I wish I hadn't wasted my time.
Looking forward to the June round of the VSCRC at least there will be a decent number of entry's.
Old 23 May 2005, 01:45 (Ref:1307661)   #185
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Is all unwell in the house of TLA, or are these drivers more able to contribute to the budget?
Is it ever well?!? Except last weekend when Smiffy stayed away ofr most of it.

As far as I can tell, Mr French has bought one or possibly both of the Diablo's. Mr Hackett was only there this weekend to show what they are capable of and possibly won't be back.

All bets are off regarding Mr. Slade.

No sign of Mr. Stokell.
Old 23 May 2005, 08:17 (Ref:1307769)   #186
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Poor old Smiffy... I thought the pa announcement about smiffy staying back in Melbourne "Not being a bad thing" was a bit harsh... some things can stay un said, just thought!!

The GT series grid was ok, but not great, and once again parity and lap times were a problem.

All the entrants were promised that the 1.37 bench mark would be right.. yet Hackett did a 1.34.8 on his first flying lap in qual, and then compounded the insult with taking more tyres than his allocation for the race.

The biggest problem was the garaging. Call me what you like, but parking $500,000 cars across gravel tracks with hot slicks, in open fronted tin sheds with no lights, no security and useless pa speakers is just a joke.. And the PIARC officials were aggressive and abusive about changing wheels (to avoid the huge sharp rocks damaging the tyres and brake lines/calipers) clear of traffic, on the smooth surface exit road.

Not impressed so far. But blame is shared around. Still prioritising Vic state at this stage.
Old 23 May 2005, 11:03 (Ref:1307899)   #187
HarvestMotorspt
Rookie

HarvestMotorspt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im with you on this FF. To have cars of this value just sitting out in the open is ridiculus. The biggest parity adjustment the lambos have had recently is Mr French driving... FF, will Allan be behaind the wheel of that awsome looking 360GT sometime soon? that car is just gold....
Old 23 May 2005, 11:50 (Ref:1307942)   #188
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe.......

Hint... 3 hr enduro at E Creek....... 3 drivers
Old 24 May 2005, 12:12 (Ref:1308902)   #189
D.R.T.
Veteran

http://www.porschedriverschallenge.c...bum18/08FT2247

Wonderful to see this car gracing Australian tracks again.

Heres to many more
Old 24 May 2005, 13:33 (Ref:1308977)   #190
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
http://www.porschedriverschallenge.c...bum18/08FT2247

Wonderful to see this car gracing Australian tracks again.

Heres to many more
A very nice car... I presume this is one of the ACEMCO USA 360GTs?

Do they make good Dunlops to suit? This chassis was set for Yokohamas in the USA...
Old 24 May 2005, 13:58 (Ref:1308999)   #191
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Something to build along with at least. Hopefully abit of momentum will be gained now that something is up an running.

What has happened to Rusty's brace of Vipers....the Porsche's...the NASCAR's......
Old 24 May 2005, 21:51 (Ref:1309424)   #192
White Knight

Quote:
What has happened to Rusty's brace of Vipers....the Porsche's...the NASCAR's......
The Viper was parked in the Phillip Island pits with a For Sale notice on it.

Old 25 May 2005, 00:15 (Ref:1309490)   #193
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe Rusty will be racing one of the old Porsches at the upcoming HRCC QR meet..
Old 25 May 2005, 00:16 (Ref:1309491)   #194
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
The 360GT should be able to be tweaked for any tyre you throw at it.

Dunlop do make a tyre for it but didn't have any stock from what I was told.
Old 25 May 2005, 02:27 (Ref:1309514)   #195
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test
I believe Rusty will be racing one of the old Porsches at the upcoming HRCC QR meet..
Had 3 at the PI historics
Old 25 May 2005, 09:54 (Ref:1309664)   #196
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky
The 360GT should be able to be tweaked for any tyre you throw at it.

Dunlop do make a tyre for it but didn't have any stock from what I was told.
I am sure it can.. with the right spannerman in charge
Old 27 May 2005, 04:36 (Ref:1311257)   #197
D.R.T.
Veteran

Apologies to the companies involved in the championship, but I have now been able to access the press release on the 2005 Championship sponsrors.

SPEED Energy Drinks and Aqua 1 Water - Naming Rights Sponsor
duttondirect.com - Associate Sponsor
Porsche Cars Australia
Dunlop Tyres - Official Tyre Supplier

Congratulations to these companies for supporting GT racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience
The GT series grid was ok, but not great, and once again parity and lap times were a problem.

All the entrants were promised that the 1.37 bench mark would be right.. yet Hackett did a 1.34.8 on his first flying lap in qual, and then compounded the insult with taking more tyres than his allocation for the race.
Why wasn't he disqualified, if he broke this rule ?
Old 27 May 2005, 22:49 (Ref:1312054)   #198
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
No, but the car was meant to be "paritised" with weight/ballast.
Old 28 May 2005, 00:43 (Ref:1312092)   #199
D.R.T.
Veteran

Sorry, if he broke the tyre allocation rule, thats a pretty cut and dry rule breaking, Why wasn't he DQ ?

I would imagine the parity would be a little uneven in the first event, as they were running a little blind of each cars performance. Ie There hadn't been a test prior with each car and driver to see there actual (not percieved) performance
Old 28 May 2005, 09:29 (Ref:1312277)   #200
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The TLA Diablos are 1997 models arent they, and have been racing here for a number of seasons. If the performance couldnt be worked out from that then the handicapper/parity controller needs a new compass....