Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 22 May 2006, 12:06 (Ref:1616224)   #176
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have you not got some of that anti mist spray Bob? (Sound patrionising here, apologies, but checking the obvious )
Old 22 May 2006, 12:07 (Ref:1616225)   #177
skmanuk
Racer

England
skmanuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw on ITV F1 the other week them showing "double glazed" visors for arai helmets to solve the misting up problem.
Old 22 May 2006, 12:14 (Ref:1616232)   #178
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pearson
What a crap weekend, I never want to hear about a water shortage again!!
Sorry to hear that but what happened over the weekend (apart from the weather!)? What's the story of the races?

Have not seen any results and there is nothing on MST and the Renault Sport web site has not been updated yet either.

Who starred and who didn't?
Old 22 May 2006, 12:23 (Ref:1616243)   #179
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah yes, seemed like an advert for Arai helmets to me....

How expensive are those visors though?! There are sprays which may be a (cheaper) alternative first...
Old 22 May 2006, 13:04 (Ref:1616273)   #180
boycie
Racer

boycie has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97
Sorry to hear that but what happened over the weekend (apart from the weather!)? What's the story of the races?

Have not seen any results and there is nothing on MST and the Renault Sport web site has not been updated yet either.

Who starred and who didn't?
mst didn't cover this one, don't know why the renault site isn't updated. seems like a poor show to me
Old 22 May 2006, 13:54 (Ref:1616319)   #181
JHMotorsport
Rookie

JHMotorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pearson
General opinion in our camp was that it made him something other than a star, the details of which I wont go into. Mind you, I don't know how he kept it on the road, after a couple of laps had passed and I hadn't seen him in a field somewhere I assumed he had stopped as I thought it would be impossible for him to still be going.
Just for the record, pulling away in 2nd gear was no problem at all. Got to do something about steaming visors, it's beginning to annoy me.
Bob - I struggled with the same problem... I'd say to try a 'fog city' if you haven't already... think mine needs replacing as I found out the hard way.

Driver of the day has to be a toss up between Andy and Ian.... how he kept on going on slicks is beyond belief!
Old 23 May 2006, 07:26 (Ref:1616838)   #182
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes. it was a fog city insert. Someone told me that you should change then once a year and I took no notice. Seems he was right. On the Saturday it steamed up between the two layers, there was nothing I could do about that at all, hence the stoppage. On Sunday I had put some of your rainex on top of gloop and some soap, didn't work either, but I could get by holding it open with one hand. Never mind, I think team Pearson simply dropped the ball and couldn't find it again.
Old 23 May 2006, 07:48 (Ref:1616856)   #183
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Discussions about foggy visors are all very interesting but I still have not seen any results, or narratives, for each of the classes in the two races yet.

Who won and how??? Do I assume that Ian Pearson won despite being on slicks?
Old 23 May 2006, 08:06 (Ref:1616874)   #184
ianpearson
Racer

ianpearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97
Discussions about foggy visors are all very interesting but I still have not seen any results, or narratives, for each of the classes in the two races yet.

Who won and how??? Do I assume that Ian Pearson won despite being on slicks?
most definately not, head still firmly planted in hands & still be forced to sleep on the sofa

results can be found on http://www.smart-timing.co.uk/ not sure why MST were not doing it.

Thanks for some of the good comments, as about dropping the ball, i think i kicked it out the car park. can't remember the last time so many things went wrong plus the huge errors laying at my feet.

congratulations to Mr webb he did a good job all weekend
Old 23 May 2006, 08:57 (Ref:1616920)   #185
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Thanks for the link.
Old 23 May 2006, 11:57 (Ref:1617069)   #186
Andy1
Rookie

Andy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianpearson
most definately not, head still firmly planted in hands & still be forced to sleep on the sofa

results can be found on http://www.smart-timing.co.uk/ not sure why MST were not doing it.

Thanks for some of the good comments, as about dropping the ball, i think i kicked it out the car park. can't remember the last time so many things went wrong plus the huge errors laying at my feet.

congratulations to Mr webb he did a good job all weekend

Found and picked up the ball on your way out though I hope!

Not sure would have said you were a star for using the slicks, just daft/stupid. Fair play to you for keeping it on the road though.
Old 23 May 2006, 12:27 (Ref:1617095)   #187
widerviewphoto
Rookie

United Kingdom
Easthampstead, Berkshire
widerviewphoto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a wet weekend. I spend Staurday with you guys and then over to Donington Park for Brit F3/GT and it pours again. Does anyone remember what a dry and sunny weekend is !!

I am now working on your photos from Saturday and will get some uploaded by this evening.

This is a link to the story on the RenaultSport website:

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/champi...ArticleID=1378

Cheers
Old 24 May 2006, 16:05 (Ref:1617997)   #188
boycie
Racer

report was late from renault, was anyone actually there
Old 24 May 2006, 16:16 (Ref:1618012)   #189
widerviewphoto
Rookie

United Kingdom
Easthampstead, Berkshire
widerviewphoto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycie
report was late from renault, was anyone actually there
I saw Pauline (championship CO-Ordinator) on the Saturday and I assume she was their on the Sunday. The PR Guy Simon Murphy certainly wasn't up on Saturday.
Old 24 May 2006, 18:39 (Ref:1618129)   #190
boycie
Racer

so much for full Renault involvement then. when's the next round?
Old 24 May 2006, 18:46 (Ref:1618133)   #191
andoiwebb
Rookie

andoiwebb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't knock Renault involvement, so far i think it's been exellent!! Next round Snetterton 25th June, double header in 1 day. Think qualifying is the same day too.
Old 25 May 2006, 07:54 (Ref:1618433)   #192
Bob Pearson
Veteran

You're right Andy, support was excellent as usual. Renault technical team was in evidence all weekend, UK Renault/BTCC C of C in charge of affairs. As far as I recall the wet and bedraggled looking Pauline was about all weekend. Dunno about the PR man, not my sort of thing really, although there was a PR type woman speaking to Ian on Sunday, maybe she stood in.
I can't think of any manufatcurer putting more effort into club racing than Renault is at this point in time.
Old 25 May 2006, 08:20 (Ref:1618443)   #193
skmanuk
Racer

England
Might also be worth pointing out that on Sunday when the rain came down as the cars took up position on the grid and tyres had to be changed, both Pauline of Renault and the C of C, Ray Sumner, were carrying slicks from the grid to the pitlane.

Not sure I've seen this level of commitment before!
Old 25 May 2006, 09:01 (Ref:1618469)   #194
ianpearson
Racer

ianpearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skmanuk
Might also be worth pointing out that on Sunday when the rain came down as the cars took up position on the grid and tyres had to be changed, both Pauline of Renault and the C of C, Ray Sumner, were carrying slicks from the grid to the pitlane.

Not sure I've seen this level of commitment before!
Thats nice, they could of bought me mine!!! or told me i would have to sit there for twenty mins steadily getting wetter, making my initial tyre choice seem some what insane. my fault at the end of the day, should of just got out of car & started changing when i realised i was in the cack & delayed the start even further

never mind, i'm wiser for it, can't wait for snet now
Old 25 May 2006, 09:06 (Ref:1618471)   #195
skmanuk
Racer

England
I think it must be the free sausage rolls that paulines always cadging
Old 25 May 2006, 11:32 (Ref:1618571)   #196
Andy1
Rookie

Andy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianpearson
Thats nice, they could of bought me mine!!! or told me i would have to sit there for twenty mins steadily getting wetter, making my initial tyre choice seem some what insane. my fault at the end of the day, should of just got out of car & started changing when i realised i was in the cack & delayed the start even further

never mind, i'm wiser for it, can't wait for snet now
I believe people did offer to get your wets for you!
Old 25 May 2006, 11:51 (Ref:1618586)   #197
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Andy, the carrying of wets is immaterial, the delay, I think was my fault as the start seemed to be held until I had completed my change which took place in the paddock, hence Ian;s reference to 20 min delay. He had no idea that the delay would be that long, in fact he was told on a number of occasions by grid marshals that the start was only a couple of minutes away. His reference to "could have brought me mine" was a joke. You know the sort of thing, you're meant to smile and laugh.
Old 25 May 2006, 18:31 (Ref:1618853)   #198
boycie
Racer

interesting you lot seem happy, I know a few who don't seem to be. allowing the 2000 cars in was a good move though
Old 26 May 2006, 06:13 (Ref:1619205)   #199
skmanuk
Racer

England
Looks like he's back again!
Old 26 May 2006, 07:22 (Ref:1619238)   #200
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Take your wooden spoon somewhere else boycie. With big grids, good prize money, great cameradie and good support from Renault we are impervious to the likes of you!!