Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 14 Oct 2007, 19:56 (Ref:2040192)   #176
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Hmm, there seems to be some serious ish going on around the back of the 2 in "42" on the Mexico car. Looks like white out or something.

Compare to:
Old 14 Oct 2007, 20:00 (Ref:2040197)   #177
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is race-worn. It is probably part of Pruett's paintwork.
Old 14 Oct 2007, 20:16 (Ref:2040215)   #178
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
It is race-worn. It is probably part of Pruett's paintwork.
Ah, true. The '08 cars look really good. The side of the Havoline car, has flames. Thats' why the red lines have disappeared.
Old 14 Oct 2007, 20:17 (Ref:2040218)   #179
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I hate 'race worn' cars...
Old 14 Oct 2007, 20:18 (Ref:2040221)   #180
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well spotted Matt.

I don't much care for race worn cars, but apparently these ones are very good.
Old 14 Oct 2007, 20:24 (Ref:2040234)   #181
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
I personally like the race worn cars. Don't know why. I know the Daytona Prototype diecast "Race Worn" cars looked bloody brilliant.
Old 14 Oct 2007, 20:41 (Ref:2040252)   #182
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
My problem with race worn cars is that, unless the car/livery was a one-off such as the Daytona 500 or Le Mans, they are not representative. The conditon a car crosses the line from one race will be totally different to another. I prefer 'pre-race' condition.
Old 14 Oct 2007, 20:47 (Ref:2040261)   #183
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
My problem with race worn cars is that, unless the car/livery was a one-off such as the Daytona 500 or Le Mans, they are not representative. The conditon a car crosses the line from one race will be totally different to another. I prefer 'pre-race' condition.
So, the Mexico car, is a good one, right?
Old 15 Oct 2007, 17:33 (Ref:2040922)   #184
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
J-C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see the Mexico Busch car has been released, thanks for the heads up! The 1:24 COT must be imminent too as the detailed (Drivers Select) 1:64 versions have now been released.

2008 liveries look good, though the Texaco one looks like it'll look better in the metal as the subtle flames will stand out better.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 18:11 (Ref:2040957)   #185
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yep, the Mexico livery was a one-off, so you can chill now Craig.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 18:17 (Ref:2040963)   #186
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I'd still sooner have the standard version. Call me Mr Contradictary...
Old 15 Oct 2007, 18:33 (Ref:2040975)   #187
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I would too, but to hell with it, this looks awesome. Love the cut-and-shut Telcel livery and it is a historic car.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 18:43 (Ref:2040984)   #188
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Perhaps we should move this thread to the historic forum then... see what they make of it there

(of course, I'll end up buying it...)
Old 15 Oct 2007, 19:47 (Ref:2041036)   #189
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
At least with this particular car there is meaning to the term "race aged" - shame though it doesn't seem to have the big dent on the front left wing where he hit Pruett! Just checked and it seems the mark around the 2 of 42 that Matt noticed was actually there in reality - though before the Pruett contact - so it's nice that they've done the job as accurately as possible
Old 17 Oct 2007, 20:27 (Ref:2043044)   #190
fish88
Racer

Netherlands
fish88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The bush car looks awesome needs to get in my collection ASAP , nice to see a tread/forum with some big montoya fans.

Here is my Montoya collection at the moment

Old 17 Oct 2007, 20:29 (Ref:2043050)   #191
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I had to dip out of the bidding on a 99 Champcar yesterday... I've just spent far too much lately! Other than that I've been on a bit of a buying spree and seem to have boxes arriving daily lol
Old 17 Oct 2007, 20:32 (Ref:2043053)   #192
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
A very warm welcome, fish88! A great little collection you have there - well done - is that the Ikea display cabinet that Knowlesy was perving over earlier today?

What is the silver #42?
Old 17 Oct 2007, 20:41 (Ref:2043068)   #193
fish88
Racer

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
A very warm welcome, fish88! A great little collection you have there - well done - is that the Ikea display cabinet that Knowlesy was perving over earlier today?

What is the silver #42?
Thank you. Well the silver car is actually a white gold elite car, i first didnt wanted to buy the car because it doesnt really excist but the car was too tempted... You can find them still on ebay.com.
Old 17 Oct 2007, 20:54 (Ref:2043078)   #194
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
It does look really cool, doesn't it? I think I'll resist for now - the collection's gotta have some limits, hasn't it? I'd never stop otherwise!
Old 17 Oct 2007, 21:38 (Ref:2043128)   #195
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Not a fan of the gold plated cars myself.

Great stuff fish88... I notice you have a couple of Walrus Williams' and an oval spec Champcar in there...are they conversions? I'm thinking of making a few of my own conversions, I quite fancy Getting a 2000 Williams and converting that to the car Montoya tested in when he first returned to F1. Easy conversion.

You seem to have similar thoughts to me, I've got plans to make an incredible display decked out in all sorts of memorabilia, images etc...just to give the collection more of an impact. I love what you've done, it is fantastic.

(The figurine is a bit scary though)
Old 18 Oct 2007, 08:29 (Ref:2043342)   #196
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yes that is an awesome image of your collection and display fish88, i'm really quite envious of that!

You must have everything he's driven that's been modelled!!!

All you need now is for some firm or other to release Barber Saab, Vauxhall Lotus, F3 and F3000 diecasts!!!
Old 18 Oct 2007, 12:30 (Ref:2043529)   #197
fish88
Racer

Netherlands
Thx for the reactions. The FW26 is actually a minichamps and Hotwheels, I bought the HW first but later on i bought the minichamps because it looked better. Maybe i will sell the HW because of the space in the display. And the oval version of the Ganassi car is an original car made by ERTL, the car is not as good in quality (and not as accurate) as Action Performance but i had to have it. It is rarer than the Action Performance car.

Still doesnt got anything, i want a model of his first test in formula 1 with williams in 1997 and also the 2000 testcar but i aint that good in making decals... I got his 1998 Williams testcar i have bought once one ebay.

Last edited by fish88; 18 Oct 2007 at 12:33.
Old 18 Oct 2007, 12:33 (Ref:2043532)   #198
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
Lovely stuff fish88 - nice to have another member of Club JPM! I see you're using the Ikea Detolf cabinet as well - out of interest how are you displaying the middle car on each shelf (the Winfield Williams testcar for instance)? Great collection, thanks for sharing the pictures.
Old 18 Oct 2007, 17:14 (Ref:2043791)   #199
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

They are clearly floating J-C, duh!

Seriously, I'd like to know how that is done too.

I've seen that ERTL model on eBay actually, now I think about it. It looks better than I initially thought. Wish I'd bought one now!
Old 19 Oct 2007, 15:09 (Ref:2044611)   #200
fish88
Racer

Netherlands
I use these plastic standards.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...g?t=1192806547

Tags
jpm