Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 8 Sep 2006, 12:15 (Ref:1705088)   #176
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
here is a pic of the same car with Brocky driving just last weekend at goodwood , thanks to Henk4 for the picture I hope he doesnt mind me reproducing it in this forum.

Brocky the way he loved driving

Old 8 Sep 2006, 12:19 (Ref:1705093)   #177
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't think that was him in the first pic though, unless he has 2 race suits.
Old 8 Sep 2006, 12:21 (Ref:1705095)   #178
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny yuma
If it was to be one car only that would be the one.
If we could have two, might LP follow in the VK? The Last of the Big Bangers seems apt somehow...
Old 8 Sep 2006, 12:21 (Ref:1705096)   #179
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It wasnt, just a nice shot of his last race car

I was listening to the podcast of V8Insider over at V8X a little while ago... and the ad that is on rotation is "Peter Brock here.. for Armor All wipes...."

Old 8 Sep 2006, 12:24 (Ref:1705099)   #180
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to forget this day.

RIP Brockie
Old 8 Sep 2006, 12:26 (Ref:1705101)   #181
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
its definately him in the 2nd pic
Old 8 Sep 2006, 12:29 (Ref:1705103)   #182
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
its definately him in the 2nd pic
...haing one of those red-hot goes that we all loved...
Old 8 Sep 2006, 12:35 (Ref:1705107)   #183
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
getting the old girl a bit sideways gotta love the man and the way he raced and how he would always give it 110% no matter how bad of a race he was having.

any news on brocky's co-driver hope he is coping alright.
Old 8 Sep 2006, 12:36 (Ref:1705109)   #184
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be a very bad week in history now, 1st Steve Irwin, 2nd Peter Brock, 3rd 9/11
Old 8 Sep 2006, 12:39 (Ref:1705111)   #185
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Awful news. When we first started getting Bathurst on tv over here, Brocky was introduced as one of the legends. There's a fair chance that he was the first driver I'd heard of from over there.

My thoughts are for his family and friends and all those involved with the accident. A terrible thing to happen.

RIP
Old 8 Sep 2006, 12:57 (Ref:1705125)   #186
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well people.....I made comment #8 or so regarding this and have come back to read the rest after a LONG afternoon. SHattered and still fried even thinking about it..... Im 38 years old....he WAS and always will be my childhood hero and legend in my book. I guess Im lucky enough to have shook the guys hand and said hello.....A living memory for me along with autographs.

I shed tears........I still want too.........It s*cks !
Old 8 Sep 2006, 12:57 (Ref:1705126)   #187
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I still can't believe it. I just can't comprihend it.

When I heard the news about Steve Irwin, I was like "Whoa... That's really sucks." And for the past four days I've been waking up and hoping that he wasn't actually dead, and I hardly knew him. But today when I arrived home and heard the tragic news I nearly burst into tears there and then. All afternoon, and all night, I've been hoping, and praying, that Brocky is somehow still alive. I just can't believe it. He was such a good bloke, I'm fighting back tears just talking about him now.

Brocky was Australia's biggest motorsport legend. He literally never stopped signing autographs, and stayed until after dark talking to fans. He was a true legend in every sense of the word.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 8 Sep 2006, 13:04 (Ref:1705134)   #188
johnny yuma
Veteran

johnny yuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri
I didn't think that was him in the first pic though, unless he has 2 race suits.
Brock raced on the Saturday,got 4th on a wet track.Derek Bell won in a Mk 1 Jag.The nominated 'owner' raced on Sunday .

Other cars'photos reveal Brock's tyre and wheel choice were conservative
[legal 1!] Perhaps his"Spirit of Goodwood" trophy reflects that.
Old 8 Sep 2006, 13:26 (Ref:1705156)   #189
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
I have never been a holden or Brock fan ever, for the last 25 years I have been associated with Ford.

For the last 35 minutes I have been watching a tribute to Brock on Sky News Active and I cannot believe the things this man knows and has done in his life.

Say what you will about that, but this guy had the ability to bring you into his way of seeing things from a farm boy at age 7 to his current views on how race cars are today, even as a female it intrigues me how easily he explains how he understood cars and how they worked and behaved, whether it be a truck or tractor on a farm, a road car, or a top level race car.

It would be great for all to hear this interview because it has certainly opened my eyes up to what made this talented man tick.

He was a natural, his whole way of thinking about life seemed so simple and yet he manages to educate the most uneducated person about the simple facts about life, cars and racing.

I never really bothered to look at the man as anything other than that guy who raced holdens, but now I see he was alot more than that.

Last edited by Kerri; 8 Sep 2006 at 13:28.
Old 8 Sep 2006, 14:03 (Ref:1705182)   #190
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
I still can't believe it. I just can't comprihend it.

When I heard the news about Steve Irwin, I was like "Whoa... That's really sucks." And for the past four days I've been waking up and hoping that he wasn't actually dead, and I hardly knew him. But today when I arrived home and heard the tragic news I nearly burst into tears there and then. All afternoon, and all night, I've been hoping, and praying, that Brocky is somehow still alive. I just can't believe it. He was such a good bloke, I'm fighting back tears just talking about him now.

Brocky was Australia's biggest motorsport legend. He literally never stopped signing autographs, and stayed until after dark talking to fans. He was a true legend in every sense of the word.
I know the feeling - I felt like and wanted to cry but I was so in shock the tearswouldnt come!!!!

Im still cant believe it to this moment - it must be hard for everyone that was involved in the event as it is the ultimate reminder

RIP Peter

Last edited by ozrevhead; 8 Sep 2006 at 14:05.
Old 8 Sep 2006, 14:09 (Ref:1705188)   #191
Wrighty05
Veteran

Australia
Wrighty05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am absolutely devastated.

He was my idol. I love motorsport because of him. I'm fighting back the tears but they flew out when I saw footage of him leaving pitlane in the windscreenless VK and hanging it sideways in the VL on slicks.

He is motorsport in this country

RIP Brocky, you'll be sadly missed.
"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

RIP Peter Brock. 1945-2006
Old 8 Sep 2006, 14:10 (Ref:1705189)   #192
SkaifeysGal
Racer

Australia
Medowie
SkaifeysGal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am still in shock thinking this can't be real, i must be dreaming, i just can't get my head around it, he has been my hero and my dad's hero for quite some time, and i am so upset and devasated at this news, i'm trying to hold back tears just reading all these lovely heartfelt messages u have all written, and thinking back on what a fantastic driver he was and what a genunie caring bloke he was, i met him at eastern creek a couple of years ago, and he was so nice to me, and i watched the interview with his ex wife Bev, and when she said he wrote all his autographs with live your dreams, i chocked up because he wrote that on my autograph too, it is just to much to comprehend that two Aussie legends died in the space of 4 days

my deepest sympathies to his partner, and children and his family and close friends

Cam, Your a Legend mate!!!
Old 8 Sep 2006, 14:10 (Ref:1705190)   #193
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
dreadful news, RIP to the King of the Mountain.
Old 8 Sep 2006, 14:12 (Ref:1705192)   #194
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's so hard not to notice him. Even on this forum, the aomount of people with an 05 or a Brock in their names is just amazing... He had an impact wherever he was, he was just a truly fantastic man.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 8 Sep 2006, 14:13 (Ref:1705193)   #195
pink_bits
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
pink_bits should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am very much in shock, Always been a ford fan, but did have a soft spot for the great man, when it comes down to it red or blue racing is racing and Brocky is a legend!
Old 8 Sep 2006, 14:37 (Ref:1705213)   #196
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im a Ford man but Peter Brock is a special human being.

God Bless Peter , may you rest in peace
Old 8 Sep 2006, 14:40 (Ref:1705218)   #197
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I was never a Brock Fan but I have to say its a sad day for Aussie Motorsport and a Bad week for Australia .
Brock was alot of things to alot of pepole but to me Brock was simply a ICON of Austrailan Motorsport.

A very sad day .
Old 8 Sep 2006, 15:41 (Ref:1705260)   #198
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard someone on the radio thisevening say that Brock and Steve Irwin's birthday's were seperated by four days, and there was four days between their deaths, both shared the same star sign and both died doing what they loved.

The guy who wrote The Storm Boy also died this week, although not having as high a profileas Steve and Brock, you might assume that had it been any other week, we would have heard of that on the mainstream news too.

I am in Melbourne this weekend and was planning on going to Sandown for the State Races tomorrow, but I dont know if I want to now................

Might cause a few embarrassing moments.

Still cant believe it, 12ish hours later..........
Old 8 Sep 2006, 15:48 (Ref:1705264)   #199
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A real shame, but he lived life to the full.
Peter Perfect will be sorely missed.
Old 8 Sep 2006, 16:17 (Ref:1705291)   #200
doug05
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
doug05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My hero. My idol. I just can't believe it.

My interest and my passion in motorsport all stems from this great man. Every time I have met the man, I have always, always got the same reaction. I warm welcoming smile, a sincere handshake, and those famous words, live life, have a red hot go, etc etc.

RIP Peter Brock