Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Jun 2010, 17:08 (Ref:2711230)   #2001
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Glad to see there was some instant Karma served up!!!
while instant Karma was good to see, still stings...pretty much in the bag for P&M, even though there was quite some time still left....
Old 13 Jun 2010, 17:09 (Ref:2711231)   #2002
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so, this was why the peugeots were so quick afterall... they kind of pushed their luck too much. this is a bit of a sad retirement for the fastest sportscar ever, i feel. they wanted to retire it in total glory and to preserve it's 'fastest car of the field' title, but it was fatal to them. i think after seeing how fast the r15+ was at paul ricard and spa, they felt like the 908 might not be the fastest anymore this year so they went a bit too much in that direction, making everything they could to make it even quicker than ever, while audi, as always, thought about reliability more than anything else. and still, 3:21s in the race, 397 laps, that stuff is huge in terms of performance, ultimately... not mention their already legendary clockwork style of functioning.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 17:12 (Ref:2711233)   #2003
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Here IS the very original, as posted to RLM's messageboard on Facebook...
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...5&id=545295264
Old 13 Jun 2010, 17:14 (Ref:2711236)   #2004
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
As said earlier, Tortoise and Hare, only last year one hare kept it all together to win...

I shall, somehow, catch up with the bits I missed.

Damn femily members having Birthdays...
GRRR.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 17:24 (Ref:2711245)   #2005
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In time I'll watch the whole of the bit I lost in bed - the late morning and early afternoon were annoyingly eventful for an eastern North American - but there are already a bunch of highlights on Youtube, particularly if you know a little bit of German!
Old 13 Jun 2010, 17:25 (Ref:2711246)   #2006
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
while instant Karma was good to see, still stings...pretty much in the bag for P&M, even though there was quite some time still left....
Oh I never said it did not sting! And I do not feel that A.D. has fully gotten what he deserved, but given the situation karma is the only thing we can expect to come of it.

L.P.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 17:27 (Ref:2711249)   #2007
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssssss View Post
man this is unexpected! i went to bed last night with a peugeot 1-2 and been away from home since i got up. i guess audi are still the most durable cars out there afterall, which totally IS what brings a win at le mans.

EDIT: oh by the way, is this a new record of race laps?
Arrrr the beauty of endurance racing, it aint over til the fat lady sings or in other words never say never, certainly wasn't expected (I predicted pug 1 and 2 with Audi third) and I wonder what odds you would have got on thursday of an Audi sweep.

As was quoted down here by I forget who but Hindhaugh quoted it again at the end of the race "thursdays headlines last until sunday, sundays headlines last for a lifetime" love that!

Great race and great coverage yet again by RLM, well done to them all.

Beautiful evening here gonna soak it up for the last time even though the party is over will head home tomorrow.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 18:02 (Ref:2711281)   #2008
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's a photo a buddy of mine took. Looks like the local impound Lot!

Last edited by WMUCarGuy; 13 Jun 2010 at 18:17.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2711283)   #2009
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
Here's a photo a buddy of mine took. Looks like the local impound Lot!

The World feed took a tour down their too.
Sad to see all those cars.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 18:19 (Ref:2711303)   #2010
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Oh I never said it did not sting! And I do not feel that A.D. has fully gotten what he deserved, but given the situation karma is the only thing we can expect to come of it.

L.P.
This is getting silly now. So what would he deserve?
Old 13 Jun 2010, 18:25 (Ref:2711312)   #2011
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The post Le Mans press release of Audi reveals a secret: the V10 TDI was fitted with a Variable Turbine Geometry (VTG) turbocharger. That explains why they managed to improve the power and torque.

Perhaps Peugeot uses this as well, but they can not brag about it like Audi
Old 13 Jun 2010, 18:39 (Ref:2711332)   #2012
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
http://twitpic.com/1whw7u

Haha, Tom Coronel caught speeding on his way home after the race.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 19:00 (Ref:2711348)   #2013
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Race recap

ps. http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/5153/joest.jpg
Old 13 Jun 2010, 19:02 (Ref:2711351)   #2014
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus View Post
This is getting silly now. So what would he deserve?
Lets just say from this response to my post that we do not agree, and leave it at that!!!

L.P.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2711377)   #2015
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Excellent ! And if it was the truth ?
Well, my Peugeot HDi FAP didn't break down or catch fire during route from the circuit to home. That's all I wait from it...
Old 13 Jun 2010, 19:39 (Ref:2711391)   #2016
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Best sectors for the race. For what it is worth, the ideal lap for the Peugeot #4 was 3:18.817.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 19:55 (Ref:2711406)   #2017
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GT2 results are pending because the Felbermayr and Farnbacher are having their engines checked.

At least that is what is on the PDF on the chronos website for the final classification.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 20:04 (Ref:2711417)   #2018
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
GT2 results are pending because the Felbermayr and Farnbacher are having their engines checked.

At least that is what is on the PDF on the chronos website for the final classification.
Well, that's a bit better than failing the stall test.

Tom.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 20:21 (Ref:2711441)   #2019
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So how many laps did the Drayson Racing mob actually do? Autosport says 253, the report on the Le Mans website suggests 254?
Old 13 Jun 2010, 20:30 (Ref:2711447)   #2020
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport articles all weekend have been full of mistakes, so i would trust the Le Mans website more.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 20:31 (Ref:2711448)   #2021
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Autosport articles all weekend have been full of mistakes, so i would trust the Le Mans website more.
Like always?
Old 13 Jun 2010, 20:41 (Ref:2711454)   #2022
RoeDent
Racer

Wales
Wales
RoeDent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drayson finished?!

Huge kudos to them. They had more than their fair share of problems through the race; several times it was said in the chatroom that their time was up, so if they did finish it's incredible! Well done guys!
Old 13 Jun 2010, 20:47 (Ref:2711459)   #2023
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoeDent View Post
Drayson finished?!

Huge kudos to them. They had more than their fair share of problems through the race; several times it was said in the chatroom that their time was up, so if they did finish it's incredible! Well done guys!
Unfortunately, they did not cover the 70% of the distance done by the winner. So they finished the race but are not officially on the finishing list.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 20:47 (Ref:2711460)   #2024
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know if it was classified but yeah it did make the flag. Good effort from them, the car didn't seem very willing to work all race!
Old 13 Jun 2010, 20:55 (Ref:2711462)   #2025
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cool video diary from McNish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHuH7nHUJ58