Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Mar 2013, 17:43 (Ref:3212815)   #2001
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
D-Wing drivers named.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105785
Old 1 Mar 2013, 23:07 (Ref:3212948)   #2002
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Funny, the Autosport article also outright calls the engine a Mazda...

Anyone see the new tires mention? It's official, Michelin is gone. Though the speed at which they've been replaced is rather puzzling. Would have expected at least few months of R&D from any top flight tire company before rubber on the car...
Old 1 Mar 2013, 23:15 (Ref:3212951)   #2003
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
About time Bridgestone got involved in endurance style racing outside SuperGT. They'll also be supplying tires for the LFA at the Nurburgring 24hour race.
Old 1 Mar 2013, 23:46 (Ref:3212965)   #2004
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
Funny, the Autosport article also outright calls the engine a Mazda...

Anyone see the new tires mention? It's official, Michelin is gone. Though the speed at which they've been replaced is rather puzzling. Would have expected at least few months of R&D from any top flight tire company before rubber on the car...
Price is quoted in the article saying, "We will have a new engine and new tyres, so I wanted to remove any variables from the situation.". As for that quick turn around from Michelin to Bridgestone, maybe Michelin sold it all to Bridgestone?
Old 2 Mar 2013, 00:24 (Ref:3212975)   #2005
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Price is quoted in the article saying, "We will have a new engine and new tyres, so I wanted to remove any variables from the situation.". As for that quick turn around from Michelin to Bridgestone, maybe Michelin sold it all to Bridgestone?
There's a specific reason why that's not the case.
Old 2 Mar 2013, 00:27 (Ref:3212977)   #2006
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Ah so thats where David Price ended up after he left Gulf.
Old 2 Mar 2013, 02:50 (Ref:3213021)   #2007
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone have any idea who this Andy Meyrick guy is? I have never heard of him before and a quick search on Wikipedia reveals very little.
Old 2 Mar 2013, 03:02 (Ref:3213025)   #2008
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Does anyone have any idea who this Andy Meyrick guy is? I have never heard of him before and a quick search on Wikipedia reveals very little.
AFAIK hes driven an Aston or two
Old 2 Mar 2013, 03:19 (Ref:3213032)   #2009
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Lots of info here.
Old 2 Mar 2013, 08:46 (Ref:3213100)   #2010
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
I'd forgotten how much LMP seat time Meyrick has to his name- Kolles Audi, ORECA, Dyson, Aston Martin...

Quite an interesting career path so far- Formula Ford, Formula Renault, National-class F3 then straight into an LMP1- in nothing less than an R10!

http://www.andymeyrick.com/profile/

He also races historics- His father, Peter Meyrick, runs in historic F1 and Group C, and Andy has been fairly regularly seen in both: http://www.andymeyrick.com/news/view/35
Old 4 Mar 2013, 17:31 (Ref:3214148)   #2011
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Because of the lack of other drivers being able to spot the Deltawing last year, they've opted for something completely different now! Shine on you crazy diamond!

Old 4 Mar 2013, 17:33 (Ref:3214150)   #2012
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Seems that the Coupe version will be on display at Sebring in a few weeks. Can't wait for those pics!
Old 4 Mar 2013, 17:52 (Ref:3214159)   #2013
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Awesome livery. Can't wait to see how it does. Hopefully we'll see some good battles between it and p1 cars.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 18:40 (Ref:3214175)   #2014
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No doubt the thing looks cool, but my question is that given it's got open wheels and a blatant incapacity to take a passenger next to the driver, should this car be racing in a sportscar series?
Old 4 Mar 2013, 18:58 (Ref:3214183)   #2015
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
No doubt the thing looks cool, but my question is that given it's got open wheels and a blatant incapacity to take a passenger next to the driver, should this car be racing in a sportscar series?
Well, what we think is rather irrelevant, given it's Dr. Don's personal pet project of the week. (though I agree with you) I'm inclined to guess that it might not even start the race, and if it does is unlikely to last very long, so not more than a footnote anyway.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 19:12 (Ref:3214194)   #2016
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Well, what we think is rather irrelevant, given it's Dr. Don's personal pet project of the week. (though I agree with you) I'm inclined to guess that it might not even start the race, and if it does is unlikely to last very long, so not more than a footnote anyway.

Why don't you think it will start or last? It did 9+ hours at Petit, and yes Sebring is a rougher track but that shouldn't break it, should it? I think contact with other cars is the bigger issue towards it lasting.

Quote:
All other LMP's have somewhat similar openings above the wheels these days, and I don't think any are equipped to handle a passenger, so that doesn't bug me too much. The car is a bit of a novelty, and that is fine with me.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 19:14 (Ref:3214195)   #2017
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Why don't you think it will start or last? It did 9+ hours at Petit, and yes Sebring is a rougher track but that shouldn't break it, should it? I think contact with other cars is the bigger issue towards it lasting.
I have doubts the engine will work very well, if at all.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 19:18 (Ref:3214197)   #2018
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:

Good point, I forgot about the new engine. We will know soon enough, but you're right there isn't going to be a lot of miles on the engine before the race. Wasn't there a story last week about a delay due to engine problems on the dyno?
Old 5 Mar 2013, 03:30 (Ref:3214334)   #2019
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
And what makes you say that?

The engines have met all their goals in on the dyno. Feel better?
Old 5 Mar 2013, 03:42 (Ref:3214336)   #2020
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
And what makes you say that?

The engines have met all their goals in on the dyno. Feel better?
Actually no, I don't feel better. I also still don't have faith the engine will work.
Old 5 Mar 2013, 03:46 (Ref:3214338)   #2021
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neither do I, Toyota found their engine was fine on a dyno but crapped out in a proper race and that race environment can't be replicated on a dyno.
Old 5 Mar 2013, 05:14 (Ref:3214354)   #2022
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Neither do I, Toyota found their engine was fine on a dyno but crapped out in a proper race and that race environment can't be replicated on a dyno.
Considering the BHP/Liter is around what a lot of ricers run on their street cars, is it really that big a challenge?
Old 5 Mar 2013, 05:33 (Ref:3214360)   #2023
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do those ricers race on a bumpy concrete circuit for 12 hours straight?
Old 5 Mar 2013, 08:50 (Ref:3214418)   #2024
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
TBF Toyota's engine lasted just fine until the incident involving Nakajima and the car of topic- deltawing
Old 5 Mar 2013, 10:19 (Ref:3214457)   #2025
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The cockpit area looks like any other open LMP to me. Is it still using the AMR tub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
TBF Toyota's engine lasted just fine until the incident involving Nakajima and the car of topic- deltawing
To be even more fair the Toyota's retirement was due to engine failure and not damage sustained from the DW incident.