Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which will be the first 2020 GP?
Australia 0 0%
Bahrain 0 0%
Vietnam 0 0%
China 0 0%
Netherlands 0 0%
Spain 0 0%
Monaco 0 0%
Azerbaijan 0 0%
Canada 2 5.13%
France 2 5.13%
Austria 1 2.56%
Britain 3 7.69%
Hungary 0 0%
Belgium 3 7.69%
Italy 0 0%
Singapore 2 5.13%
Russia 0 0%
Japan 2 5.13%
United States 1 2.56%
Mexico 0 0%
Brazil 0 0%
Abu Dhabi 2 5.13%
Somewhere else 0 0%
There will not be a 2020 GP 21 53.85%
There will never be another GP 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Jun 2021, 17:41 (Ref:4058031)   #2001
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Proof of vaccination or a negative test. In advance? Or on the gate? If the latter, there could be even worse queues than usual......
The article says 'be in possession of a negative test for Covid' - which I would take to be as a test prior to the event, not on arrival.
Old 24 Jun 2021, 18:01 (Ref:4058038)   #2002
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
what i am more curious about is will they actually get 140k people to go in only a couple of weeks?

things are getting back to 'normal' but are things really moving that fast back to normality in the UK?
I’m certain they will. There was a virtual queue to get onto the website today. And many of the grandstands were showing limited availability even before today.
Old 24 Jun 2021, 18:13 (Ref:4058040)   #2003
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I’m certain they will. There was a virtual queue to get onto the website today. And many of the grandstands were showing limited availability even before today.
thats awesome!
Old 24 Jun 2021, 22:17 (Ref:4058067)   #2004
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i love how they sold silverstone as being great for a test event because it's almost entirely private cars that turn up rather than using public transport.

then have the park and ride system where people are crammed onto buses
Old 25 Jun 2021, 01:29 (Ref:4058080)   #2005
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fortunately the local camp site can open to allow my mates to go. They’ve had to cancel the concert that they were going to have in the campsite though as that would be classed as an event and not a test one.
Old 25 Jun 2021, 09:52 (Ref:4058116)   #2006
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Istanbul confirmed Oct 3rd.

Excellent news.
Old 25 Jun 2021, 10:30 (Ref:4058122)   #2007
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That’s good news, let’s hope cases are down by then

In other news the Japanese MotoGP has been cancelled, so that doesn’t bode well for the F1 GP
Old 25 Jun 2021, 10:43 (Ref:4058127)   #2008
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Japan dropping out would poss mean another Euro round coming in, which would be a lot easier on the teams as it was going to be 3 races in 3 weekends!

Russian - Turkey - Japan 1 week apart. Bit tough.

Whereas Turkey then onto a another possible European (Spanish/Italian?) replacement would be a bit easier before the 2 week gap to Austin
Old 25 Jun 2021, 18:12 (Ref:4058184)   #2009
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
That’s good news, let’s hope cases are down by then

In other news the Japanese MotoGP has been cancelled, so that doesn’t bode well for the F1 GP
Any other significant sporting events in Japan?
Old 25 Jun 2021, 18:18 (Ref:4058185)   #2010
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Any other significant sporting events in Japan?

I read something about the last year's Olympic Games taking place this year.
Old 25 Jun 2021, 18:51 (Ref:4058190)   #2011
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Crikey! Someone should have mentioned.
Old 27 Jun 2021, 08:35 (Ref:4058369)   #2012
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The ' post hoc ergo propter hoc' fallacy? Cases were rising before the G7 summit.
BREAKING: Andrew Marr reveals he’s just had a ‘nasty’ bout of covid despite being fully vaccinated, and believes he caught it at the G7 summit in Cornwall. #marr

Enough said
Old 27 Jun 2021, 09:04 (Ref:4058374)   #2013
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
But the number of people with Covid ending up in hospital is going down, so the vaccines are doing their job
Old 27 Jun 2021, 10:36 (Ref:4058393)   #2014
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
BREAKING: Andrew Marr reveals he’s just had a ‘nasty’ bout of covid despite being fully vaccinated, and believes he caught it at the G7 summit in Cornwall. #marr

Enough said
BREAKING: A sample size of one is used by scientists to determine absolute proof that - following vaccination, a person can catch C-19 and be ill for a few days and then recover within a week to the point that they return to full work.

If we made decisions about how to handle the pandemic from one journalist's experience we'd be in a very bad place.
Old 27 Jun 2021, 10:39 (Ref:4058394)   #2015
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
If we made decisions about how to handle the pandemic from one journalist's experience we'd be in a very bad place.
What about adding a politician… or two?
Old 27 Jun 2021, 10:57 (Ref:4058397)   #2016
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
BREAKING: Andrew Marr reveals he’s just had a ‘nasty’ bout of covid despite being fully vaccinated, and believes he caught it at the G7 summit in Cornwall.
There is a very long list of diseases, conditions and ailments which can be unpleasant even for healthy people. The important fact about Marr's story is that he recovered after a few days in bed feeling lousy. That's what vaccines achieve. No-one has ever promised that a vaccine is complete protection against infection. Complete immunity is not possible. But vaccines reduce the risk of infection, reduce the severity if you do catch it and reduce the likelihood of you passing it on (because the viral load is so much lower).

We have now reached the point where the risk from Covid for a vaccinated person at an event like Silverstone is probably less than the risk from driving there, or falling down the steps in a stand, or getting food poisoning from a burger van, or any of the other myriad tiny risks inherent in going about life.
Old 28 Jun 2021, 09:48 (Ref:4058583)   #2017
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
There is a very long list of diseases, conditions and ailments

We have now reached the point where the risk from Covid for a vaccinated person at an event like Silverstone is probably less than the risk from driving there, or falling down the steps in a stand, or getting food poisoning from a burger van, or any of the other myriad tiny risks inherent in going about life.
The bloke who fell out of the Terrace at Wembley would probably agree!!
Old 29 Jun 2021, 00:12 (Ref:4058759)   #2018
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The latest news from Oz is far from good with Covid having taken off again nationwide despite all the attempts to prevent that happening. I think this absolutely kills any remote chance of the AGP in November.

https://www.smh.com.au/
Old 29 Jun 2021, 03:32 (Ref:4058767)   #2019
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The latest news from Oz is far from good with Covid having taken off again nationwide despite all the attempts to prevent that happening. I think this absolutely kills any remote chance of the AGP in November.

https://www.smh.com.au/
Yes even my eternal optimism about having the AGP has almost completely faded.
Old 29 Jun 2021, 03:37 (Ref:4058768)   #2020
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Yes even my eternal optimism about having the AGP has almost completely faded.
You were the one person keeping the glimmer of hope alive.

If your eternal optimism is lost then all hope is lost too.
Old 29 Jun 2021, 16:58 (Ref:4058874)   #2021
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Problems at Silverstone? Porsche have just cancelled their Supercup round scheduled on the GP weekend due to the pandemic.
Old 29 Jun 2021, 18:22 (Ref:4058889)   #2022
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Problems at Silverstone? Porsche have just cancelled their Supercup round scheduled on the GP weekend due to the pandemic.
That's because the teams may not be able to travel from Germany to England and then back into Europe without quarantine.
Old 30 Jun 2021, 20:00 (Ref:4059083)   #2023
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
That's because the teams may not be able to travel from Germany to England and then back into Europe without quarantine.
England v Scotland …2000 positive tests……
Old 30 Jun 2021, 20:17 (Ref:4059086)   #2024
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Or to give a more accurate detail:

'Nearly 2,000 Covid-19 cases in Scotland have been linked to football fans watching Euro 2020 fixtures.

Of the 1,991 cases registered by Public Health Scotland (PHS), two-thirds said they had travelled to London to watch England vs Scotland on June 18.

A total of 397 of these were fans at the game at Wembley Stadium.

A PHS report said 55 cases were linked to a fanzone in Glasgow [at which 6,000 people attended], while 38 and 37 respectively were linked to Scotland vs Croatia and Scotland vs Czech Republic at Hampden Park.'

'these Euro 2020 cases are part of the 32,539 cases that were reported to the Test & Protect Case Management System during this period [June 11-28]'
Old 30 Jun 2021, 20:21 (Ref:4059087)   #2025
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
That's not accurate. The story is that there are thought to be around 2,000 cases associated with the game. Around 400 of those are people who had tickets for the game. That's not the same as saying that there were 2,000 positive tests from the game, which is what is implied by your post.