Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Feb 2021, 08:26 (Ref:4033366)   #2001
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
And many years ago common place and understanable. Even as recently as 2019. But with no hospitality, and quite likely it will remain that way for at least this year, these sort of deals don't work anymore.
Indeed. This sort of deal is definitely a thing in recent history and currently I believe. A very popular and successful current driver carried branding on his fire suit in his debut year that was not on the already "fully stickered" car. The driver spent significant time in hospitality mingling with guests between the then two races on Sunday. I could have described half a dozen people there, so to narrow it down we're in 2002 IIRC and the Gentleman is very softly spoken.
Old 4 Feb 2021, 08:51 (Ref:4033367)   #2002
RED55
Racer

Sweden
Banbury
RED55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
888 Australia is looking to fill Wincups seat next year , Ashley Sutton your the ideal fit for that one !!!!!!!
Old 4 Feb 2021, 09:29 (Ref:4033376)   #2003
Speedysnapper
Rookie

Speedysnapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, the MB Motorsport/Motorbase line up revealed in Autosport this week:
MB: Hill and Ollie Jackson
Motorbase: Osborne and......Neate...
Discuss...!!
Old 4 Feb 2021, 10:04 (Ref:4033378)   #2004
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedysnapper View Post
Discuss...!!
Hill and OJ I’m very happy about, they’ll get great results because the car is decent.

Osbourne is unsurprising given what we already knew, I think he’ll do alright.

Neate has enough money to get a drive. That’s all I’m saying.
Old 4 Feb 2021, 10:05 (Ref:4033379)   #2005
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedysnapper View Post
Discuss...!!
Oh great another year of neate pointlessly driving into people.....
Old 4 Feb 2021, 10:06 (Ref:4033380)   #2006
Robshillito1990
Racer

On another note if hill keeps consistent this year can see him challenging for the title
Old 4 Feb 2021, 10:16 (Ref:4033384)   #2007
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
neate still waving his bank statement about then
Old 4 Feb 2021, 10:17 (Ref:4033385)   #2008
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In terms of the drivers entered as Motorbase that is, by quite some margin, their weakest line-up, by quite some margin, since the days of running Pinkney in the Integra many years ago.
Old 4 Feb 2021, 10:48 (Ref:4033392)   #2009
DaviePHD
Rookie

DaviePHD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Volderneate 2021!

It's that time of year again, the time of year we all despair as Andy Neate is confirmed in the BTCC for the coming season.

Ollie Jackson - great to see him back in kind of the same team. He'll have his hands full with Jake Hill as a Team mate!

Sam Osborne - Undecided on him as yet, he was obviously getting a seat due to his Father's investment, I was hoping that in the Civic he would improve in 2020, maybe he just had crap luck.

Volderneate - well what can be said that hasn't been said already.

I wonder how Dave Bartrum feels today? I know it's not his team anymore but it's his "brand" and I wonder if he feels it's been thrown under the bus by the new owners?
Old 4 Feb 2021, 11:11 (Ref:4033397)   #2010
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
On a 2+2= vein, Nic Hamilton was talking BTCC on the Halfords podcast recently.......
Old 4 Feb 2021, 11:20 (Ref:4033399)   #2011
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...reveals-lineup

The bottom of this article seems convinced that Dan Rowbottom will be driving for Team Dynamics, replacing Matt Neal.
Old 4 Feb 2021, 11:26 (Ref:4033402)   #2012
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The MB Motorsport team is very good. Ollie Jackson has developed into a competent Number 2 driver and Jake Hill is the real deal, so a very decent line-up there.

The Motorbase Team, not so good. Neate is always going to be a tail-ender. I've seen some flashes of promise from Osborne, but he's not Number 1 driver standard in a "proper" team by a long way yet
Old 4 Feb 2021, 11:27 (Ref:4033403)   #2013
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post

The bottom of this article seems convinced that Dan Rowbottom will be driving for Team Dynamics, replacing Matt Neal.
Have they taken the suggestion that Rowbottom will be in a Honda from this thread?
Old 4 Feb 2021, 11:28 (Ref:4033405)   #2014
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mprmke View Post
The MB Motorsport team is very good. Ollie Jackson has developed into a competent Number 2 driver and Jake Hill is the real deal, so a very decent line-up there.

The Motorbase Team, not so good. Neate is always going to be a tail-ender. I've seen some flashes of promise from Osborne, but he's not Number 1 driver standard in a "proper" team by a long way yet
Osborne and Neate are both quick enough to throw something left field on a car for feedback..
Old 4 Feb 2021, 11:42 (Ref:4033408)   #2015
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Have they taken the suggestion that Rowbottom will be in a Honda from this thread?
Well he did say on this thread that he would not be driving for Team Dynamics, so probably not. But I don’t think that what he said proves that the rumour is false because BTCC drivers do love to surprise people with their announcements, and directly contradicting that he was going to TD would certainly make it a surprise if he did.
Old 4 Feb 2021, 11:54 (Ref:4033409)   #2016
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User is flirting with disqualificationpeebee2 User is flirting with disqualification
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post

Would be a great loss to see TD become effectively a one car team from a point of view of front running entries.
Old 4 Feb 2021, 12:34 (Ref:4033419)   #2017
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I do wonder what will happen at TD. I have been convinced Matt will be back, but we have to wait and see. At least they still have Cammish
Old 4 Feb 2021, 12:50 (Ref:4033427)   #2018
Robshillito1990
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I do wonder what will happen at TD. I have been convinced Matt will be back, but we have to wait and see. At least they still have Cammish
To be honest I can see Matt Neal doing 1 more year then handing the reigns to his son. The right way to do it surely? Then Matt take team boss role?
Old 4 Feb 2021, 13:25 (Ref:4033435)   #2019
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorbase's lineup seems like a slap in the face for the former (can we say legendary?) team owner Dave Bartrum. I know money talks and it is what it is but it's hard not to be disappointed. Neate should never be a BTCC driver. I hope Osbourne will make some kind of a turnaround, early last year he seemed good only to fade later in the season. Hopefully a new, very good car, will help him to improve.

Ollie Jackson, even if against all odds, proved to be a very solid driver so should be a strong numer 2 for Jake Hill and I expect good things from Jake. Last year wasn't ecactly as good as I'd hoped but in my opinion Jake is already one of the top talents in the field. Having a very strong car, he should be fighting for a title, at least some wins. Will be interesting to see how this pans out.
Old 4 Feb 2021, 13:39 (Ref:4033438)   #2020
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Motorbase's lineup seems like a slap in the face for the former (can we say legendary?) team owner Dave Bartrum. I know money talks and it is what it is but it's hard not to be disappointed. Neate should never be a BTCC driver. I hope Osbourne will make some kind of a turnaround, early last year he seemed good only to fade later in the season. Hopefully a new, very good car, will help him to improve.

Ollie Jackson, even if against all odds, proved to be a very solid driver so should be a strong numer 2 for Jake Hill and I expect good things from Jake. Last year wasn't ecactly as good as I'd hoped but in my opinion Jake is already one of the top talents in the field. Having a very strong car, he should be fighting for a title, at least some wins. Will be interesting to see how this pans out.
Wow wow wow! Hang on, so the ‘new’ team has in-effect swapped Butcher for Hill & added Osborne. Cannot see that as a slap in the face to Bartie, especially as he sold the team to Pete and Shaun fully knowing their intentions. Bartie ran Neate last year, so any criticism on that choice would ring true to past and present owners surely!
Old 4 Feb 2021, 13:42 (Ref:4033439)   #2021
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Motorbase's lineup seems like a slap in the face for the former (can we say legendary?) team owner Dave Bartrum.
Lets not forget that Neate was part of the Motorbase team when it was still owned by Bartrum. Having the son of the person who bought the team should come as a shock to anyone.

Looking at the wider picture, Jackson was in Motorbase last year. That just leaves Hill as a new addition to a Motorbase-built car. As I recall Hill was highly rated by Bartrum.

I think anyone who sees this as throwing Bartrum under the bus or as an affront to Motorbase's legacy is somewhat overreacting.
Old 4 Feb 2021, 14:00 (Ref:4033443)   #2022
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd argue it's better than Jackson, Depper and Davenport as a lineup.
Old 4 Feb 2021, 14:02 (Ref:4033444)   #2023
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
If Andy Neate can drive as he did the first half of last season then there will be no problem. He seemed to become more aggressive on track (possibly in a quest to find more speed) as the season progressed and made more and more mistakes. Seemed to become a vicious circle. He also managed to get into fisticuffs with Carl, Jade and Mr Jelley by hitting them repeatedly for reasons unknown to me.

I'm hoping the mild mannered Andy Neate is the one we see. If we have repeats of the type of shenanigans inflicted on Carl and Jade again then I will be writing a very stiff letter to TOCA.
Old 4 Feb 2021, 14:30 (Ref:4033449)   #2024
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I'm hoping the mild mannered Andy Neate is the one we see. If we have repeats of the type of shenanigans inflicted on Carl and Jade again then I will be writing a very stiff letter to TOCA.
not the strongly worded letter

neate's lad is moving into single seaters this year isn't he? two decent sized budgets keeping a lot of people in work. i agree with you - hope to see the neate that turned up with decent pace and track manners. can't be arsed with all the hate - what's done is done. but what makes a decent man is the ability to learn and better themself rather than sticking their head in the sand and waving their arse at everyone. that attitude was pretty tiresome last year and only barely works coming from the guys with decades of btcc experience, race wins and titles behind them.
Old 4 Feb 2021, 15:10 (Ref:4033458)   #2025
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Lets not forget that Neate was part of the Motorbase team when it was still owned by Bartrum. Having the son of the person who bought the team should come as a shock to anyone.

Looking at the wider picture, Jackson was in Motorbase last year. That just leaves Hill as a new addition to a Motorbase-built car. As I recall Hill was highly rated by Bartrum.

I think anyone who sees this as throwing Bartrum under the bus or as an affront to Motorbase's legacy is somewhat overreacting.
Yes, you're right, it might be a bit of overreaction. But my point is, the other side of the garage will race under MB Motorsport banner so the Motorbase moniker is gone. The duo actually running as Motorbase will be a very underwhelming one. That's the point I wanted to make, although, as a matter of fact, MB Motorsport and Motorbase will be the same team in many areas.