Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 17 Mar 2012, 05:11 (Ref:3042561)   #2051
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-notebook//P2/

I don't think anyone mentioned this yet, Libra Racing Radical-Ford confirmed for Laguna Seca-onward. They tried to go full season, but couldn't get the entry in on time. They also say that because of the 35-car restriction at Long Beach, they probably won't be there either. They are at Sebring for testing, however.
Old 17 Mar 2012, 10:17 (Ref:3042657)   #2052
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
More rubbish , why couldnt they get their entry in on time . You can still enter an illegal car and you have until scrutineering to get it right , in fact you dont even need a car to enter ..... sounds like utter crap to me again .

Hope they stay away , cry wolf just one too many times . Dawson is a bloody disgrace , sorry Knighty .
Old 17 Mar 2012, 10:30 (Ref:3042666)   #2053
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
@The Badger: the car is ready, so it was probably a matter of dollars to pay the entry.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:54 (Ref:3043666)   #2054
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
More rubbish , why couldnt they get their entry in on time . You can still enter an illegal car and you have until scrutineering to get it right , in fact you dont even need a car to enter ..... sounds like utter crap to me again .

Hope they stay away , cry wolf just one too many times . Dawson is a bloody disgrace , sorry Knighty .
Why so much hate? Why not be happy that another entrant is in the ALMS? I'm tired of people "dissing" teams. Why don't you get the money Badger, get a car, a crew, spare parts, drivers and start your team.

Be happy that another proto is in the ALMS. Unfortunately, I don't expect them to have a big impact but still nice to see a Radical racing again.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 06:29 (Ref:3043699)   #2055
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Why so much hate? Why not be happy that another entrant is in the ALMS? I'm tired of people "dissing" teams. Why don't you get the money Badger, get a car, a crew, spare parts, drivers and start your team.

Be happy that another proto is in the ALMS. Unfortunately, I don't expect them to have a big impact but still nice to see a Radical racing again.
If we aren't allowed to dislike things without doing them ourselves, then I guess you haven't said a kind of music was terrible or that a movie sucked? Unless of course you started your own band or are a director or something. That's a pretty silly "defense" really.

His comment was on the harsh side, but then again Mr. Dawson has had a lot of talk and little action the last few years, so you have to understand why people would be doubtful of his programs.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 07:58 (Ref:3043725)   #2056
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sebring was fantastic as usual, but we'll really get to gauge the ALMS quality at Long Beach. GT's gonna be great this year (esp. with Aston Martin guest appearances), but we still haven't seen how P1 or P2 will really play out. Dyson won, but Muscle Milk would have taken 1st (and 3rd overall) had the race been shorter or that damn fuel filler hadn't broken. Also have yet to see whether Black Swan and Conquest can really take the fight to Level 5. LMP-C and GT-C are also big question marks.

Actually, with entry restriction limits for Long Beach, we'll probably have to wait till Laguna Seca to see the full shebang.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 15:21 (Ref:3043938)   #2057
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Sebring was fantastic as usual, but we'll really get to gauge the ALMS quality at Long Beach. GT's gonna be great this year (esp. with Aston Martin guest appearances), but we still haven't seen how P1 or P2 will really play out. Dyson won, but Muscle Milk would have taken 1st (and 3rd overall) had the race been shorter or that damn fuel filler hadn't broken. Also have yet to see whether Black Swan and Conquest can really take the fight to Level 5. LMP-C and GT-C are also big question marks.

Actually, with entry restriction limits for Long Beach, we'll probably have to wait till Laguna Seca to see the full shebang.
Will Bleekemolen be in the car with Pappas at rounds he's not with Rebellion for?
Old 18 Mar 2012, 15:36 (Ref:3043952)   #2058
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Who thinks that the ALMS should combine/equalize their P1 and P2 categories?
Old 18 Mar 2012, 16:02 (Ref:3043964)   #2059
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
If we aren't allowed to dislike things without doing them ourselves, then I guess you haven't said a kind of music was terrible or that a movie sucked? Unless of course you started your own band or are a director or something. That's a pretty silly "defense" really.

His comment was on the harsh side, but then again Mr. Dawson has had a lot of talk and little action the last few years, so you have to understand why people would be doubtful of his programs.
It is okay to dislike something but that is where it should end. Badger took it way too far with his comment. Yes, Mr. Dawson has said a lot in the past but no he finally has a car and engine, and all people can do is bash him. Like I said, be happy that the ALMS has another entrant in the series. I think this is the first time ever where there were too many entrants for both Sebring and Long Beach in the ALMS.

Quote:
I wish they combined them but that wouldn't be fair to both Muscle Milk and Dyson who have invested in new P1 cars.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 16:16 (Ref:3043972)   #2060
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Would have been a good idea to announce around July last year, before anyone bought new P1 cars for lots of money. Now it's too late.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 16:39 (Ref:3043987)   #2061
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

I wish they combined them but that wouldn't be fair to both Muscle Milk and Dyson who have invested in new P1 cars.
Maybe for next year? With Mazda coming up with a P2 engine and HPD already having one? It would be an imperfect solution, but if nothing is on the horizon for P1 that might be an option.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 16:51 (Ref:3043999)   #2062
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Quote:
Maybe for next year? With Mazda coming up with a P2 engine and HPD already having one? It would be an imperfect solution, but if nothing is on the horizon for P1 that might be an option.
I think the ALMS has to wait 2-3 years if they want to combine P1 and P2. Muscle Milk and Dyson bought cars expecting them to last a couple of years. Buying new cars for next year will just be a waste IMO.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 16:54 (Ref:3044002)   #2063
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I think the ALMS has to wait 2-3 years if they want to combine P1 and P2. Muscle Milk and Dyson bought cars expecting them to last a couple of years. Buying new cars for next year will just be a waste IMO.
Ah, you misunderstood me... I'd have them drop P2 engines into their P1 chassis...
Old 18 Mar 2012, 17:29 (Ref:3044028)   #2064
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I do , as the numbers dont look great in either class . Leave P1 to the factories and privateers who can afford it .
First , make a decent proto championship in the ALMS .

And guarantee rule stability for at least 4 years .
Old 18 Mar 2012, 18:06 (Ref:3044058)   #2065
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Quote:
Ah, you misunderstood me... I'd have them drop P2 engines into their P1 chassis...
Oh I understand you now, but it's still unfair to both Muscle Milk and Dyson. They bought P1 cars and you want them to compete with cost-capped P2 cars. Muscle Milk and Dyson's argument would be that they payed the extra cash for P1 cars so why do they have to compete with P2s.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 18:56 (Ref:3044088)   #2066
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think they should combine LMP2 and LMPC. Dyson and Cytosport both bought new cars so it is a bit late at this point.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 11:31 (Ref:3044558)   #2067
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
I think they should combine LMP2 and LMPC. Dyson and Cytosport both bought new cars so it is a bit late at this point.
You could use the same logic to explain why we couldn't combine LMP2 and LMPC.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 12:00 (Ref:3044579)   #2068
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't the PC just a slower P2 car?
Old 19 Mar 2012, 12:19 (Ref:3044587)   #2069
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanza View Post
Well worded and very diplomatically put......good post!

I have no axe to grind with ID, why would I. Few have tried harder to put programmes together than him. But, for a variety of reasons, none have matured in recent years. I am very much from the school of thought you describe in your post.......in other words, regardless of press releases and announcements of intent, I'll believe it when I see it!
Old 19 Mar 2012, 12:25 (Ref:3044590)   #2070
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Makes sense, in theory, given the low car counts in each class.

Probably best not to break the news to Dyson and Muscle Milk face to face though, unless wearing appropriate body armour.

Old 19 Mar 2012, 13:17 (Ref:3044623)   #2071
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Probably best not to break the news to Dyson and Muscle Milk face to face though, unless wearing appropriate body armour
Or unless they want to send them straight into the arms of the WEC for 2013.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 13:22 (Ref:3044626)   #2072
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Or unless they want to send them straight into the arms of the WEC for 2013.
Well, they combined classes before and that time around MM and Dyson were the ones profiting from it....
Old 19 Mar 2012, 13:49 (Ref:3044643)   #2073
picchiofan
Racer

Iran
picchiofan User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Isn't the PC just a slower P2 car?
Not really. It's basically a 10 year old Dallara LMP1 chassis with a bunch of spec suspension components and a 6.2 litre Chevy LS2 crate motor in the back.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 13:57 (Ref:3044648)   #2074
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by picchiofan View Post
Not really. It's basically a 10 year old Dallara LMP1 chassis with a bunch of spec suspension components and a 6.2 litre Chevy LS2 crate motor in the back.
Not really. There is no link whatsoever with Dallara.

The Oreca FLM09 is based on the Courage LC70/LC75 from 2006. See http://www.racecar-engineering.com/cars/oreca-flm-09/.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 13:58 (Ref:3044649)   #2075
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I think it began its life as a Courage, but yeah a smaller restrictor and a bigger wing should bring that car on terms with the LMP2 cars. Also if you combine the classes you probably want the proper LMP2's to have a slight advantage, maybe around a 1 sec gap at Sebring.