Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Mar 2024, 15:18 (Ref:4199908)   #2076
AJD
Rookie

AJD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Lane Lurker View Post
Having seen Kieran Gallagher confirming he’s still out of pocket to the tune of £208k+…. I think I’m gonna give the congratulating and back slapping a miss.
Exactly the sort of information I was worried would appear.

If there's good honest hard working people getting shafted it's wrong that they've even been allowed to join the grid in my eyes.

First and foremost all outstanding debts should have been paid off before this was announced.

They could always do their favourite trick when the debts catch up with them and move the goalposts and ask for more budget from their drivers again or replace them with the highest bidder...
Old 4 Mar 2024, 15:28 (Ref:4199909)   #2077
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just look for the queue of people at the HARD garage at the first round, waiting to speak to Tony about what they're still owed...
Old 4 Mar 2024, 15:47 (Ref:4199913)   #2078
Protonman
Rookie

Protonman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Just look for the queue of people at the HARD garage at the first round, waiting to speak to Tony about what they're still owed...
Guess they will have to expected a mixed reaction to their return , especially if their recent problems have left others out of pocket . These things will be sorted out in the courts not on the track . One thing I noticed in the press release is they don’t actually mention the cars they will use . The obvious conclusion is the remaining Cupras but if the deal is in the name of AMR could they be using the infinitis as a cheap and available way of returning . Wonder if they have been sitting in mothballs or sold off since the family team folded . Another RWD entry would add variety and maybe an update will improve its performance . Not saying just chucking it out their .
Old 4 Mar 2024, 16:20 (Ref:4199926)   #2079
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They'll be using Cupras, the one they already have use of (they don't own it) plus potentially another one. It's a maximum of 2 cars, let's see if they can get 1 together first.
Old 4 Mar 2024, 16:45 (Ref:4199930)   #2080
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm assuming that the deal with AMR is for their hospitality units etc.
Old 4 Mar 2024, 17:04 (Ref:4199934)   #2081
Protonman
Rookie

Quote:
They'll be using Cupras, the one they already have use of (they don't own it) plus potentially another one. It's a maximum of 2 cars, let's see if they can get 1 together first.
Thanks , my speculation was regarding just how many Cupras their was which could be made race ready without having incurring further debts . This feels familiar to the football situation . Teams try too hard to be competitive and overreach themselves leaving debts . They go into admin , have a small restructure and then start again without seeming penalty . Doesn’t seem right but it appears to be accepted in sport And perfectly legal .

Last edited by Protonman; 4 Mar 2024 at 17:12.
Old 4 Mar 2024, 17:48 (Ref:4199941)   #2082
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonman View Post
Thanks , my speculation was regarding just how many Cupras their was which could be made race ready without having incurring further debts . This feels familiar to the football situation . Teams try too hard to be competitive and overreach themselves leaving debts . They go into admin , have a small restructure and then start again without seeming penalty . Doesn’t seem right but it appears to be accepted in sport And perfectly legal .

I don't think that it is as simple as you appear to suggest.

According to the latest public records, Team Hard Racing, the umbrella company under which Hard has operated all it's racing activities, has not been placed in to administration. It therefore follows that it cannot be bought out of administration.

However, the mystery is about the cars that they believe they will be preparing to race and all the equipment that that will entail as well as everything that a team requires to attend meetings. This is because, seemingly, all the assets of Team Hard have financial charges against them including all the cars, all the equipment and transporters plus the premises. Public records show that none of those charges have been fully satisfied since the end of the year.

And if I was any of the finance companies that had liens or charges against those assets, I would, under the current circumstances, be very reluctant for those assets to be used as there is the possibility that those assets could be damaged thus reducing their potential value.
Old 4 Mar 2024, 17:58 (Ref:4199943)   #2083
coffinpilot
Veteran

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonman View Post
Guess they will have to expected a mixed reaction to their return , especially if their recent problems have left others out of pocket . These things will be sorted out in the courts not on the track . One thing I noticed in the press release is they don’t actually mention the cars they will use . The obvious conclusion is the remaining Cupras but if the deal is in the name of AMR could they be using the infinitis as a cheap and available way of returning . Wonder if they have been sitting in mothballs or sold off since the family team folded . Another RWD entry would add variety and maybe an update will improve its performance . Not saying just chucking it out their .
Isn't the Infiniti beyond its five year limit now? They haven't been on sale in GB for a while now.
Old 4 Mar 2024, 18:01 (Ref:4199944)   #2084
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
Isn't the Infiniti beyond its five year limit now? They haven't been on sale in GB for a while now.
The redesign was homologated in 2020, so eligible for 2024.
Old 4 Mar 2024, 18:18 (Ref:4199946)   #2085
coffinpilot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The redesign was homologated in 2020, so eligible for 2024.
So with Infiniti pulling the salesroom plug that would give the car a single year in BTCC?
Old 4 Mar 2024, 18:42 (Ref:4199949)   #2086
Protonman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I don't think that it is as simple as you appear to suggest.

According to the latest public records, Team Hard Racing, the umbrella company under which Hard has operated all it's racing activities, has not been placed in to administration. It therefore follows that it cannot be bought out of administration.

However, the mystery is about the cars that they believe they will be preparing to race and all the equipment that that will entail as well as everything that a team requires to attend meetings. This is because, seemingly, all the assets of Team Hard have financial charges against them including all the cars, all the equipment and transporters plus the premises. Public records show that none of those charges have been fully satisfied since the end of the year.

And if I was any of the finance companies that had liens or charges against those assets, I would, under the current circumstances, be very reluctant for those assets to be used as there is the possibility that those assets could be damaged thus reducing their potential value.
Given the suggestion made before of a satellite team entering on behalf of another it leads us to think Hard are not entering in own guise . That answers to the fact they may not run their own equipment . Therefore has to be some spare unused cars . I would mention a certain pair or Honda but TD are already tied in with xceler8. Curiouser and curiouser .
Old 4 Mar 2024, 18:57 (Ref:4199950)   #2087
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Boardley’s one I guess? The CB’s TBL being used by an existing to to add an additional car?

So do they have any parts to resurrect one if the sold on shells? Not sure who’ll lead the rebuild with their top man working elsewhere.
Old 4 Mar 2024, 19:44 (Ref:4199955)   #2088
Pickles
Veteran

I doubt it'll be Boardley's but saying that it's the only real option, I don't think there's the parts and resources (or staff) to rebuild one of the other shells. I think Boardley was looking to run the car himself, maybe now he's committed to TCR he's decided to rent the car to HARD instead. But as mentioned, I don't know who will be running the cars with almost every member of staff having left and being owed money.
Old 4 Mar 2024, 19:45 (Ref:4199956)   #2089
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by InYourMirrors45 View Post
Proctor and ?
What other recent BTCC race winners haven’t had plans confirmed? Jelley perhaps, although surely after being with WSR so long so you wouldn’t want to take a step down.
Old 4 Mar 2024, 19:52 (Ref:4199958)   #2090
coffinpilot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
What other recent BTCC race winners haven’t had plans confirmed? Jelley perhaps, although surely after being with WSR so long so you wouldn’t want to take a step down.
Jelley confirmed a Porsche Cup move a while back.
Old 4 Mar 2024, 20:11 (Ref:4199960)   #2091
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
Jelley confirmed a Porsche Cup move a while back.
Ah right, I know he spoke about it but didn’t think it was confirmed yet. Didn’t think it would be him in any regard but can’t think of many other ‘available’ race winners.
Old 4 Mar 2024, 20:11 (Ref:4199961)   #2092
Protonman
Rookie

Quote:
Proctor and George Gamble ( don’t they make detergents ?) after that no one else springs to mind who raced last year . Butcher who is on gardening leave at present . Any clues that the team will base in unused premises in Kent ? Any teams from that area that may be a part of this .
Old 4 Mar 2024, 20:12 (Ref:4199962)   #2093
coffinpilot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
Has anyone else seen the small subtle media changes happening within BTCC ever since the new media company has taken over? I'm seeing more driver content popping up on YouTube and just recently, I've been getting the On The Limit Series 4 trailer come up as an advert before watching any F1 content on YouTube.

I feel like the media company have been given some pocket money to try and tap into the YouTube market and maybe drag more of an audience into BTCC.

Could I be getting my hopes up too soon on just more BTCC content hitting the 'tubes through the season...
Might be the case, but should their media budget also stretch to a social media moderator? Not a good look for the championship in the Team HARD responses on Facebook. Actually, no, a completely unacceptable state. Disgraceful some of the comments and trolling that's been left posted for hours. Some of the comments between those for, against and affected by Team HARD. Also proving once again that the Facebook BTCC fanbase can't activate spellcheck....

I get F1 and NASCAR has massive amounts of idiots posting and it's hard to moderate, but there's only 250 comments or so.
Old 4 Mar 2024, 20:13 (Ref:4199963)   #2094
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
George Gamble, maybe WSR aren’t the only team he’s negotiating with!?!
Old 4 Mar 2024, 20:15 (Ref:4199964)   #2095
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
“Sources have suggested two race-winning BTCC drivers in contention for the squad.”

‘race-winning BTCC drivers’ doesn’t necessarily mean BTCC race winners. There’s plenty of BTCC drivers who have won races elsewhere.
Old 4 Mar 2024, 20:24 (Ref:4199966)   #2096
Protonman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Boardley’s one I guess? The CB’s TBL being used by an existing to to add an additional car?

So do they have any parts to resurrect one if the sold on shells? Not sure who’ll lead the rebuild with their top man working elsewhere.
Is the Boardley TBL in use ? Of the 6 used by Hard last year 2 now in use at Restart 1 with Speedworks and 2 now being used by AMR. Which one is still not in use ?
Old 4 Mar 2024, 20:30 (Ref:4199967)   #2097
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
‘race-winning BTCC drivers’ doesn’t necessarily mean BTCC race winners. There’s plenty of BTCC drivers who have won races elsewhere.
True, but given this Autosport and not some BS team social media post, I think we can assume they mean actual BTCC race winners.

So, Plato and Andrew Jordan then ?
Old 4 Mar 2024, 20:47 (Ref:4199969)   #2098
Protonman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
“Sources have suggested two race-winning BTCC drivers in contention for the squad.”

Rob Huff ???? Maybe the Toyota deal hasn’t happened ?
Old 4 Mar 2024, 20:48 (Ref:4199970)   #2099
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
True, but given this Autosport and not some BS team social media post, I think we can assume they mean actual BTCC race winners.
They also might not have been outright wins though, but could be JST or Indy wins. Since 2020 -

Outright:
Dan Lloyd
George Gamble
Gordon Shedden
Senna Proctor
Ollie Jackson

Indy:
Bobby Thompson
Ash Hand

JST:
Jack Butel
Michael Crees
James Gornall
Paul Rivett
Old 4 Mar 2024, 21:08 (Ref:4199973)   #2100
TyH
Rookie

United Kingdom
TyH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In regards to the Cupra’s

I’m of the understanding that one shell has been bought back from the asset management company/liquidators/baliff’s or whatever the correct legal term is for them.

And the other is a Boardley owned car.

Don’t take that for fact, just a few things I’ve been told today