Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Sep 2021, 18:04 (Ref:4071841)   #201
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting story regarding Mercedes potentially looking to block Albon going to Williams.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...liams/6659653/

Richard
Old 3 Sep 2021, 18:51 (Ref:4071842)   #202
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds more like Horner had been told no thanks and he wants to make noise for the team he's challenging with the FIA for illegal engines
Old 3 Sep 2021, 20:08 (Ref:4071852)   #203
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They asked Horner about it on the sky broadcast. I felt it was a bit of a leading question which Horner was diplomatic about imo. that and also about the inquiries/clarifications the teams are making about the Merc engines.

I can see it as a fair point. With things being as competitive as they are, new rules next year, RB taking over an engine program...Merc are understandably concerned with a RB development driver getting time with a Merc engine while still maintaining his ties to RB.

Would be the same if it was the other way around.

Unfortunate for Albon though to be stuck in the middle.
Old 3 Sep 2021, 20:14 (Ref:4071854)   #204
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The works vs customer thing is solely financial. It costs more to enter as a "works" team with your company name on the engine. The cost to "customer" teams is set in the commercial contract with the CRH and FIA.

If I recall correctly, anyway.
Old 4 Sep 2021, 09:28 (Ref:4071931)   #205
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can see things getting messy and it would be unfortunate if Albon's chances of coming back to F1 are in other people's hands
Old 4 Sep 2021, 14:23 (Ref:4071984)   #206
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Giovantzi P7 - strange how drivers go quicker when there job is on the line….
Old 4 Sep 2021, 20:06 (Ref:4072034)   #207
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In the paddock it was suggested that Aston Martin had offered Alonso a drive.

Aston Martin have denied this: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/as...ours-/6660515/

No smoke without fire!

I’ve ticked all the boxes there!
Old 4 Sep 2021, 22:06 (Ref:4072047)   #208
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
In the paddock it was suggested that Aston Martin had offered Alonso a drive.

Aston Martin have denied this: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/as...ours-/6660515/

No smoke without fire!

I’ve ticked all the boxes there!
"Daddy, I learned all I can from the last one. Get me a new one."

How many prior WDC will Stroll rotate through the team to achieve... wait, what exactly are they trying to achieve by doing this?

Richard
Old 5 Sep 2021, 02:19 (Ref:4072069)   #209
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Keep rotating old WDC until he can beat one?

What’s Mansell up to? Has he actually retired?
Old 5 Sep 2021, 08:57 (Ref:4072113)   #210
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Keep rotating old WDC until he can beat one?

What’s Mansell up to? Has he actually retired?
I hear Mr Raikonnen might be available next year
Old 5 Sep 2021, 09:02 (Ref:4072117)   #211
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I can see things getting messy and it would be unfortunate if Albon's chances of coming back to F1 are in other people's hands
In a sense yes, but it has naff all to do with Horner whether Williams take Albon..... Probably the majority of driver moves are in other people's hands.....
Old 5 Sep 2021, 11:13 (Ref:4072133)   #212
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
In a sense yes, but it has naff all to do with Horner whether Williams take Albon..... Probably the majority of driver moves are in other people's hands.....

Was it not always thus?
Old 5 Sep 2021, 13:35 (Ref:4072138)   #213
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It seems to have increased in recent seasons, now you have all these different driver programmes or teams that link up with another
Old 5 Sep 2021, 16:10 (Ref:4072167)   #214
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
but it has naff all to do with Horner whether Williams take Albon.....
Potentially yes, but it looks like Red Bull might need to release Albon entirely if he's hoping for a Williams seat.
https://racer.com/2021/09/05/wolff-u...williams-seat/

I didn't realise Mercedes had, what seems to be, the deciding say in who gets a Williams seat?

Williams have been very quiet and seem to be letting Woldf do the talking.
Old 5 Sep 2021, 18:26 (Ref:4072177)   #215
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
I didn't realise Mercedes had, what seems to be, the deciding say in who gets a Williams seat?

Williams have been very quiet and seem to be letting Woldf do the talking.
I expect Williams can do whatever they want! Which may trigger various repercussions (probably ultimately financial) via Mercedes. Or maybe part of whatever deal (some type of material or financial support) Williams has previously done with Mercedes includes some level of control over driver selection.

Richard
Old 5 Sep 2021, 18:27 (Ref:4072178)   #216
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Daily Express tonight...
Nico Rosberg claims Netflix camera operators, who attend every F1 race for their Drive to Survive series, were called into Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff's office following the conclusion of the Dutch Grand Prix. The 2016 world champion says the streaming service staff were summoned to capture George Russell signing his Mercedes contract, which means he will partner Lewis Hamilton next season.
Old 5 Sep 2021, 18:36 (Ref:4072179)   #217
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Daily Express tonight...
Nico Rosberg claims Netflix camera operators, who attend every F1 race for their Drive to Survive series, were called into Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff's office following the conclusion of the Dutch Grand Prix. The 2016 world champion says the streaming service staff were summoned to capture George Russell signing his Mercedes contract, which means he will partner Lewis Hamilton next season.
Quite possibly, but he has had a Mercedes contract since late 2015 and he didn’t drive for the works F1 team then…
Old 5 Sep 2021, 18:47 (Ref:4072180)   #218
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Daily Express tonight...
Possibly correct, but we know the Daily Express have a reputation for *ahem* making things up. I would take this story with a pinch of salt, given that Russell is almost certain to be confirmed next week anyway so there will be no proof if the story is a complete lie.
Old 6 Sep 2021, 07:35 (Ref:4072268)   #219
S griffin
Veteran

I just wish they would put us of our misery and announce what we all know
Old 6 Sep 2021, 11:33 (Ref:4072317)   #220
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bottas confirmed via Saubers Twitter account
Attached Thumbnails
54811B55-D143-4997-BFC7-DFBE13F51BC5.jpeg  
Old 6 Sep 2021, 11:50 (Ref:4072321)   #221
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Move #2. What's next?
Old 6 Sep 2021, 12:53 (Ref:4072330)   #222
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Move #2. What's next?

It’s a clothes shop! Sorry couldn’t resist that one
Old 6 Sep 2021, 13:09 (Ref:4072332)   #223
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
So thats Bottas confirmed.

Russell will presumably be confirmed any minute, which then leaves Williams and the 2nd Alfa Romeo seat.

Red Bull have used Albon for gathering data about the Silverstone collision, in an effort to run an appeal with the FIA against Mercedes main man. That conflict of interest, plus the recent objections to the Mercedes engines themselves is entirely of Red Bulls own making. If Red Bull can't fit Albon into one of their 4 cars, then they may as well release him so that he can pursue his own career elsewhere. But if Red Bull want to keep him on contract, they shouldn't complain when their main rivals don't really want him anywhere near their hardware.
Old 6 Sep 2021, 13:17 (Ref:4072334)   #224
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Red Bull have used Albon for gathering data about the Silverstone collision, in an effort to run an appeal with the FIA against Mercedes main man. That conflict of interest, plus the recent objections to the Mercedes engines themselves is entirely of Red Bulls own making. If Red Bull can't fit Albon into one of their 4 cars, then they may as well release him so that he can pursue his own career elsewhere. But if Red Bull want to keep him on contract, they shouldn't complain when their main rivals don't really want him anywhere near their hardware.
So you are saying Mercedes would block Albon, because Albon (a Red Bull employee) was directed to be part of action designed benefit Red Bull? Is that not what employees do? By this logic, nobody (drivers, engineers, etc.) could move from team to team because they previously fought hard against each other.

However, I think there is no reason for Mercedes to not expect Albon to not be somehow contractually tied to RBR if he is driving for a team that is apparently under the Mercedes umbrella.

Richard
Old 6 Sep 2021, 14:07 (Ref:4072345)   #225
S griffin
Veteran

The question is, would Red Bull continue to back someone driving under their main rivals umbrella? I’m not so sure, especially given past form