Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 Oct 2012, 03:34 (Ref:3145501)   #201
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its real twisty.
Old 3 Oct 2012, 04:47 (Ref:3145521)   #202
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Wow! That's cool!
No, that's bad.
Old 3 Oct 2012, 21:24 (Ref:3145900)   #203
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I'd say that first section at Injae reminds a bit of Assen, and that lower part reminds me of Most, Czech Republic and/or Rijeka, Croatia.

FYI, I think the third track diagram down (the one with the elevation graph just below it) is the most up-to-date plan form illustration of the track. The top track diagram (with the outline in thick black) is the one that has been on the Wilson Motorsport site for ages.

It looks like they've opened up a number of spots around the track at least a little, which also helps explain why the track length went from 2.486 miles (4.0km) to 2.610 miles (4.2km). The opening complex has three turns, instead of two, which effectively increases the radius and makes it a quicker section. The hairpin after this is really the only slow corner on the entire lap. The long left-hander after the hairpin has been opened up, and the whole stretch there behind the paddock and down to the complex at the bottom of the circuit has been realigned.

That entire complex at the bottom has been opened up. Every corner there through that left/right/left/right/left appears to have either a larger radius, or goes through fewer degrees of rotation. What was a nasty little chicane down there is now a moderately quick esse. Also of note in this section is the repositioning of the link roads for the independent, short courses.

The lower portion of the circuit after that complex looks relatively unchanged from the original proposal; a few of the corners in the lower left may have been just slightly reprofiled. The final major alteration from the original, planned layout is the final two corners and the first portion of the start/finish stretch. The penutimate corner, which was a long, double-apex left, is now a more abrupt left done all in one go. The final turn has been brought back, lengthening the pit straight, and instead of a quick little bend, is a much longer, left-hand curve.

The pit lane has also been made much more generous with the modifications from the initial configuration.

It's not going to be blazingly fast, but it should be reasonably quick. I certainly think it will be a quicker circuit than Okayama, Motegi, Hungaroring, Jarama, or Estoril.
Old 4 Oct 2012, 17:18 (Ref:3146191)   #204
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
No, that's bad.
Oops, I had understood that the AsLMS and Super Formula would share the weekend. Now I agree, it's terrible.
Old 27 Oct 2012, 07:12 (Ref:3158341)   #205
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.racer.com/aston-commits-t...rticle/265699/
Craft Racing AMR first team to commit, 2 Vantage V12 GT3s for GTC.
Old 27 Oct 2012, 08:47 (Ref:3158363)   #206
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Not sure if camouflage or livery.
Old 27 Oct 2012, 12:17 (Ref:3158439)   #207
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark Goddard has a lot of experience in racing and operating in the Asia-Pacific region. Good call.
Old 27 Oct 2012, 12:27 (Ref:3158445)   #208
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's really crying out for a couple of P2 entries now to get the ball rolling...
Old 27 Oct 2012, 12:50 (Ref:3158457)   #209
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so here is the asian lms calendar
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-14215.html
Old 27 Oct 2012, 13:18 (Ref:3158471)   #210
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
During today's Press Conference :Representatives from Audi China, Aston Martin Racing, Gulf Racing Middle East, Asia Racing Team and KCMG were listed ovethered.

http://iris.cpidt.pt/sportmotores200...ticia?id=35520
Old 27 Oct 2012, 14:43 (Ref:3158513)   #211
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
I wish they had more races outside China. Asia is BIG. China is not 50% of Asia.
Old 27 Oct 2012, 15:42 (Ref:3158531)   #212
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Well , Im waiting to see what happens with respect to visa's for Japanese drivers .....
After whats just gone down , with respect to visa's , I find it quite amusing that there will be 3 rounds in China .

Why not just call it the CLMS instead !!!
Old 27 Oct 2012, 20:57 (Ref:3158645)   #213
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
China has the biggest market at present, and it is basically 33% of Asia in terms of population, but yes, i think there should be more variety and spread.

I'd be alright with Shanghai and Zhuhai sticking around. Ordos isn't very good, and will probably be a traffic nightmare for multi-class racing. Guangdong, Goldenport Beijing, and Tianma are simply too short. Chengdu would probably be better than Ordos in some respects (like for actual racing), but has issues of its own. It's shorter than Ordos, though still over 3km, has some fiddly bits, but the biggest issue is the water seepage because of the high water table where is is built.

I'd like to see Ordos dropped and Buddh put in in its place. If there was a seventh round, make it Sepang or a second Japanese race (Suzuka or Autopolis).

I'm glad that Autopia is an option, so we're not just stuck with the Tilke circuit in Korea.
Old 27 Oct 2012, 21:08 (Ref:3158654)   #214
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
What about India or Australia ? India's massive .
Old 27 Oct 2012, 21:51 (Ref:3158679)   #215
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
don't like this schedule at all... none of the dates match my existing plans of going to asia for other events that I can piggyback on... boo!
Old 28 Oct 2012, 00:21 (Ref:3158729)   #216
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why is Sentul so late?
Old 28 Oct 2012, 05:19 (Ref:3158802)   #217
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
AsLMS at Eastern Creek could be pretty good.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 06:38 (Ref:3158829)   #218
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
AsLMS at Eastern Creek could be pretty good.
I'd prefer Phillip Island over Eastern Creeks new layout. Phillip Island is more fast and flowing IMHO.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 06:47 (Ref:3158835)   #219
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I'd prefer Phillip Island over Eastern Creeks new layout. Phillip Island is more fast and flowing IMHO.
i always forget about PI.

that would be the perfect place
Old 28 Oct 2012, 08:32 (Ref:3158875)   #220
KingKenny04
Rookie

United States
MCAS Miramar, CA
KingKenny04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure if anyone's already mentioned this, but after researching qualifying lap times for Okayama in 2009 and Fuji this year, ive discovered that LMP2 and GT500 run identical lap times at both venues. Perhaps if this new series has trouble securing very many LMP2 entries, they can allow GT500s to enter, and then possibly guarantee both the top GT500 and Top LMP2 each an entry to Le Mans?
Old 29 Oct 2012, 13:26 (Ref:3159525)   #221
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Stop arguing on the calendar. It's done. Focus on the entries that will make the championship happen first.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 15:37 (Ref:3159594)   #222
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
We're not arguing, just discussing, and it's staying civil. And yes, I too would like to see LM sportscars at Philip Island. I have to have a chuckle when I picture Philip Island, and then remember the International Circuit at Sandown Park.

Apart from possible European teams, a lot of people probably aren't sure what teams to expect might come out of the woodwork for this series anyway.

Besides, speculation and wishful thinking are the lifeblood of most forums. What's there to discuss if all we ever did is simply post what's been officially announced, and left it at that?
Old 31 Oct 2012, 11:32 (Ref:3160571)   #223
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Jump start! Captain Rémy left the boat ...

http://www.motorsport.com/lemans/new...-from-the-aco/
Old 31 Oct 2012, 11:41 (Ref:3160576)   #224
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Jump start! Captain Rémy left the boat ...

http://www.motorsport.com/lemans/new...-from-the-aco/
Doesn't bode well. Maybe he knew the number of predicted entries and bolted?
Old 31 Oct 2012, 11:47 (Ref:3160579)   #225
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Doesn't bode well. Maybe he knew the number of predicted entries and bolted?
Nope - he got to mission accomplished and is taking up an offer from within the automotive industry