Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Feb 2010, 20:45 (Ref:2635159)   #201
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
We would appreciate a quick translation, just the main not all of it.

Thanks
Sorry,
The next time? I'll think to translate .
Old 17 Feb 2010, 21:02 (Ref:2635167)   #202
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Golden livery for the Rebellion racing, no special commentary in this article.
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-3572.html
Old 17 Feb 2010, 21:45 (Ref:2635203)   #203
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I preferred last year's livery, I think.....
Old 18 Feb 2010, 06:40 (Ref:2635361)   #204
tkelland
Rookie

tkelland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I preferred last year's livery, I think.....
+1. Gold is never my first (or 15th) choice for a car. I wish they could keep red from last year, and then just use a black air-intake, mirrors and such.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 10:24 (Ref:2635440)   #205
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Richard Westbrook is to drive the JMW Aston with Rob Bell and Tim Sugden at Le Mans (According to Autosport Magazine).

Tom.
Old 19 Feb 2010, 00:20 (Ref:2635960)   #206
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Kumpen and Hezemans are a match for any GT1 entry if they will have a good third driver then they will be hard to beat, after all the team and drivers know how to win a 24H enduro.
I would agree. Throw in someone like Menten and they would be quite tough indeed.

DK
Old 19 Feb 2010, 00:23 (Ref:2635962)   #207
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
LAA are a good team but with two entries who will drive with who? Luc Alphand has been announced as has Stephan Gregoire and possibly, Julien Jousse and Xavier Massen. That could make the difference between them being there or abouts. Young Driver AMR will be right up there and possibly PK who will have Kumpen and possibly Mike Hezemans? I'm sure I read somewhere (cant remember where) that Phoenix might support PK at Le Mans.
LAA is (are) a good team but they usually have one less than stellar driver in each car. PK are more likely to have the stronger driver line-up.

DK
Old 19 Feb 2010, 02:56 (Ref:2636000)   #208
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
LAA is (are) a good team but they usually have one less than stellar driver in each car. PK are more likely to have the stronger driver line-up.

DK
I have to agree, if PK can get a strong 3rd driver in they will be strong but on the other hand LAA have much more experience at Le Mans then PK so this will help them too. But then again PK only have only one car and if the Aston and PK fall by the wayside then the winner could be the last one standing then the ball may be in LAA's court. So many variables.....
Old 19 Feb 2010, 16:13 (Ref:2636385)   #209
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Golden livery for the Rebellion racing, no special commentary in this article.
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-3572.html
Change the Swiss Cross to a star, and then it really would look like a Racing for Communism entry....

I hope it goes well for them though, they're really going for it with their plans this year and I hope their gambles pay off. Outwright speed probably won't be an issue, but reliablity will. A top ten finish at la Sarthe would be a result for them.
Old 19 Feb 2010, 16:20 (Ref:2636393)   #210
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Change the Swiss Cross to a star, and then it really would look like a Racing for Communism entry....

I hope it goes well for them though, they're really going for it with their plans this year and I hope their gambles pay off. Outwright speed probably won't be an issue, but reliablity will. A top ten finish at la Sarthe would be a result for them.
Why a reliability issue , the engine is well proven , as should the chassis be .

I would expect a top 6 or 7 would be a more realistic result .
Old 19 Feb 2010, 17:00 (Ref:2636418)   #211
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Why a reliability issue , the engine is well proven , as should the chassis be .

Not sure where I would speculate they would/will finish, but I agree there should be no reliability issues with the package!! Potential for a good run.

L.P.
Old 19 Feb 2010, 18:38 (Ref:2636471)   #212
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

I thought they were building their own engine this year? If not, my mistake, although top 10 would still be respectable.
Old 19 Feb 2010, 18:48 (Ref:2636482)   #213
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I thought they were building their own engine this year? If not, my mistake, although top 10 would still be respectable.
It's more of a branding of the Judd than anything else.

L.P.
Old 21 Feb 2010, 02:53 (Ref:2637426)   #214
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With six factory diesels and the Oreca Peugeot, plus three Lola Astons, a top 6 is going to be a very strong accomplishment.

Audi will not have the attrition this year that they had last year.

My crystal ball is telling me a top 10 would be a good result.
Old 21 Feb 2010, 08:31 (Ref:2637511)   #215
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype View Post
Audi will not have the attrition this year that they had last year.

That's an assumption.

It may seem a pretty safe one, but an assumption nevertheless.....
Old 21 Feb 2010, 09:13 (Ref:2637524)   #216
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That's an assumption.

It may seem a pretty safe one, but an assumption nevertheless.....
Audi is always good for a surprise. Maybe not always a good one, but a surprise!
Im going to be surprised if Audi doesn't face some sort of "new car" problems with the R15+ (ei. dirt stuck in radiators, car running too hot, balancing/speed issues)
Old 21 Feb 2010, 12:53 (Ref:2637642)   #217
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Marco Andretti complets the Rebellion Racing Drivers

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-3606.html
Old 21 Feb 2010, 14:00 (Ref:2637680)   #218
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
Marco Andretti complets the Rebellion Racing Drivers

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-3606.html
Wow, I certainly didn't see that one coming!

Fascinating choice, he was certainly a quick quick in the ALMS. It'll be very interesting to see how he fares at Le Mans, not at all an obvious choice. And I sense from the article he'll be in at the deep end with no actual race seat time in the car prior to Le Mans.

One to watch with great interest!
Old 22 Feb 2010, 07:29 (Ref:2638077)   #219
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wow that's interesting, well his Dad and Grandad have had a go it will be interesting to see how he gets on.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 08:06 (Ref:2638090)   #220
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm pretty sure Rebellion had a say in choosing Marco .. personally I would've hired somebody else .. but he's pretty quick and makes marketing sense US wise

Ciao Marco
Old 22 Feb 2010, 17:19 (Ref:2638400)   #221
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Mixed feelings about Sebastian Loeb has been replaced by Antony Davidson in the Pug, glad Mr Davidson has a drive this year but it would have been interesting to see how Mr Loeb drove and disappointment for the french fans.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 17:25 (Ref:2638404)   #222
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Mixed feelings about Sebastian Loeb has been replaced by Antony Davidson in the Pug, glad Mr Davidson has a drive this year but it would have been interesting to see how Mr Loeb drove and disappointment for the french fans.
wouldn't this comment be better suited in the Peugeot 2010-2011 thread?
Old 22 Feb 2010, 17:39 (Ref:2638413)   #223
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post

So what, no Peugeots are expected at Le Mans?

L.P.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 17:42 (Ref:2638415)   #224
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post

I don't think so - all discussion about Peugeot at Le Mans -in terms of the entry and who will be driving the cars I would expect to see here. Le Mans is Le Mans - that's why we have a dedicated Le Mans subforum....
Old 22 Feb 2010, 17:43 (Ref:2638416)   #225
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just as a matter of interest - any news on whether Stuart Hall is likely to be on the entry list with anyone this year?