Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 1 Jun 2010, 17:23 (Ref:2702657)   #201
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lol cmon!! You cloggies can all speak English DC! I know this after going to Venray stock car racing and being asked what type of tea I wanted at 7am by a kid in Mcdonalds!!

In perfect English!!
Old 1 Jun 2010, 17:27 (Ref:2702660)   #202
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Lol cmon!! You cloggies can all speak English DC! I know this after going to Venray stock car racing and being asked what type of tea I wanted at 7am by a kid in Mcdonalds!!

In perfect English!!
I didn't mean the language I ment info about the "other" drivers... I vote for English being the main language for EU anyday...
Old 1 Jun 2010, 17:54 (Ref:2702677)   #203
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My first rallycross since the Belgium ERC so a few thoughts on my observations of the weekend.

Firstly the work on the joker section has improved the racing and spectacle tenfold, the racing was good all weekend, alot closer racing and alot more overtaking than last years event.

Couldn't understand why Ludvig was excluded, bit harsh I thought. He held his line just beat Liam into the first corner yet was deemed to have caused the incident. Can see him packing the sport in again if the organisers are not careful.

As regards Liam Doran, personally I like a bit of nastiness, Ludvig himself said its all a bit to friendly amongst the leading competitors, the guy's certainly got talent and that bit of edginess certainly makes things more interesting, he reminds me a bit of the de Rooy's to be honest, and of course Martin Schanche was always very volitile in the pits, lost count of the amount of times I witnessed him kicking off about something of other and these guys are regarded as legends. Also who remembers Pat Doran getting Richard Hutton by the throat at the Brands GP?, um

Having said all that I did think the event conveniently slowed down a bit after Liam's shunt, perhaps
Old 1 Jun 2010, 18:15 (Ref:2702692)   #204
MESHGA
Racer

MESHGA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have no intention of being any bodies PR ,RS200
I meant you have to be very carefull on here as from 1 who knows you can get picked on from a great height if you say the wrong thing about some people .
Ok it has been said its good for a bit of lets say doranism but if rallycross is going to go to the dizzy heights some want ,surely every body needs to look like a pro and say what you think and leave their feelings away from eyes and behind closed doors?
Maybe MSA C of C should have the power like in oval racing regardless who you are Load them Up and at next committee meeting get a ban for a few months
A leason from a Mr M Webber could be a good idea !

Last edited by MESHGA; 1 Jun 2010 at 18:23.
Old 1 Jun 2010, 19:03 (Ref:2702719)   #205
rs 200
Racer

rs 200 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MESHGA View Post
I have no intention of being any bodies PR ,RS200
I meant you have to be very carefull on here as from 1 who knows you can get picked on from a great height if you say the wrong thing about some people .
Ok it has been said its good for a bit of lets say doranism but if rallycross is going to go to the dizzy heights some want ,surely every body needs to look like a pro and say what you think and leave their feelings away from eyes and behind closed doors?
Maybe MSA C of C should have the power like in oval racing regardless who you are Load them Up and at next committee meeting get a ban for a few months
A leason from a Mr M Webber could be a good idea !
my point we have just got back euro round after all them years we had usa on board as well tv and you get this from a so called professional driver .
There was more which i will not say (not liam) unless i see it again as that was the first time i have seen anything like it in 20 odd years of rallycross i dont doubt it has happened before from drivers but it was not good from where i was standing,

as from that good driving from all ,i do not like chessons drift when you have a good look at it from the high banking on back straight ,and you need to walk round to see for yourselves it is a 1 car corner now if you get off the tarmac which was dirt you are in the crash rail, no more drifts all the way round so that corner now is near on impossible to overtake now.
i see steve hill out there tony bardy,duval and i think it was caused by the concrete start of chessons as cars were taking under trays off like no tomorrow and losing braking so then going wide off the tarmac on the loose then in crash rail ,this corner before was for the drivers out there to have a go ,but now its down to the joker ,if only they moved it round more to the exit we could still have that nice chessons drit and a joker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyjIZ5vDJ5c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwtLcwlhUCk

Last edited by rs 200; 1 Jun 2010 at 19:25.
Old 1 Jun 2010, 19:27 (Ref:2702736)   #206
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs 200 View Post
my point we have just got back euro round after all them years we had usa on board as well tv and you get this from a so called professional driver .
There was more which i will not say (not liam) unless i see it again as that was the first time i have seen anything like it in 20 odd years of rallycross i dont doubt it has happened before from drivers but it was not good from where i was standing,

as from that good driving from all ,i do not like chessons drift when you have a good look at it from the high banking on back straight ,and you need to walk round to see for yourselves it is a 1 car corner now if you get off the tarmac which was dirt you are in the crash rail, no more drifts all the way round so that corner now is near on impossible to overtake now.
i see steve hill out there tony bardy,duval and i think it was caused by the concrete start of chessons as cars were taking under trays off like no tomorrow and losing braking so then going wide off the tarmac on the loose then in crash rail ,this corner before was for the drivers out there to have a go ,but now its down to the joker ,if only they moved it round more to the exit we could still have that nice chessons drit and a joker
Ok, I have now totally lost it (the story)... But I almost forgot the Jokerlap... I totally hated that thing during the weekend! I really, really can't see why nobody is protesting againt it! They really sh**t the people who invented it! About 50% of the heats were seperated races. I've even heard people asking: "who is leading?", "Is he leading", "no, he has to do his joker" and some belgians: "da jokeren da moet'n ze gelijk mee stoppen".

The same as for the categories in Div 1a and 2. I've heard: "So Div 2 is quicker?" "No it's about the same", "Oh, but it's 2 liter right?", "Yes but Div 1a is modified 1600", "Div 2 is not modified?", "Well ehh, that's showroom class", "So like stock?", "But it's RWD, thats modified right?", "Well Div 1a is supermodified and Div 2 is slightly modified", "And they both perform the same", "Ehh".
Old 1 Jun 2010, 20:01 (Ref:2702764)   #207
MESHGA
Racer

MESHGA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs 200 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyjIZ5vDJ5c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwtLcwlhUCk

After looking at these videos I have to agree with you

I have done many hundreds of laps over 20 plus years to recent times and i can say what a fxxk up! How can 3 to 5 cars now race into the first

I just cant wait to they get board and leave" THE HOME" alone.
Old 1 Jun 2010, 20:48 (Ref:2702796)   #208
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Small correction Pat didn't get Hutton round the throat at Brands all those years ago he just walked up and thumped him in front of me and 15000 other witnesses! It wasn't even Richards fault!
Old 1 Jun 2010, 20:55 (Ref:2702797)   #209
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It is a stupid idea come to think of it to have the joker at the first bend.

the ones in Belgium, Poland and Czecho work ok and Nyirad, as theya re not into the first bend and dont force drivers across each other and into very hazardous situations.

We have now seen incidents at Portugal (track should never ever have been on schedule anyway) and Lydden. And have seen similar at others.

First bend joker laps dont work, they are too dangerous. Not sure what else can be done at Lydden, but that one doesnt work, leads to awful racing and stupid decisions with drivers listening to teams on the headphones instead of doing their own thing.

team radio should be banned, utterly needless expense.
Old 1 Jun 2010, 21:59 (Ref:2702838)   #210
QuarterRik
Rookie

Belgium
Roeselare
QuarterRik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a very good weekend,nice races,lots of spectacular action.
Duval could be more front ended when he had not made stupid mistake in the third heat.
Crash between Doran & Hunsbeth,who is pussing who????

What a difference between Faust and Duval,when you ark something to them.Duval have to work on his attitude,he´s got a great tallent.
He just needs some media lessons from Tanner.

Look for more of my pictures here: http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d9...%20Parmentier/

Nice to shortley meet you Mark USrallycross.

Last edited by QuarterRik; 1 Jun 2010 at 22:10.
Old 1 Jun 2010, 22:19 (Ref:2702851)   #211
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The joker thing is annoying particually at Lydden, firstly because its before the 1st corner of the 1st lap,secondly because its on the last corner of the last lap & thirdly because it buggered up Chesson corner (sorry cant call it Drift anymore),that new barrier should at least be curved which would get some of the corner back & wouldnt effect the joker exit.

I understand drivers like the joker idea & maybe it leads to less 1st corner damage but for spectators i think it spoils the racing & confuses the tv viewer as it is hard to cover. The Swedes have given alot of good things to rallycross but this is'nt one of them.

As a compromise & I have suggested this before use the joker for the heats where it is all about getting a good time & no joker in the finals where it is all about position.
Old 1 Jun 2010, 23:42 (Ref:2702879)   #212
Hog
Racer

Hog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally I can't stand the Joker Lap. To me it spoils the whole essence of Rallycross which is good fast close racing. off the line you've got cars heading in all directions, which before long is going to cause a huge accident when someone gets railroaded into the barriers by someone on the inside wanting to take their Joker off the start.

And besides the safety element - it just ruins the racing IMO. Each race becomes a 200 metre dash to the line as the race only begins when everyone has done their Joker lap!

Oh well - what does my opinion matter........

On the whole a good weekend. The usual "lets knock the marshals" crew have stayed thankfully quiet for once. And for those of you knocking the commentary - give the guy a break - thrown in at the deep end at short notice, and keeping the mic flowing is never an easy task.

Has anyone got any decent pics of Frank Valle's car please?

Roll on August for hopefully warmer weather!! You never know the 6ft redhead might turn up with my coffee at long last
Old 2 Jun 2010, 02:38 (Ref:2702936)   #213
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post

http://i2.bebo.com/052b/1/large/2010...549620469l.jpg

http://i2.bebo.com/050b/15/large/201...549620527l.jpg

URL: http://www.bebo.com/c/photos/album_d...Id=12549612764
Old 2 Jun 2010, 07:54 (Ref:2703002)   #214
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
Personally I can't stand the Joker Lap. To me it spoils the whole essence of Rallycross which is good fast close racing. off the line you've got cars heading in all directions, which before long is going to cause a huge accident when someone gets railroaded into the barriers by someone on the inside wanting to take their Joker off the start.

And besides the safety element - it just ruins the racing IMO. Each race becomes a 200 metre dash to the line as the race only begins when everyone has done their Joker lap!

Oh well - what does my opinion matter........

On the whole a good weekend. The usual "lets knock the marshals" crew have stayed thankfully quiet for once. And for those of you knocking the commentary - give the guy a break - thrown in at the deep end at short notice, and keeping the mic flowing is never an easy task.

Roll on August for hopefully warmer weather!! You never know the 6ft redhead might turn up with my coffee at long last
Not just your opinion but when does anyone at the FIA ever listen to spectators or marshalls? Remember all the changes that have happened with the joker & chessons were FIA requirements.

I agree never easy to be thrown into the commentry box like that but no excuse for not giving out basic information, and maybe less time reading out pointless texts that meant nothing to anyone apart from those involved & more time actually concentrating on the event would have been better.

Maybe in time someone with a knowledge & passion for rallycross could be given the chance to become a commentator rather than using a commentator from another form of motorsport as has happened in the past when Arthur hasnt been available.

Thought you guys on the start line & in the forming up area did a great job all weekend, hardly any delays apart from those out of your control & again this must help to secure another event next year
Old 2 Jun 2010, 09:01 (Ref:2703032)   #215
Adam Walker 36
Rookie

Adam Walker 36 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to commentate! Those of you that know me could vouch that i'd do a pretty decent job! We were sat in the re-opened area just after the start and of course there was no commentry there. My parents and friends weren't too botherd without commentry as they had me and i could tell them whats going on . Any body got any ideas of who'd i'd have to get in touch with?

Adam.
Old 2 Jun 2010, 09:41 (Ref:2703065)   #216
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not quite at the standard of some of the other shots posted here...

...but I'm getting there! Full set of pictures can be seen here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2296161...7624187231622/
Old 2 Jun 2010, 09:56 (Ref:2703071)   #217
B Friendly
Racer

United Kingdom
East Yorkshire
B Friendly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing cars View Post
Thought you guys on the start line & in the forming up area did a great job all weekend, hardly any delays apart from those out of your control & again this must help to secure another event next year
Thanks for that, the only 'delays' on dummy grid was for the waiting of the 'prima donna' division 1 drivers! Tanner Foust was brilliant for turning up, he turned up for the last div 1 race when the first races were being gridded up!
Old 2 Jun 2010, 10:16 (Ref:2703086)   #218
rallyloverke
Racer

rallyloverke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My pictures are here :

http://picasaweb.google.be/Rallylove...ERCLyddenHill#
and so far some are here : http://picasaweb.google.be/Rallylover0710/Lydden3#
(i made a mistake by uploading, we were just home yesterday evening, more pictures will follow)

Comments are always welcome :-)
ps : the last link will disappear after i rearranged the pictures :-)

Old 2 Jun 2010, 19:03 (Ref:2703386)   #219
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great picture!

The picture with Liam Doran is very good!
Old 2 Jun 2010, 21:46 (Ref:2703483)   #220
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyloverke View Post
Superb picture! Those Rallycross tyres aren't exactly low profile tyres (by today standards), but Liam is pushing the car so hard it nearly runs on the rim of the wheels!
Old 2 Jun 2010, 21:52 (Ref:2703487)   #221
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuarterRik View Post
What a difference between Faust and Duval,when you ark something to them.Duval have to work on his attitude,he´s got a great tallent.
He just needs some media lessons from Tanner.
Totally agree with that! I found Duval very entertaining on the circuit, pushing and really hunting the others, nice! But in the paddock he was tucked away. Maybe the attitude is because he is a former WRC driver? Or maybe he's just not good with press, like Kimi was in F1?

I think in general the Americans are better with presentations, PR and related stuff like presentation on Internet and YouTube.

Would be nice to see them both do more rounds of the ERC! Is Tanner coming to Belgium and Sweden?
Old 3 Jun 2010, 04:16 (Ref:2703592)   #222
polle
Rookie

polle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, this is his race calender for this year :

2010 Competition Calendar
APR 9-10 FORMULA DRIFT: LONG BEACH, CA
APR 17 TOYOTA PRO/CELEBRITY RACE: LONG BEACH, CA
MAY 1-2 FIA EUROPEAN RALLY CROSS: MONTALEGRE, PORTUGAL
MAY 7-8 FORMULA DRIFT: BRASELTON, GA
MAY 30-31 FIA EUROPEAN RALLY CROSS: LYDDEN HILL, ENGLAND
JUN 4-5 FORMULA DRIFT: ENGLISHTOWN, NJ
JULY 3-4 FIA EUROPEAN RALLY CROSS: HOLJES, SWEDEN
JUL 9-10 FORMULA DRIFT: MONROE, WA
JULY 31 X GAMES RALLY: LOS ANGELES, CA
AUG 7-8: FIA EUROPEAN RALLY CROSS: MAASMECHELEN, BELGIUM
AUG 14-15 FIA EUROPEAN RALLYCROSS: ESTERING, DEU
Old 3 Jun 2010, 05:39 (Ref:2703605)   #223
Gloves
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Gloves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liam was the only driver I saw with glowing brake discs at the botom of the hill going into paddock.....
Old 3 Jun 2010, 08:43 (Ref:2703691)   #224
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice to learn that more and more people become fed up with that joke called 'Joker Lap'!

The worst thing ever happened to RX!
Old 3 Jun 2010, 09:26 (Ref:2703716)   #225
Rallycrossfreak
Rookie

Rallycrossfreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
Nice to learn that more and more people become fed up with that joke called 'Joker Lap'!

The worst thing ever happened to RX!
Please stay at home if you don't like the joker, .... (RX Guru: respect but you are living in the past) If you prefer crashes, damage and hurted drivers, than I can understand your opinion!

Tracks without jokerlap caused damage to cars and drivers, why won't you understand this? The cars of today are too expensive for puching all together in the first corner. I want to see races with nice drivelines! Not 3 damaged cars and two cars who went over the finishline. Look at the heavy damage the last ERC races at Valkenswaard, Buxtehude, France(Essay) ...

Stop blaiming this Jokerlap, the jokerlap is necessary for the future of our sport. Look at Hunsbedt and Doran last weekend, even with the jokerlap it was not possible with three to drive to the first corner on a sportive way !!!

Last edited by Rallycrossfreak; 3 Jun 2010 at 09:31.