Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 Sep 2002, 08:48 (Ref:388670)   #201
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it open only to cars that have actually taken part in the past or is it any cars of the same model type?
Old 26 Sep 2002, 09:08 (Ref:388677)   #202
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This tiem it was actual competitors by preference - some exact equal I think were also accepted in the second trawl
Old 26 Sep 2002, 09:10 (Ref:388678)   #203
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Which explains the 512M. It was a nut-and-bolt recreation, rather than a Maranello car. Which is why they wouldn't let it run.
Old 26 Sep 2002, 09:17 (Ref:388682)   #204
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
A wider - an innocent question : why was there not more 917 on the spot ? Too rare ? Not in state of running ? Too far to come (i.e. : located in USA...) ?
Old 26 Sep 2002, 09:44 (Ref:388693)   #205
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Apparently there were two others entered, no idea why they didn't show, though.

Here's my question for the morning - Autosport's reporting an accident which "destroyed a Renault Alpine". Do they really mean destroyed? Does anyone have any word about this, and on the assumption that the driver's okay, otherwise we would have heard something, have we really lost a car this weekend?
Old 26 Sep 2002, 09:46 (Ref:388694)   #206
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by TimD
Apparently there were two others entered, no idea why they didn't show, though.

Here's my question for the morning - Autosport's reporting an accident which "destroyed a Renault Alpine". Do they really mean destroyed? Does anyone have any word about this, and on the assumption that the driver's okay, otherwise we would have heard something, have we really lost a car this weekend?
The car (sorry, don't know exactly which one for the moment) was burnt out, as I understand it. The driver (again, sorry, don't know who) received burns also, but not too severe. That's all I know, gleaned from a marshall at the Porsche Curves.
Old 26 Sep 2002, 09:48 (Ref:388695)   #207
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ouch! Well, as long as the driver's going to be okay, that's the important thing.
Old 26 Sep 2002, 09:49 (Ref:388699)   #208
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Knowing how fair and honest the ACO are then the most likely car to get accepted would have to be French.
Old 26 Sep 2002, 09:56 (Ref:388708)   #209
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

If I can remember, it was the Alpine M63 running the fourth category during the night, and Besson was the pilot (not Jean-Luc !)...

No injuries reported so far, but...
Old 26 Sep 2002, 10:11 (Ref:388722)   #210
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now you come to mention it Fab, I believe you're right.
Old 26 Sep 2002, 10:12 (Ref:388723)   #211
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by josvandeperre
Funny that - I thought I saw a 908/3 spyder with high tail running but its not on the entry list - then again as noted above there was supposed to be a 512M which I never saw
I'm pretty sure this is the car you're thinking about.....
Attached Thumbnails
38(1).jpg  
Old 26 Sep 2002, 10:14 (Ref:388727)   #212
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It was obviously wrongly described in the programme, but I don't know much more than that, except that I think it was driven by a man and a woman (who spent a lot of time posing in the paddock and elsewhere - very pretty!) (My apologies if you're out there reading this - I tell it as I see it!!).

Here's my one other shot.....
Attached Thumbnails
38(2).jpg  
Old 26 Sep 2002, 10:25 (Ref:388731)   #213
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You'll have to pardon me guys and galls, but I'm on a bit of a roll with the scanner here.

How shall I entitle this one? Simply Gorgeous are the words that come to mind.......
Attached Thumbnails
917.jpg  
Old 26 Sep 2002, 10:28 (Ref:388733)   #214
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
.....and just one more. Spot the 10/10ths members..........

(They were in the ACO grandstand, I was in the pits.....!!)
Attached Thumbnails
who.jpg  
Old 26 Sep 2002, 11:11 (Ref:388758)   #215
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tin - is Autosport worth getting this week for their revue of what happened ?
Old 26 Sep 2002, 11:35 (Ref:388772)   #216
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Funny you should ask that.....

I've just read the Autosport report of the weekend.

It took me 30 seconds.

Am I being unfair in saying that the report is a pathetic review of the weekend?
Old 26 Sep 2002, 11:42 (Ref:388778)   #217
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
.....and just one more. Spot the 10/10ths members..........

(They were in the ACO grandstand, I was in the pits.....!!)
The question is "who is who" !

What we saw from this point, FG and me...

Here's the game : find the two TTenthers on this pic...

Old 26 Sep 2002, 11:45 (Ref:388779)   #218
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
How shall I entitle this one ?
It's a... Porsche ? Or somethin' like that ?

Hope you have it in High Def... you lucky guy... think you'll see next start of LM from the crowed, to punish you !
Old 26 Sep 2002, 11:46 (Ref:388780)   #219
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
For all Autosport cared, I don't think they needed to have sent anyone to cover the race.

Actually, I suspect they probably didn't.

Autosport officially once again fails to live up to its self-styled authoritative status. Jim Bamber's usual hackneyed unfunny contribution got about as much in the way of column inches.
Old 26 Sep 2002, 11:55 (Ref:388789)   #220
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
I've could killed someone (not litteraly, I mean !) to have a press pass !!! If they don't want to come, I'm a volonteer to wander all around on LM track to take pictures at their place !!!
Old 26 Sep 2002, 12:00 (Ref:388794)   #221
PhilD
Rookie

PhilD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi to Ayse and Fab Thanks for Classic photos
and info. My eyes are too dim to see faces let alone who is who
Canada Phil
Old 26 Sep 2002, 12:29 (Ref:388804)   #222
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by PhilD
Canada Phil

Good to hear from you Phil - you should have been there - fantastic! Yes, Stoffer and I are crowded around Willie and Whizzo's very sick Lister. Pictures to come in due course (in the usual place!).
Old 26 Sep 2002, 13:41 (Ref:388846)   #223
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by PhilD
Canada Phil
Hi there Phil !

Shame you couldn't be there : you missed something ! But I don't want to point it ...

Well, a clue to find Ayse : he's focusing on the bonnet' car with the camera at the hand...

Another clue for Stoffer : he's got a nice - and classy ! - pink shirt... Well, I've to admit that it's difficult to point him (he's in the back), you've to know him before... And the pink shirt doesn't look pink on the picture, but... well, let's say clear ?

For FG and me : I'm looking at the Dunlop curve, FG's looking opposite...

Last edited by Fab; 26 Sep 2002 at 13:46.
Old 27 Sep 2002, 08:40 (Ref:389589)   #224
the18racer
Rookie

the18racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Autosport report was pretty pathetic, wasn't it?
And, yes, Stoffer, I did have a good birthday despite still suffering from the awful cold which I had all weekend. Funnily enough the cold didn't bother me at all when I was driving the "D"- probably because I was so scared by the whole experience. I know this is starting to sound like The Racing Driver's Book Of Excuses, but it really was difficult- the panel lights ceased to function so I couldn't see the rev counter, and so Scott and I got one of those "headband torches" from the toolkit and tank-taped (is there such a verb?) it to the gearbox cover for the race. It lasted two laps....
Old 27 Sep 2002, 14:20 (Ref:389824)   #225
Stoffer Green
Rookie

Stoffer Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Mark!
I didn't know about your idea of the torch. Poor old Scott, you had him beavering away in the middle of the night! Your story reminds me of Henry Taylor driving the Murkett Brothers D type at Oulton Park many years ago, in his case they had to put sticky tape over the speedometer so that he couldn't see how fast he was going. He was a very quick driver who became someone very important in the Ford Competition department amongst other claims to fame.
Regards Stoffer