Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: So who is going to win it!
Lewis Hamilton 20 48.78%
Kimi Raikkonen 12 29.27%
Fernando Alonso 9 21.95%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 Sep 2007, 17:49 (Ref:2027126)   #201
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope Alfonso crashes again.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 18:39 (Ref:2027172)   #202
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmunky
I hope Alfonso crashes again.

I never understand these posts. Why in heavens name would you want him to do that? Not attacking you just an observation I am interested to know..
Old 30 Sep 2007, 18:56 (Ref:2027194)   #203
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would really like Alonso to take maximum points and Lewis to have a mechanical failure next round so we go to Brazil with a tight fight.

Won't happen obviously.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 18:58 (Ref:2027197)   #204
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
2nd that Knowlesy
Old 30 Sep 2007, 20:05 (Ref:2027273)   #205
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well, I'd still rather Kimi than the two children driving McLarens, but it seems Lewis pretty much has it wrapped up.
Raikkonen just wasn't quick enough at the start of the season. He's come on song now though. Hopefully for him next year he can hit the ground running from the off, because he will then be quite formidable.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 20:10 (Ref:2027279)   #206
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
I never understand these posts. Why in heavens name would you want him to do that? Not attacking you just an observation I am interested to know..
Well I for one hate Alonso's actions and comments this year, a shame as his reputation has been touched. But that's him, let him go cry to another team and ruin that team and try and let Mclaren pick up the pieces after what Alonso has caused.

I cheered when Alonso crashed out. Fact is, Alonso made many mistakes, he wasn't on the pace of Hamilton, and crashed out. Hamilton drove a flawless race in terrible conditions with the lack of experience he has, Hamilton drove like a champion. It's Hamilton's championship to lose now. I for one hope deeply Lewis wins. I hope Kimmi comes 2nd.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 20:14 (Ref:2027284)   #207
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cheering crashes, classy. Have I walked into the BTCC forum?
Old 30 Sep 2007, 20:15 (Ref:2027285)   #208
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzer
Head says Hamilton now, Heart still says Kimi as always, but it's nigh on impossible now!
Huh, first thing that came to my mind was Patrick Head...
Old 30 Sep 2007, 20:34 (Ref:2027296)   #209
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Well I for one hate Alonso's actions and comments this year, a shame as his reputation has been touched. But that's him, let him go cry to another team and ruin that team and try and let Mclaren pick up the pieces after what Alonso has caused.

I cheered when Alonso crashed out. Fact is, Alonso made many mistakes, he wasn't on the pace of Hamilton, and crashed out. Hamilton drove a flawless race in terrible conditions with the lack of experience he has, Hamilton drove like a champion. It's Hamilton's championship to lose now. I for one hope deeply Lewis wins. I hope Kimmi comes 2nd.

Human nature is an interesting study..I was sad for Fernando Alonso when he had his crash but that is just me..too each his own..
Old 30 Sep 2007, 20:35 (Ref:2027298)   #210
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Cheering crashes, classy. Have I walked into the BTCC forum?
You're neutral so I wouldn't expect you to. I know if someone scored against Arsenal you'd cheer. If you were a fan of someone you'd be pleased they retired so it helps your driver.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 20:43 (Ref:2027303)   #211
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Attack the post please not the poster...
Old 30 Sep 2007, 20:47 (Ref:2027306)   #212
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
How am I attacking Knowles, I was merely explaining my view that he previously brought up by saying about BTCC. I will get us back on topic, I think it's pretty much Hamilton's to lose and Alonso realizes it. I am very happy after the race because it was the perfect race for Lewis with the situation.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 20:55 (Ref:2027310)   #213
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
I agree Lewis did a great race as the drivers like to say..It can still go either way, right down to the wire...
Old 30 Sep 2007, 21:04 (Ref:2027320)   #214
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
...and Alonso's race was great too... for Hamilton's championship
Old 30 Sep 2007, 21:38 (Ref:2027343)   #215
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Jeremy said, human nature is a fascinating study...

Talking of which: yes we know the maths about what Lewis only needs to do, or what Fernando needs to do, (yada yada yada)...but what does fascinate me is driver psychology, and how they approach races...and what Fernando said shortly after the race struck me about how methodical he is, given the short space of time to really reflect on the events of the race and what it all meant.

Ok, so the interview he gave as he made his way back to the pits, he said he needs a miracle..."otherwise it's over" (in his own words)...but shortly afterwards he says he goes into the next two races free to race in a much more relaxed manner, because it all now depends on a failure from Lewis, rather than himself winning the races...he can't really do much else.

It's almost as though from the moment he got out the car, to making that interview, he's been thinking about what has happened and what it all means, and has tried to immediately reason with himself to find a mental state he can be content with, yet still have the motivation to race...to leave this episode firmly behind.

It's nothing to do with Alonso as such, but just generally how drivers of his calibre approach things, races...situations, championships. It's like last year, Michael was initially a bit disconcerted his championship chances had blown (pardon the pun), but very quickly he genuinely looked like he found a zen within him to approach the final race for the constructors and his final race, rather than about the championship, even though he could have still won it if Alonso had a failure.

I've seen very few drivers over the years who can genuinely shake off a bad race or championship situation so quickly (within a matter of hours), and so genuinely, to find an immediate alternative state of focus...like they've trained themselves to keep disappointment and upset at arms length so it never really gets to infect their state of mind for the following races or championships.

It's a lot harder to do in practice than we mere mortals realise, as this really is what the drivers get up for every morning...their life...and I really don't think most drivers are able to hnadle it quite as well (despite them trying to show like they're shrugging it off after a race).

Anyway, I find driver psychology more fascinating than a championship at times...it's sometimes quite awe-inspiring how tough they force themselves to be, because they have to be. Most of all though, the methodical rearrangement of thoughts and approaches inside their heads, unfolding before us as we hear them give interviews and speak their mind...and then translates on the track...really is intriguing.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 22:28 (Ref:2027376)   #216
f1truestory
Racer

f1truestory has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i can see hamilton is the next schumacher (as bad), but the difference is he's driving a stolen ferrari with a big head.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 22:40 (Ref:2027391)   #217
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A (very sick) part of me wants a Hamilton DNF and an Alonso win in the next race.

I'll be in a pub for the Brazilian GP (probably the Sports Cafe - 100 TV's and chicken wings, you can't go wrong!) and I want it to be ridiculously tense!
Old 30 Sep 2007, 23:02 (Ref:2027400)   #218
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1truestory
i can see hamilton is the next schumacher (as bad), but the difference is he's driving a stolen ferrari with a big head.
hmmm...not too sure about the "Ferrari" bit (but he does drive it like he stole it) and I don't really understand the "big head" bit either.

Chances of Hamilton deservedly winning the championship are quite high I would say.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 01:58 (Ref:2027471)   #219
willb
Racer

willb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
darn. they fixed their error about hamilton leading hamilton by 12 points (see previous post) and now have it as hamilton leading alonso by 12 points. i can't edit that one. must have been james allen who did the original.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 13:57 (Ref:2027910)   #220
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, I don't really get how Hamilton has a big head. I mean, he's bound to be confident in his ability. Most drivers don't get as far if they don't have a certain level of self-belief/confidence.

Just seen this quote from Alonso. (Not sure it best fits in this thread, but I thought it was worth mentioning somewhere at least.)

"If we are not together next year and I have a competitive car, then fine, and if we have to stay together we'll have another beautiful fight." This is the attitude towards the challenge of beating Hamilton that he should have accepted earlier in the year. As I've said before, it's no great shame to lose to a driver as talented as Hamilton. Just because he is rookie, there is no shame in losing to him as he's clearly a rather exceptional driver.

Alonso has obviously been very quick himself this year, but I feel he has made so many mistakes, and Hamilton so few, that Lewis should get credit for that. The said credit may be the winning of the world championship.

Either way, I'm pretty confident it'll be a McLaren driver who wins it
Old 1 Oct 2007, 20:58 (Ref:2028299)   #221
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nice to see he's putting it into perspective...better than fans of the sport!!

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlin...01094000.shtml

of course...only a cynic would think his reference to his childhood financial struggles was a dig at Lewis...
Old 2 Oct 2007, 13:23 (Ref:2028922)   #222
Patrick Fletche
Racer

Patrick Fletche has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1truestory
I think he is not anywhere near as good a driver as MS was. And he is also far less sporting.
We see the Hamilton chop nearly every race when someone get's near overtaking him. This weekend he chopped Kubica and Kubica got the blame.
Also, in apalling conditions and behind the safety car he repeatedly brake test the whole pack with maximum G braking at unexpected moments, this lead directly to the Webber crash.

And he has supreme arrogance. Just look at this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7016137.stm

You never got all this bad behavior with Nigel or Damon or any other world champion.

Unfortunately certain so called "fans" and certain sectors of the press only see him through rose tinted glasses. Mainly because he is British. Well I am British and I would like to see British drivers who are true sportsmen, not petulant, unsporting brats like Hamilton.

I bet he is by far the most unpopular F1 driver with the others on the grid, the monkeys as he calls them.
Old 2 Oct 2007, 13:39 (Ref:2028933)   #223
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Fletche
I think he is not anywhere near as good a driver as MS was. And he is also far less sporting.
We see the Hamilton chop nearly every race when someone get's near overtaking him. This weekend he chopped Kubica and Kubica got the blame.
Also, in apalling conditions and behind the safety car he repeatedly brake test the whole pack with maximum G braking at unexpected moments, this lead directly to the Webber crash.

And he has supreme arrogance. Just look at this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7016137.stm

You never got all this bad behavior with Nigel or Damon or any other world champion.

Unfortunately certain so called "fans" and certain sectors of the press only see him through rose tinted glasses. Mainly because he is British. Well I am British and I would like to see British drivers who are true sportsmen, not petulant, unsporting brats like Hamilton.

I bet he is by far the most unpopular F1 driver with the others on the grid, the monkeys as he calls them.
Are you Wes Graves
Are you Wes Graves
Are you Wes Graves in disguise?
Are you Wes Graves in disguise?
Old 2 Oct 2007, 14:02 (Ref:2028956)   #224
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I honestly don't see what is arrogant about that. If I worked with someone I didn't get along with, chances are I'd probably be happy for them to leave.

Quote:
As much as I love Nigel Mansell it can't be denied that on occasion he was capable of petulance and indeed arrogance. He also had very strained relationships with a number of his team-mates (Piquet / Andretti / Prost), just as Lewis has with Alonso.
Old 2 Oct 2007, 14:27 (Ref:2028969)   #225
Patrick Fletche
Racer

Patrick Fletche has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
I honestly don't see what is arrogant about that. If I worked with someone I didn't get along with, chances are I'd probably be happy for them to leave.

As much as I love Nigel Mansell it can't be denied that on occasion he was capable of petulance and indeed arrogance. He also had very strained relationships with a number of his team-mates (Piquet / Andretti / Prost), just as Lewis has with Alonso.
Yes. But the main thing Hamilton talks about is Alonso, bad mouthing his team mate to the press at every opportunity.
This is unprecedented.
Ron should do something about it.