Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 17 Oct 2013, 06:49 (Ref:3318759)   #2251
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Blimey there's a lot of old ****ers on here isn't there.
Cheeky b*s***d ! if I was younger I'd clip you round the ear !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Oct 2013, 08:00 (Ref:3318797)   #2252
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Cheeky b*s***d ! if I was younger I'd clip you round the ear !
Gordon, the silly kid can't even spell soldiers correctly.

C- for spelling Tim.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 08:23 (Ref:3318806)   #2253
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
One other old git at Silverstone Pre 93s race 2 12 Oct 2013 Some good action at start and towards end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afcr-JF-ft4
Old 17 Oct 2013, 09:43 (Ref:3318852)   #2254
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I am now officially old, I've been invited to do the Victor Meldrew, I don't bloody believe it.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 10:55 (Ref:3318870)   #2255
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
That's not old! It was me that inspired the thing in the first place.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 12:18 (Ref:3318907)   #2256
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I am now officially old, I've been invited to do the Victor Meldrew, I don't bloody believe it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
That's old! It was me that inspired the thing in the first place.
My point exactly.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 13:57 (Ref:3318945)   #2257
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I haven't and Im Victor one , must be that Im not miserable enough .
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 17 Oct 2013, 16:03 (Ref:3319014)   #2258
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Just like to say thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! Apologies for late response but have had no internet access for few days. Birthday was celebrated in pensioner style with an 'awesome' cliff top mountain bike ride between Lagos and Luz, accompanied by Delta. Then we consumed the odd beer and sandwich on beach before cycling back again. Supper in the beach restaurant finished off the day and I slept like a log!

Now at Portimao circuit for second two hour race in two weekends. Car survived Jerez (rear brakes shoes didn't) and we were gifted class win when only other car in it broke! More competition this weekend....

BTW haven't seen a drop of rain whole trip. Hope UK has also been enjoying same good weather!

Old 17 Oct 2013, 18:14 (Ref:3319081)   #2259
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Even more belated birthday wishes Mike.....although I'm only a year behind you it encourages me to see you setting such standards of fitness......so long as I'm not expected to match them!

Well done on the last result and good luck for this weekend!
Old 17 Oct 2013, 21:00 (Ref:3319166)   #2260
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce View Post
I haven't and Im Victor one , must be that Im not miserable enough .
Same here Eric (Victor 5) Spain is warmer in November
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Oct 2013, 17:07 (Ref:3320598)   #2261
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have just watched Leonardo Dicaprio in Gangs of New York. Gordon appears to have taken the part of the local catholic priest.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 17:15 (Ref:3320601)   #2262
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
I have just watched Leonardo Dicaprio in Gangs of New York. Gordon appears to have taken the part of the local catholic priest.

Forgive me Father for I have sinned.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 20:08 (Ref:3320681)   #2263
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
They never paid me for that, I'll have to get on to my agent !
Old 21 Oct 2013, 06:45 (Ref:3320840)   #2264
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So do you have to be 65 to become a 'Victor Meldrew' or is it more of a mentality issue?
Old 21 Oct 2013, 06:54 (Ref:3320845)   #2265
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
So do you have to be 65 to become a 'Victor Meldrew' or is it more of a mentality issue?
No there is no age limit but you certainly have to be mental !
Old 21 Oct 2013, 07:13 (Ref:3320853)   #2266
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I must confess that I always much preferred 'Waiting for God' to 'One Foot in the Grave' and so I'd want to be more of a Tom Ballard than a Victor Meldrew.
Old 21 Oct 2013, 08:56 (Ref:3320892)   #2267
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Don't worry John, you qualify on both counts.
Old 21 Oct 2013, 09:21 (Ref:3320909)   #2268
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Thanks, Bob; you were a great teacher and example to follow!
Old 21 Oct 2013, 09:51 (Ref:3320923)   #2269
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Thanks, Bob; you were a great teacher and example to follow!
Touche!
Old 21 Oct 2013, 14:25 (Ref:3321053)   #2270
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
For those of the 'Victor Meldrew' persuasion, I notice that that my 'sign on badge' has been skillfully hijacked and edited by a mod to make reference to my hatred of #tags.
So far, my suspicions rest with Peter Mallett or Tim Falce - but does anybody else want to confess?

#leavemealone.

Last edited by johngee; 21 Oct 2013 at 14:35.
Old 21 Oct 2013, 14:46 (Ref:3321065)   #2271
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Nowt to do with me, John, I promise!
Old 21 Oct 2013, 15:03 (Ref:3321075)   #2272
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There are only a small handful of people with the admin rights to change user titles.

However, I'm sure they will be more than happy to sit back and let Messrs Mallett and Falce take the blame.

Old 21 Oct 2013, 15:36 (Ref:3321109)   #2273
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Your name is on the list, Pike!
Old 21 Oct 2013, 15:58 (Ref:3321120)   #2274
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
For those of the 'Victor Meldrew' persuasion, I notice that that my 'sign on badge' has been skillfully hijacked and edited by a mod to make reference to my hatred of #tags.
So far, my suspicions rest with Peter Mallett or Tim Falce - but does anybody else want to confess?

#leavemealone.
I had a bet that I alone would get the blame but that's £2.50 each to me and Peter then.
Old 21 Oct 2013, 16:08 (Ref:3321128)   #2275
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

I'm disappointed that it was only worth a 'fiver'
Closed Thread