Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 14 Nov 2015, 07:30 (Ref:3590286)   #2251
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just put the news on . Let us know you are ok Louis ??
Old 14 Nov 2015, 10:35 (Ref:3590309)   #2252
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Just been reported that a live grenade was discovered in someone's luggage at Gatwick North !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 14 Nov 2015, 16:13 (Ref:3590372)   #2253
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Seems a bit of difference in the media reports on what exactly was found, but still a concern.

Something that has not reared its ugly head until now, (since being first reported early in the year), is the prospect of compulsory 3rd party insurance for all racing cars from F1 down, even when competing on private land. Appears MSA is still in talks with various organisations such as DoT, FIA, Insurers etc. Worrying!

All due to a EU Court ruling a while back......
Old 14 Nov 2015, 17:14 (Ref:3590380)   #2254
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Seems a bit of difference in the media reports on what exactly was found, but still a concern.

Something that has not reared its ugly head until now, (since being first reported early in the year), is the prospect of compulsory 3rd party insurance for all racing cars from F1 down, even when competing on private land. Appears MSA is still in talks with various organisations such as DoT, FIA, Insurers etc. Worrying!

As I read that up on that one , it came from an accident with an farm machine .
So the law was to include all farm machines & even lawn mowers as well as any other vehicle being used on private land .

That will go down very well ???????
Old 14 Nov 2015, 18:05 (Ref:3590389)   #2255
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
As I read that up on that one , it came from an accident with an farm machine .
So the law was to include all farm machines & even lawn mowers as well as any other vehicle being used on private land .

That will go down very well ???????
You couldn't make it up, could you!
Old 14 Nov 2015, 21:11 (Ref:3590424)   #2256
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought we had that already? Motor clubs pay a per capita insurance fee to the MSA from entry fees.
Old 15 Nov 2015, 01:20 (Ref:3590471)   #2257
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Another nail in the clubbie racing coffin !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Nov 2015, 06:38 (Ref:3590536)   #2258
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I thought we had that already? Motor clubs pay a per capita insurance fee to the MSA from entry fees.
Yes, but apparently that wouldn't satisfy the EU ruling resulting from the court case mentioned! I would have thought a farmer, for instance, would have general third part liability cover, but (as I read it) suggestion is that each item of machinery would need individual cover? Taking it further, a motor trade policy normally includes third party cover, so would now everything need to be intermised? Trolley Jack, Awning when in use at race meetings... And what about pit bikes, quads, etc!!!

Yes Gordon, you may have hit the nail on the head. Hope you have third party liability cover for that hammer.....
Old 15 Nov 2015, 07:37 (Ref:3590546)   #2259
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Probably the most readable of the stuff on t'internet about possible ramifications-

https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/blog/20...insurance.html

And maybe when it comes to 'commercial' policies, there is a difference between third party and public liability cover.....

Wow double post! After all these years.
Old 15 Nov 2015, 07:55 (Ref:3590548)   #2260
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm with Gordon on this. There is now so much expense that fewer people will bother.
Old 15 Nov 2015, 08:10 (Ref:3590551)   #2261
midgetman
Veteran

I've now read the full article. I've got 5 karts I can see an expensive time for me and others of my ilk. Also we are back to the "what constitutes a motor vehicle" question. I say 5 karts, actually 5 frames and I build them in turn depending on the use required.

I suspect that when this comes in the price will be pitched at just the level where we can afford it so don't give up! And The Usual Suspects will relate the price to some consumable part like tyres or petrol (step forward MSA) and say it's a small price to pay and all the while my livelihood is steadily eroded by a diminishing customer base.

And of course the FFSA and ADAC will find a loophole but the MSA won't and will add their own cut too!

And more "unregulated" motor sport will spring up away from prying eyes. Drifting round car parks. Hooning motor bikes in fields. Pure public nuisance caused simply because of the law of unintended consequences.

*Sigh* It's being so cheerful that keeps me going!

Last edited by midgetman; 15 Nov 2015 at 08:21.
Old 15 Nov 2015, 08:36 (Ref:3590553)   #2262
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If I were very rich (I am not, of course), and decided to build myself a motor racing circuit on land I owned, then invited friends to bring along a car and race it around my track, I would not need to have any involvement with the MSA, FOCA, FIA, or any other set of initials. My concerns would be with local by laws regarding usage and noise levels.

Should other rich folk also build their own circuits we could organise a Championship of our own devising.

Basically a completely fresh start is needed before motor racing can be restored to 'sport' status.

Vive Le Revolucion'
Old 15 Nov 2015, 09:08 (Ref:3590556)   #2263
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
If I were very rich (I am not, of course), and decided to build myself a motor racing circuit on land I owned, then invited friends to bring along a car and race it around my track, I would not need to have any involvement with the MSA, FOCA, FIA, or any other set of initials. My concerns would be with local by laws regarding usage and noise levels.

Should other rich folk also build their own circuits we could organise a Championship of our own devising.

Basically a completely fresh start is needed before motor racing can be restored to 'sport' status.

Vive Le Revolucion'
You nearly spelt that right then Baub!
Old 15 Nov 2015, 12:10 (Ref:3590581)   #2264
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
I'm with Gordon on this. There is now so much expense that fewer people will bother.
Every year it feels I'm getting closer to life with just a couple of bikes and a Labradoggo, so maybe if / when this ever comes in I won't care! Just finished rebuilding my 20yr old mountain bike, so that's a start! Next up, the road bike frame I've had 15yrs and never built up....
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
Old 15 Nov 2015, 15:58 (Ref:3590608)   #2265
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

Vive Le Revolucion'
Bauble the way I read it is even more depressing. Your friends may be breaking the law by even OWNING a motor vehicle (including lawn tractor) without insurance on it. It's nothing to do with the organisations you mention, and we are going to end up selling off all those wonderfully eclectic motorised conveyances we have tucked away in barns but will never get round to restoring.
Old 15 Nov 2015, 19:02 (Ref:3590648)   #2266
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Very wet and windy here in Padstow . Thought I would stay in and watch the GP . Can someone tell me what happened I've just woke up
Old 15 Nov 2015, 19:24 (Ref:3590656)   #2267
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Very wet and windy here in Padstow . Thought I would stay in and watch the GP . Can someone tell me what happened I've just woke up
Don't bother Iain, best just go back to sleep.
Old 15 Nov 2015, 20:50 (Ref:3590674)   #2268
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Thought I would stay in and watch the GP . Can someone tell me what happened I've just woke up
Nothing, absolutely nothing........
Old 16 Nov 2015, 00:03 (Ref:3590708)   #2269
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Was there a race on the tele this afternoon ? yes I watched it on Motors TV "Stadium Motocross"
Old 16 Nov 2015, 06:19 (Ref:3590746)   #2270
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Was there a race on the tele this afternoon ? yes I watched it on Motors TV "Stadium Motocross"
Sound cool. I thought would be able to watch finish of GB Rally instead of F1, but they scheduled end of last stage so it didn't clash with Brazil.....

A Brit came second in that also!
Old 16 Nov 2015, 08:46 (Ref:3590765)   #2271
bauble
Veteran

England
That Delta chappy does not know how lucky he was, asleep in a comfy bed while many dropped of in an armchair. Some people don't know they are born.
Old 16 Nov 2015, 09:43 (Ref:3590778)   #2272
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I managed to start reading the race transcript on Autosport.com just before it finished so compressed the whole thing into about 10 minutes.
Then we took the dog for a walk on the beach & went to the pub! (It wasn't raining in Port Isaac!)
Old 16 Nov 2015, 12:54 (Ref:3590804)   #2273
midgetman
Veteran

Very grateful to the FIA. Their latest "Grand Prix" racing certainly helps me catch up with my sleep. I suspect viewer numbers must be falling away as every race I've watched this year (and it hasn't been many) have been as dull as ditchwater. And to think I used to video every qualifying and every race!

FOM/CVC/FIA have done a great job alienating race fans and venues. With any luck it'll disappear to a corporate only world in the Middle and Far East leaving the proper European circuits to promote their own brand of front line single seater racing at reasonable cost. Let "Formula 1" go with Bernie, we'll have "Grand Prix" racing back thank you very much. A compact tour of the Legendary Circuits with drivers and cars that are accessible to everyone not hidden away behind electric gates.
Old 16 Nov 2015, 13:47 (Ref:3590815)   #2274
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Very grateful to the FIA. Their latest "Grand Prix" racing certainly helps me catch up with my sleep. I suspect viewer numbers must be falling away as every race I've watched this year (and it hasn't been many) have been as dull as ditchwater. And to think I used to video every qualifying and every race!

FOM/CVC/FIA have done a great job alienating race fans and venues. With any luck it'll disappear to a corporate only world in the Middle and Far East leaving the proper European circuits to promote their own brand of front line single seater racing at reasonable cost. Let "Formula 1" go with Bernie, we'll have "Grand Prix" racing back thank you very much. A compact tour of the Legendary Circuits with drivers and cars that are accessible to everyone not hidden away behind electric gates.
Max I suggested this in a letter to the Daily Telegraph back in the nineties, and I'm still waiting, it is the perfect answer to the current expensive, but utterly boring, over hyped, shabby excuse for 'the pinnacle of motor sport' that masquerades as Formula 1.

Silverstone (because of tradition) a proper Spa, Zandvoort, Monza, Nordschliefe, Reims, San Marino, Pedrables, Monaco (see above), Berne and away we go. Drivers salaries capped, sensible specifications, limits om aero, and all cars having to pass the judgement of a panel of genuine enthusiasts as to their aesthetic appeal. Add in affordable ticket prices access to teams and drivers before the race and after, so ensuring a successful and lasting formula for the future.

Now who will have the courage to kick it off?
Old 16 Nov 2015, 13:52 (Ref:3590816)   #2275
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I managed to start reading the race transcript on Autosport.com just before it finished so compressed the whole thing into about 10 minutes.
Then we took the dog for a walk on the beach & went to the pub! (It wasn't raining in Port Isaac!)
We just been to Port Isaac . Lovely . Me and mrs Delta now in Bude " my home town " .
Closed Thread