Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Jun 2017, 13:37 (Ref:3740515)   #2351
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
You mean when they dumped trouble-free Mr Gaunt for Mr McConville, who then promptly binned it?
Trouble-free on track... a sponsorship shortfall may have meant trouble off-track
Old 12 Jun 2017, 21:33 (Ref:3740681)   #2352
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As we are constantly reminded, Supercars are a business. I openly wonder what LDM's 1 yr/5yr/10yr business plans might be.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 00:30 (Ref:3740711)   #2353
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mayhem, I don't think LDM have a 1yr plan it is more like find somebody with cash and would like a drive for the next round!
Old 13 Jun 2017, 01:01 (Ref:3740715)   #2354
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep. Just keep the RECs in play, and hope for the best.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 07:45 (Ref:3740777)   #2355
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
As we are constantly reminded, Supercars are a business. I openly wonder what LDM's 1 yr/5yr/10yr business plans might be.
Think LDM aren't operating with any consideration to their long term viability that's their problem seems more on a round to round business plan now
Old 13 Jun 2017, 09:06 (Ref:3740801)   #2356
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

As young (or old don't open that can of worms again where everyone starts apologising to each) PS2244 remarked-round by round survival seems to be the plan for Lucas and the crew.

With Barry Hay and Perdog they looked kinda serious but now they look like the Avis counter at Sydney airport.

Ah the good old days of the Enforcer having a robust discussion with certain members of the team at Homebush seem like a distant memory.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 09:12 (Ref:3740805)   #2357
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wish I was a fly on the wall in the garage that day.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 09:33 (Ref:3740818)   #2358
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Yep. Just keep the RECs in play, and hope for the best.
Isn't that the other side of the coin for REC's?

There doesn't seem to be many , if any, other players banging down the doors to buy the LDM RECs at the moment, so at least this forces them to turn up at all the rounds, or we might be down to 24 starters

A pity perhaps that the REC rules these days don't allow an LDM to concentrate on the big races only to better spend their budget, or lack of budget...
Old 13 Jun 2017, 10:45 (Ref:3740830)   #2359
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
As young (or old don't open that can of worms again where everyone starts apologising to each) PS2244 remarked-round by round survival seems to be the plan for Lucas and the crew.

With Barry Hay and Perdog they looked kinda serious but now they look like the Avis counter at Sydney airport.

Ah the good old days of the Enforcer having a robust discussion with certain members of the team at Homebush seem like a distant memory.
Agreed with all said here but I'm old we'll leave it at that. From a exterior perspective LDM seemed to have just become a revolving door business and their shopping out more experience than their bringing in with the departures of Little and Hay not being replaced with people who posses similar levelled skills and knowledge at the top level of Motorsport domestically. 2014-pre-Townsville 2016 it seemed like things were finally starting to come together for them but after the legal fiasco with the candyman everything just seems to have fallen into a state of disrepair at LDM. I think that it become further prolific through Matt Chahda's license rejection has caused this round-to-round survival basis they currently find themselves in.

Last edited by PS2244; 13 Jun 2017 at 10:53.
Old 14 Jun 2017, 00:51 (Ref:3741048)   #2360
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post

When will we see all these international drivers that were mentioned drive at LDM? If McLaren can let Fernando go to do Indy, surely they could give him a leave pass to race a the paperclip?
Old 14 Jun 2017, 03:48 (Ref:3741069)   #2361
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Should LDM look to sell or return their REC?

Go back to Super2 and develop the team around a young talented driver that can attract funding and bring the right technical staff together. Then look to return to the Main Game once everything is in place.

Of course it is so much easier to type away at home, than actually put such a plan in place and then deliver on it.
Old 14 Jun 2017, 10:25 (Ref:3741134)   #2362
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
When will we see all these international drivers that were mentioned drive at LDM? If McLaren can let Fernando go to do Indy, surely they could give him a leave pass to race a the paperclip?

What about Maldanado? Having a smash repairer as a sponsor would be gold with him behind the wheel
Old 14 Jun 2017, 22:03 (Ref:3741446)   #2363
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Not even LDM would run Maldanado!
Old 15 Jun 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3741557)   #2364
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Rullo receives full Supercars Superlicence
Old 15 Jun 2017, 10:18 (Ref:3741559)   #2365
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS2244 View Post
Agreed with all said here but I'm old we'll leave it at that. From a exterior perspective LDM seemed to have just become a revolving door business and their shopping out more experience than their bringing in with the departures of Little and Hay not being replaced with people who posses similar levelled skills and knowledge at the top level of Motorsport domestically. 2014-pre-Townsville 2016 it seemed like things were finally starting to come together for them but after the legal fiasco with the candyman everything just seems to have fallen into a state of disrepair at LDM. I think that it become further prolific through Matt Chahda's license rejection has caused this round-to-round survival basis they currently find themselves in.
Old, you said you've done HSC the other day, as far as I know HSC hasn't been in that long, not sure but I did QCE last year and it hasn't been in play forever
Old 15 Jun 2017, 10:26 (Ref:3741562)   #2366
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
Old, you said you've done HSC the other day, as far as I know HSC hasn't been in that long, not sure but I did QCE last year and it hasn't been in play forever
The High School Certificate has been around for a while in fact it was first introduced in 1967. Last year was the 50th anniversary since the first one took place
Old 16 Jun 2017, 03:35 (Ref:3742063)   #2367
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Whilst he hasn't set the world on fire,not sure anyone could in the equipment, I think he's done OK.

I admit I hadn't heard much about him coming into this year and almost expected him to cause some type of drama by now.

Well done Alex, I sincerely hope he can go on to bigger & better results.
Old 16 Jun 2017, 06:01 (Ref:3742087)   #2368
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muznik View Post
Whilst he hasn't set the world on fire,not sure anyone could in the equipment, I think he's done OK.

I admit I hadn't heard much about him coming into this year and almost expected him to cause some type of drama by now.
Setting the world on fire has nothing to do with getting the full licence, the fact he hasn't caused any drama and has quietly gotten on with things is exactly the reason he has rightly been given the upgrade.
Old 16 Jun 2017, 06:03 (Ref:3742088)   #2369
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
interesting that he also turned 17 yesterday
Old 16 Jun 2017, 06:10 (Ref:3742090)   #2370
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
interesting that he also turned 17 yesterday
Ths ruling for him this year was he was granted a super license on a round by round basis until the age of 17 if I remember correctly
Old 16 Jun 2017, 11:33 (Ref:3742156)   #2371
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think for such a young guy just being there and not causing any major incidents is great.

Look at some of the guys who were fast but accident prone in their early drives, SvG, Courtney, Cam Waters, etc. You can work up to being fast, but it takes a lot of restraint to drive within yourself and keep learning.
Old 16 Jun 2017, 11:37 (Ref:3742158)   #2372
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I think for such a young guy just being there and not causing any major incidents is great.

Look at some of the guys who were fast but accident prone in their early drives, SvG, Courtney, Cam Waters, etc. You can work up to being fast, but it takes a lot of restraint to drive within yourself and keep learning.
It depends... you can probably teach a fast guy to stop crashing, its arguably harder to teach a slow guy to go faster...
Old 16 Jun 2017, 12:00 (Ref:3742171)   #2373
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember similar comments many years ago when Cam Waters were going through the Kelly Gang Show, now most have egg on their face.
Old 16 Jun 2017, 13:05 (Ref:3742198)   #2374
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Setting the world on fire has nothing to do with getting the full licence, the fact he hasn't caused any drama and has quietly gotten on with things is exactly the reason he has rightly been given the upgrade.
They let Rullo in, fair, they denied Chadha, on the fence with that, yet they let Le Brocq appear. Its a bit unfair in parts, Rullo isn't dangerous, but Le Brocq has proven he can be very dangerous at the wheel
Old 16 Jun 2017, 13:07 (Ref:3742199)   #2375
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

Two of those have matured, SVG is fast but still finds himself hanging off the panels of other cars. It seems he has two pedals, Clutch and Accelerator, in the pack the car ahead is his brakes