Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 Jun 2012, 17:32 (Ref:3092256)   #2451
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Nick Wirth confirms (@radiolemans) intention to provide 2014 regs compatible customer P1 package. Reportedly non-hybrid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
so basicly honda will continue to support a selected number of private teams but won't grid with an official team?
I missed the interview did Nick say Honda was going to be involved? Or could Honda going to be using another constructor or build themselves?
Old 16 Jun 2012, 18:02 (Ref:3092325)   #2452
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He said he had a great relationship with Honda but didn't know if they would be involved, as I recall. Also wouldn't talk about engine supplier.
Old 16 Jun 2012, 18:17 (Ref:3092368)   #2453
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, he seemed to avoid Hindy question but it sounded like they would love to provide HPD with a finished product in need of an engine.
Old 16 Jun 2012, 19:33 (Ref:3092536)   #2454
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if i understood well the situation, this reminds a little the lola/amr question... maybe wirth has/is going to produce a coupè tub/bodywork to sell to privates and honda too. Privates maybe will use the standard bodywork with more than one optionable engine, while honda will use this tub as base for their car if they will decide to enter with a work team for the manufacter champ.
A scenario like this is really good! privates will have the possibility to obtain a coupè car even after the "rumored" lola withdraw and honda will start to work on their car on an already solid base.
Old 16 Jun 2012, 19:42 (Ref:3092556)   #2455
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if honda would want to participate in the manufacturer champ (2014) would they have to use a hybrid engine?
Old 16 Jun 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3092600)   #2456
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2014 regulations sheet tell that private teams can't use hybrid engines while manufacter should to use a 2/4/6/8 MJ hybrid system... but i don't remember if for manufacters is mandatory an hybrid engine or not.
Old 16 Jun 2012, 21:00 (Ref:3092652)   #2457
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
2014 regulations sheet tell that private teams can't use hybrid engines while manufacter should to use a 2/4/6/8 MJ hybrid system... but i don't remember if for manufacters is mandatory an hybrid engine or not.
Mandatory for manufacturers, optional for privateers... at least the way I see it from this:

http://i.imgur.com/ICYnh.png

...since it says "Private teams only" and "All teams", but not "Manufacturers only", I think it's clear that privateers CAN use hybrids if they want. This makes sense, as how else they could use possible customer cars from manufacturers...

Last edited by deggis; 16 Jun 2012 at 21:05.
Old 16 Jun 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3092703)   #2458
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In his interview Nick Worth seemed emphatic that it would be a privateer customer car and not a hybrid---I guess Honda might not be planning a factory effort for 2014?

Or --- Honda is planning to build its own car? Maybe the factory is trying to decide whether to just supply engines or to build a chassis as well?
Old 17 Jun 2012, 04:30 (Ref:3093136)   #2459
Jake34
Rookie

Jake34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was reported by Sam Collins the HPD is more powerful than the Toyota, put that engine in a sleek coupe, or sleeker open car in 2013, and they maybe right up at the front.
Old 17 Jun 2012, 08:12 (Ref:3093268)   #2460
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like the Dome? Judd's not powerful enough.
Old 17 Jun 2012, 10:53 (Ref:3093493)   #2461
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake34 View Post
It was reported by Sam Collins the HPD is more powerful than the Toyota, put that engine in a sleek coupe, or sleeker open car in 2013, and they maybe right up at the front.
Which Toyota? Rebellion motor or TS030 motor? Either way, it's certainly way more powerful than the Judd and that was demonstrated early on when the Dome struggled to pass the JRM ARX-03a (or the JRM was trying to pass the Dome, can't remember) on the Mulsanne. The open top HPD is carrying like 10% more drag than the Dome yet they have essentially the same top end speed.
Old 17 Jun 2012, 11:27 (Ref:3093524)   #2462
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
Which Toyota? Rebellion motor or TS030 motor? Either way, it's certainly way more powerful than the Judd and that was demonstrated early on when the Dome struggled to pass the JRM ARX-03a (or the JRM was trying to pass the Dome, can't remember) on the Mulsanne. The open top HPD is carrying like 10% more drag than the Dome yet they have essentially the same top end speed.
Do you think that Wirth will bring is Coupe design in 2013 preparing 2014????
Old 17 Jun 2012, 11:40 (Ref:3093538)   #2463
Maelochs
Veteran

Doubt it. The car wouldn't be legal in 2013, and wouldn't be commercially viable therefore. Seems to me he would update the open-topped cars while designing the 2014 coupe (or updating his current coupe design to 2014 standards.)

Why spend the money building a car which would be substandard in 2013 and which no one would buy in 2013? Or, why design a coupe to 2013 rwegs and then try to design one to 2014 regs, when he already has a great design for P1 and P2 for 2013?

He also mentioned that he could build it if someone would pay for it. If funding is an issue, I can't see him building a car for only one year.

Just one opinion.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 06:44 (Ref:3093940)   #2464
Puzzle
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
Puzzle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would think a 2014 car would be legal in 2013 as it would simply be less wide than the maximum permitted by the rules with a few extra holes inside the fenders. engine might be an issue but they might develop the chassis whilst using the existing engine especially if they are developing it independently of an engine manufacturer as some have hinted they might
Old 23 Jun 2012, 20:34 (Ref:3096923)   #2465
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Since this thread seems to be about current HPD enthusiasts, Speedhunters has an excellent article about JRM's experiences on their way to 6th place
http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/06/jrm-bts/
Old 24 Jun 2012, 00:24 (Ref:3096985)   #2466
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
Agree this was apalling. That Judd engine. The Dome(coupe) was right under the rear wing of the JRM HPD(open top). For the entire straight and made no ground on the JRM HPD. At first i was impressed by the straight line speed of the JRM then I realized the Judd is so underwhelming.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 06:44 (Ref:3097018)   #2467
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Agree this was apalling. That Judd engine. The Dome(coupe) was right under the rear wing of the JRM HPD(open top). For the entire straight and made no ground on the JRM HPD. At first i was impressed by the straight line speed of the JRM then I realized the Judd is so underwhelming.
Baseline drag does not equal Race Trim. The Dome may be more slippery, but there is no way for us to know if they were as trimmed out as the HPD. The Judd XV was a very serviceable P2 engine, as was the Acura mill. Remember the slightly larger 4L engine in the Acura P1 was no match for the Pug and Audi Diesels. I doubt if HPD had found gobs of horsepower more than Judd. Perhaps some, but not a huge difference.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 09:25 (Ref:3097050)   #2468
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^Nromally i would agree but the Dome was right inside of the HPD's draft as a perso could get! And the HPD was still pulling the Dome.
Old 27 Jun 2012, 08:19 (Ref:3098835)   #2469
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Is the HPD P1 engine available for a customer deal ..... I know the P2 engine is .
Old 27 Jun 2012, 12:45 (Ref:3098934)   #2470
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Is the HPD P1 engine available for a customer deal ..... I know the P2 engine is .

I thought the current rules limited P1 cars to last year's P2 engines, but with a larger air restrictor. So technically, the 3.4L v8 run by HPD P1 cars should be the same engine as last year's (or rather the 2010)P2. Of course, I've been off base all month so I'm sure somebody will correct this. lol!
Old 27 Jun 2012, 16:13 (Ref:3099016)   #2471
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure if this is a repost, but did anyone else notice that Strakka's water pressure issue/overheating near the end of the race nearly mirrored what happened to Highcroft in 2010? Something with the AL7R maybe?
Old 30 Jun 2012, 19:05 (Ref:3100261)   #2472
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting news, if true:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC Editor
Piers Phillips has left Strakka Racing
Source:
https://twitter.com/dsceditor/status/219143571146674176
Old 30 Jun 2012, 20:38 (Ref:3100280)   #2473
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Woah didn't see that coming!

Don't really know what that means for them as a team?
Old 30 Jun 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3100302)   #2474
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Ok , who is Piers Phillips when he's at home ?
Old 1 Jul 2012, 06:02 (Ref:3100346)   #2475
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Ok , who is Piers Phillips when he's at home ?
I believe he is the team manager, him leaving would have some sort of impact on the team.