Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Feb 2015, 08:38 (Ref:3502779)   #2451
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

What about the bloke hanging from the catch fence??

That's Florian Strauss

In all seriousness all they'd do is fine the team and Nissan will probably cover that.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 08:39 (Ref:3502780)   #2452
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
I'd say he nailed it.
Yeah, looks like the front of the Nissan crossed the control line barely behind the back end of the Audi. Lucky timing... or timed to absolute perfection.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 08:43 (Ref:3502786)   #2453
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That is so close - you cant definitely say he overlapped.

I just hope the other overlapping penalties were more clear cut.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 08:46 (Ref:3502789)   #2454
msd76
Rookie

msd76 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Another absolute great event - thoroughly enjoyable.

Too many cautions as many have stated - is code 60 an option? That said, the majority of the crashes werent to do with speed differentials of production cars.

As for the overlap - sitting just past the start finish line it was tight but cant say he definitely overlapped before the start finish line.

The video below contains the last 2 restarts for everyone to have a look & make their own mind up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je72o7ywW4U
I think there was an over lap although I'm going to say two but's, 1 I haven't seen the other that were ping to judge side by side to see if race control was consistence. And 2. that GTR had so much of a power advantage it was always going to run down who ever was in front of him.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 09:06 (Ref:3502802)   #2455
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From Mrs Klimenko's FB...

Old 8 Feb 2015, 12:16 (Ref:3502859)   #2456
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
I wouldn't have an issue with that; 40-50 GT3 cars on this track would be absolutely mega
I am not sure you'd get that many...

GT3 in Europe isn't nearly as strong as it was two or three years ago, so there is actually less potential for guest entries from over here. For North American entrants, on the other hand, their own season will either be already under way by the time of Bathurst (IMSA) or just a few weeks away (PWC).

And then there's the talk about Tony Quinn creating an Australian endurance series. Most of the internationals definitely won't stick around for that, so you need local entrants to make up the numbers and that won't work if you give the finger to them at your biggest event of the year.

I guess they could cut the production cars, but they'll need to keep at least the Porsches, probably also the GT4s and the tube framers...
Old 8 Feb 2015, 12:59 (Ref:3502871)   #2457
Disraeli Eers
Racer

United States
Parkersburg, WV
Disraeli Eers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDisraeli Eers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow, just caught up with the end after going to bed at 3 hour left mark. What awesome and respectful driving right on the limit.

I, like everyone else, just wish there had been fewer safety cars. The race never got into a good flow.

I think at a track like Bathurst you have to come up with something other than fukl course cautions for every stopped car.

What a start of 2015 for Nismo.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 15:20 (Ref:3502906)   #2458
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I am not sure you'd get that many...

GM at supposed to be thinking about bringing the Corvette. Audi, Porsche, Lambo, Ford, Ferrari are all due to release new models

Quote:
Bathurst 12 Hour event thrives despite collision with V8 Supercars
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/motor...08-13941m.html
Old 8 Feb 2015, 15:32 (Ref:3502909)   #2459
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
GM at supposed to be thinking about bringing the Corvette. Audi, Porsche, Lambo, Ford, Ferrari are all due to release new models
There is no official GT3 Vette, so if anything they'll bring the Caddy. No confirmed plans for a GT3 Ford either and the rest are just replacing existing cars. If they didn't come so far, there is no certainty that they'll go now, at least not with a works team.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 16:00 (Ref:3502918)   #2460
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
Intimidator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the race available on demand on youtube or somewhere else?
Old 8 Feb 2015, 16:00 (Ref:3502919)   #2461
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thoroughly enjoyed the race!
Awesome track + Awesome cars = A really great racing event.
Seven different makes in the top Seven positions is unreal! Plus if the Ice Coffee Porsche had not ran into problems late in the race, we might have had eight.

Regarding the abundance of Safety cars; I think perhaps if the penalties for aggressive driving were more strict, we would see far more green flag racing.
Here in the States, we have the same problem. Especially since the "avoidable contact" penalty was reduced from stop+60, to a simple drive through/stop & go.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 17:03 (Ref:3502931)   #2462
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
Is the race available on demand on youtube or somewhere else?
full replay should be available on the Bathurst 12h site
(certainly the first 6 is)

http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/
Old 8 Feb 2015, 17:06 (Ref:3502934)   #2463
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
Regarding the abundance of Safety cars; I think perhaps if the penalties for aggressive driving were more strict, we would see far more green flag racing.
Race organisers worldwide have changed operating procedures after the Jules Bianchi incident. Wait and see how much safety car will be used in the coming season in any form of racing.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 17:25 (Ref:3502946)   #2464
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Whole race is on the site clock 'watch again' and it offers you a playlist with all four parts.

Tough call for the cameraman at the end, I hope the Bentley onboard is released at some point.

This shows the end of it: http://youtu.be/O4MZYJSsXcQ

Bell definitely went wide, I'm guessing Mucke assisted him.

After the finish, Mucke is clearly missing a piece from the front-right of his Aston, so seems almost certain to me. Was one of Mucke's slightly overaggressive races by my reckoning.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 19:22 (Ref:3502993)   #2465
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only issue I had with the fcy's is that the tow trucks were positioned only in the paddock and had to drive all the way around to the incident.created some lengthy yellows,but still a great race on a great track.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 20:01 (Ref:3503000)   #2466
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've seen a couple of photos from the start of the race (well, very early on) from the top of the mountain where there was at least one recovery unit, maybe more.

The problem is that once they've deployed, that's it - they're all down the bottom. Imagine the howls of derision if the SC came out to reposition a tow truck?
Old 8 Feb 2015, 20:54 (Ref:3503021)   #2467
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I cant speak for the 12 hour, but would be very suprised if they did not use the same procedure as the v8 race.

There are at least 3 points around the track where they keep the tow trucks/flatbeds and each time one is required they rotate the trucks. thus you see empty ones travelling around the track.

So if the one at the second tow point is required the one from point 1 moves to that vacant position (point 2)
Old 8 Feb 2015, 21:48 (Ref:3503038)   #2468
Hingo
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Hingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's exactly what they did pecky. I was situated at Reid Park and they did it every time a flatbed was called.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 22:11 (Ref:3503051)   #2469
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A few pics from early yesterday morning including Sudd's Lambo, and the Ferrari/Aston Crash:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/iwillshootu/

Last edited by mayhem; 8 Feb 2015 at 22:13. Reason: Couldnt insert photos into post.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 22:13 (Ref:3503054)   #2470
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hingo View Post
That's exactly what they did pecky. I was situated at Reid Park and they did it every time a flatbed was called.
Excellent - that's what we do here, except we're all on closed circuits with internal/perimeter access roads. The nearest one gets deployed when necessary, but we do have odd occasions when they're all busy and we have to shove/push/pull/drag a busted car out behind the wall and leave it there.

One day, one day... maybe the 1000 in 2016, or the 12Hr in 2017...
Old 8 Feb 2015, 23:21 (Ref:3503081)   #2471
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Nissan conquers the Mountain...again!

people are complaining that Nissan yesterday that stormed home for its historic win had an unfair advantage, nostalgia much? great drive home by the Japanese samurai!

http://m.speedcafe.com/2015/02/08/ni...hurst-12-hour/
Old 8 Feb 2015, 23:33 (Ref:3503086)   #2472
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
post in the 12 hour thread , thats what it is for
Old 8 Feb 2015, 23:35 (Ref:3503087)   #2473
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
people are complaining that Nissan yesterday that stormed home for its historic win had an unfair advantage, nostalgia much? great drive home by the Japanese samurai!

http://m.speedcafe.com/2015/02/08/ni...hurst-12-hour/
would like to see some evidence of the apparently ridiculous claim that "people are complaining...etc" as there is none in the link you included.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 23:36 (Ref:3503088)   #2474
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
post in the 12 hour thread , thats what it is for
agree, mods could it be merged please?
Old 9 Feb 2015, 00:07 (Ref:3503097)   #2475
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I've seen a couple of photos from the start of the race (well, very early on) from the top of the mountain where there was at least one recovery unit, maybe more.

The problem is that once they've deployed, that's it - they're all down the bottom. Imagine the howls of derision if the SC came out to reposition a tow truck?
It would be logical that when the next incident occurred, one truck was deployed to the accident and a 2nd truck was deployed back to a staging area at top of mountain. Doesn't seem too difficult to get done, but I guess you would have at speed cars on other part of track trying to make up time, so easier said than done.