Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 17 Nov 2004, 21:11 (Ref:1156378)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good news from Richard Burns

It looks like Richard is well on the road to recovery.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ly/4020573.stm
Old 17 Nov 2004, 21:24 (Ref:1156402)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just read the very same thing on another forum. The full text of Richard said can be found at http://www.richardburns.com/news.cfm?flag=2&id=354

It sounds like he is on the mean, which is fantastic news. I am still not sure if we will see him back in the WRC. But this news today sounds very postive.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 22:04 (Ref:1156464)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is indeed encouraging. Realistically it's unlikely that he'll return to full-time racing, especially as there'll be less manufactuerer drives available by 2006, but this is much more important.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 23:03 (Ref:1156532)   #4
sjw75
Racer

United Kingdom
Berkshire
sjw75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Good news indeed, I got the following message via the Richard Burns Fanclub in email today:

Hi everyone,

As most of you know a year ago I was taken ill on the way to Rally GB and shortly afterwards I was diagnosed with a brain tumour. This was a total shock. I had been 100% committed to trying to win the WRC and suddenly, nothing was more important than my health and I had to commit 100% to beating my illness.

I don’t mind admitting it has been really really tough but I have remained positive and as happy as I can throughout. The support I have had from my doctors, family and friends has been fantastic.
Also I want to thank all the people who have sent me their good wishes – it really helps to know that my fans are still rooting for me and that I’m not forgotten!

I have been following the WRC on the television and I want to add my congratulations to Seb for winning the Championship this year. He is a very focussed driver and deserves this win.

Also I would like to wish Carlos a happy retirement, - he has been a dedicated and passionate rally driver throughout his years and the sport will miss him.

My treatment has been very intensive but I am now getting physically and mentally much stronger.

It is still too soon to think about what the future holds – I am just concentrating on trying to get back to a normal life.

The doctors still need to keep a close eye on me but, when they give me the OK to travel, I am looking forward to coming to see a rally sometime soon…maybe I will see you there!

Have a great Christmas, I will! and Best Wishes for 2005

Take Care

Richard

Team circuitmarshal "In-out round and round"