Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 27 Mar 2021, 12:42 (Ref:4043254)   #1
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Bahrain F2 opening rounds

I've not seen the first race yet so spoiler alert until later this afty please!

However qualy was pretty fraught and mostbof the fancied runners were at the sharp end.
Old 27 Mar 2021, 15:35 (Ref:4043289)   #2
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Won’t spoil the result for you but, Dick Tantrum. The gift that never stops giving!
Old 27 Mar 2021, 16:41 (Ref:4043302)   #3
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The guy who was disqualified starts on pole but the guy who took pole starts 4th. Any idea? Coz I’m BAFFLED
Old 27 Mar 2021, 16:53 (Ref:4043304)   #4
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
The guy who was disqualified starts on pole but the guy who took pole starts 4th. Any idea? Coz I’m BAFFLED
It’s a reverse top ten from race one.

Tantrum showing a lack of racing brain there as swinging in so much at turn 1 in an F2 race is only ever going to lead to trouble.
Old 27 Mar 2021, 17:40 (Ref:4043314)   #5
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Who is paying for Tantrum races? Cause, who is, is regretting by now...
Old 27 Mar 2021, 19:47 (Ref:4043328)   #6
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Who is paying for Tantrum races? Cause, who is, is regretting by now...
Daddy, though he’s not exactly unique in that.

Dick’s a quick driver to be fair, but has a really horrible habit of bad mouthing and blaming everyone else for his mistakes and shortcomings. Which is why they listen out for him on the radio.
Old 27 Mar 2021, 21:22 (Ref:4043337)   #7
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's so strange to still see him making those mistakes. I agree that he's a quick driver but he always seem to put himself in bad situations. Maybe it's his attitude that prevents him from seeing that a lot of this is of his own making? Given the time he's had in these cars he should have had ample time to modify his racecraft by now.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 17:01 (Ref:4043520)   #8
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
It's so strange to still see him making those mistakes. I agree that he's a quick driver but he always seem to put himself in bad situations. Maybe it's his attitude that prevents him from seeing that a lot of this is of his own making? Given the time he's had in these cars he should have had ample time to modify his racecraft by now.
James Hunt once described Jean-Pierre Jarier as having the mental age of ten. Now, I'm not James Hunt, but I think Jarier might have company.

Also I have to say, Ticktum received a 5 second penalty for spearing into Verschoor from miles behind, whilst Lundgaard got a 10 second penalty for a bold but failed attempt at passing Zendeli from too far behind. Sorry but Ticktum's incident looked far worse to me. At Lundgaard was trying to drive over the kerbs to avoid Zendeli. I'm not sure Ticktum even registered Verschoor being there. Stewarding according to consequence alone is daft.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 19:18 (Ref:4043567)   #9
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
James Hunt once described Jean-Pierre Jarier as having the mental age of ten. Now, I'm not James Hunt, but I think Jarier might have company.

Also I have to say, Ticktum received a 5 second penalty for spearing into Verschoor from miles behind, whilst Lundgaard got a 10 second penalty for a bold but failed attempt at passing Zendeli from too far behind. Sorry but Ticktum's incident looked far worse to me. At Lundgaard was trying to drive over the kerbs to avoid Zendeli. I'm not sure Ticktum even registered Verschoor being there. Stewarding according to consequence alone is daft.
It was ridiculous. Then Schwartzman got a drive through in race 3 for much the same.

All Tucktum’s penalty did was give him a better grid position for race 2! Although, somewhat ironically, he then put himself in a position to be punted out himself.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 20:53 (Ref:4043583)   #10
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Bit gutted for Piastri in today's race. He was top entertainment but should perhaps have ceded the corner to Ticktum and regrouped for another go along the straight to turn 3?
He'll learn from that but the signs are clear he is a real ace in the making.

Lawson looks a cool customer?

Shwartzmann's got his work cut out if he thinks he's gonna just walk this season!
Old 29 Mar 2021, 09:19 (Ref:4043677)   #11
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So what did everyone think of the new race format? Yay or nay?
Old 29 Mar 2021, 18:14 (Ref:4043786)   #12
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I dont really know about the format if im honest, i cant really say it made things better or worse. The races this weekend were good though, DRS wasn't over powerful which is normally a huge bugbear of mine. Impressed with Ticktum in the feature race.
Old 29 Mar 2021, 19:43 (Ref:4043801)   #13
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
So what did everyone think of the new race format? Yay or nay?
Big yay from me, become a big fan of Piastri, I rated him in last years F3 and he hasn't disappointed me in F2.
Old 29 Mar 2021, 20:37 (Ref:4043809)   #14
peebee2
Veteran

Thought the new format and the racing was great.

The only improvement I’d like to see is a better way to set the grid for race 2. Maybe second fastest Q lap?

Also need to make the penalties more consistent.
Old 30 Mar 2021, 16:14 (Ref:4043940)   #15
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Is Verschoor full season or will he be replaced if there's a driver with cash?
Old 30 Mar 2021, 21:40 (Ref:4043984)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Thought the new format and the racing was great.

The only improvement I’d like to see is a better way to set the grid for race 2. Maybe second fastest Q lap?

Also need to make the penalties more consistent.
Stewards being consistent over penalties??

That'll never happen!