Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 May 2011, 18:49 (Ref:2885816)   #1
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poultry Le Mans - Camping Advice for Next Year

I know this may be premature, but I'm planning to go to next year's race. I will be going with my wife and 14 year old son in our motorhome. I'd appreciate any advice on suitable campsites, tickets and any other info people think relevant. I have heard that some of the camping areas can be a bit lively so something more family friendly would be great. Thanks in advance for any help on this.
Old 25 May 2011, 19:07 (Ref:2885826)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It depends on what you want, those campsites closest to the track are hard to get but are also better suited to the family group, the big open campsites are often rather exciteable and noisy at night, there are now campsites specifically for motorhomes and these would be your best bet. They are less popular with the traditional fans so you will have less trouble getting one direct from the ACO
Old 25 May 2011, 21:57 (Ref:2885903)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My goodness me Paddy, I'm afraid I'm going to have to change the title of this thread - otherwise Tenths founder Craig may get very upset! We regard it as his prerogative to start the next year's thread and by tradition that can't be started until 2011's is under way! People will still give you advice, as advice for 2011 must be presumed to be good advice for 2012. Personally, I'd suggest that you read the CA Le Mans guide - which is great on camping information - but having seen that, I haven't seen the 2011 edition yet.....
Old 25 May 2011, 22:48 (Ref:2885919)   #4
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Personally, I'd suggest that you read the CA Le Mans guide - which is great on camping information - but having seen that, I haven't seen the 2011 edition yet.....

Should be available for download from next Tuesday evening (1/6/11), European Time.
Old 26 May 2011, 06:04 (Ref:2885984)   #5
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you are taking a motorhome then you might wish to look at getting a spot on the Houx campsite as it will have electricity so you can run your gizmos without running down your batteries.
Old 26 May 2011, 11:11 (Ref:2886099)   #6
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry about the thread title. I didn't want to tread on anybody's toes. Thanks for info so far. I'll look at Houx sites as suggested as hook up sounds good.
Old 26 May 2011, 17:03 (Ref:2886267)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
Sorry about the thread title. I didn't want to tread on anybody's toes. Thanks for info so far. I'll look at Houx sites as suggested as hook up sounds good.

Noworries - meant largely in jest.....
Old 26 May 2011, 19:51 (Ref:2886374)   #8
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I'd go for Houx if I was you, we always go there.
Have been to Houx annexe, chapelle ( doesn't exist anymore ) before but IMHO nothing beats Houx. You're right in the middle of everything there.
Old 27 May 2011, 19:25 (Ref:2886838)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
If you do go for houx forget the ACO you will have to get one from an agent and pay top price, also they are likely to sell out very fast so you will need to get one very early
Old 27 May 2011, 20:38 (Ref:2886882)   #10
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
If you do go for houx forget the ACO you will have to get one from an agent and pay top price
Why do you say that?
Are you an ACO member?
I have six Houx tickets for three members this year, no problem. I paid 76 euros each for them.
Old 28 May 2011, 08:06 (Ref:2886989)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
Why do you say that?
Are you an ACO member?
I have six Houx tickets for three members this year, no problem. I paid 76 euros each for them.
The years I was an ACO member were not best remembered, never got anything out of it and by the time they did inform me that I had not got anything I wanted it was very late, I now have a standing order with the tourist office and they have always been very helpful and never let me down.
Old 28 May 2011, 08:08 (Ref:2886990)   #12
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
Why do you say that?
Are you an ACO member?
We gave up buying from the ACO after failing to get Houx tickets several times on the trot even ordering directly after the previous race.
Old 28 May 2011, 08:55 (Ref:2887004)   #13
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
ACO changed their membership system last year. These days members really do get priority booking.
LM tourist office is fine if you're an established customer, otherwise not. Even last October they could only offer Beausejour. The ACO have frozen their allocation for the most popular sites.
Old 28 May 2011, 09:28 (Ref:2887014)   #14
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Best advice I can honestly say about camping is , you can cook your own food . Thats not saying that the track food is all rubbish , but I have seen some dubious meats from time to time , followed by a brisk trot to the bog !!!

When the weather is right , I wouldnt do it any other way .

Houx is where you want to be ..... best of everything there .
Old 28 May 2011, 10:04 (Ref:2887031)   #15
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I have never bought my Houx ticket from an agency, always directly from the ACO, without any problems.
Only this year I have become a member of the ACO.
Old 28 May 2011, 11:14 (Ref:2887056)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Best advice I can honestly say about camping is , you can cook your own food . Thats not saying that the track food is all rubbish , but I have seen some dubious meats from time to time , followed by a brisk trot to the bog !!!

When the weather is right , I wouldnt do it any other way .

I have stayed on most in the last 26 years but for the last 10 or so have always used TR, even for the classic, suits me best and as the site is usually full of long term race people I am not the only one
Old 28 May 2011, 12:56 (Ref:2887082)   #17
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

Except tranquility.
Old 28 May 2011, 13:53 (Ref:2887103)   #18
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Houx is fine ..... Houx Annex is not !!!