Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 15 Jun 2003, 14:21 (Ref:631958)   #1
Blue
Racer

Blue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Catalunya GP

What a race by Capirossi and Rossi. Congraulations to Ducati. their first GP win. I didnt expect they would win this early. If Ducati keeps up, we may be able to see Rossi on Ducati next year.
Old 15 Jun 2003, 14:57 (Ref:631975)   #2
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great stuff, I was expecting Bayliis to take the firswt win a little later in the season, but all the same its great that Ducati have done so well for the first non-Honda win of the year. Maybe the MotoGP era won't be a Honda benefit.

Tino on a Ducati? Now we're talking. An Italian superhero on the great Italian bike. It would be galling for Troy and espeically Loris, though, signing to be the lead rider after all those years on Pons' private Hondas, then having his compatriate come in above him.
Old 15 Jun 2003, 15:42 (Ref:632004)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fabulous racing in all 3 classes today.

MotoGP was thrilling from start to finish. Valentino really appeared to have it all under control, but once Loris was past, Rossi frankly just blew it, but his come-from-behind riding was absolutely sensational and that ride ranks above some of his wins in terms of grit and determination.

The 250cc championship has certainly been blown wide open, with 5 riders within 15 points of each other. Who would have thought it would be this close??? Great to see de Puniet claim his first victory, while many Aussies would be cheering for West in 3rd. He's battled long and hard to get that, perhaps some should now be taking real notice.

I'll have to watch the 125s tomorrow...
Old 16 Jun 2003, 07:20 (Ref:632609)   #4
wreckless
Racer

wreckless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was shocked too see carlos actually finish a race
Old 16 Jun 2003, 09:25 (Ref:632724)   #5
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by wreckless
I was shocked too see carlos actually finish a race
10-10ths quote of the year
Old 16 Jun 2003, 09:29 (Ref:632728)   #6
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LOL
Great race , fantastic result and an awesome demonstration by Rossi in the last couple of laps. These bikes are a treat to watch, the tendency to slide thru the corner makes for some great television.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 11:51 (Ref:632857)   #7
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
a top 10 performance for Rossi ..

Ciao Marco
Old 16 Jun 2003, 14:10 (Ref:632991)   #8
JohnnyFiama
Racer

JohnnyFiama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know of any pics of the sliding on Sunday? esp. Gibernau, that was awesome.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 14:39 (Ref:633022)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The sliding through turn three was just stunning, and probably the TV event of the year. Really skilful and a joy to watch - especially considering the speed of the corner!
Old 16 Jun 2003, 14:40 (Ref:633024)   #10
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Awesome slides by Rossi, Sete and "Capi-Rossi"! MotoGP (formerly 500cc) is probably in its peak in terms of spectacular rides. I compare it with the golden days of F1 around 1970.

Bad day for front runners: Cecchinello retiring after an error, Poggy retiring with mechanical problems and Rossi having a severe error (and a truly amazing recovery!).

Pedrosa looks so smart, he remind me of Angel Nieto (as Eurosport's commentators readily pointed out). Let's see how he develops in the future. The great Angel never fitted well in greater bikes (but was a genius in small bikes).

Puniet is quick and very regular. For me, he is the revelation of 250cc this year (I didn't counted him as a WC contender). Yet, Poggy remain me 250cc favourite for the title (two bad luck days). I see Rolfo and Porto somehow duller than expected.

MotoGP is being the realm of Rossi, I don't see any real menace in the horizon. For the rest of the season I see good races (wins?) for Capi, perhap some for Sete (who is brilliant from time to time), and I don't know with Max. Biaggi looks to be too predictable: he seems to have a "limit" and he cannot force thru it. I can be Ste and Loris passing Rossi, but I can't view Max doing it.

The "SBK stars" are beginning to look less promising. I say it because the start of the season was so good for them. But, anyway, it's too early to draw a conclusion. I just hope they don't make "a Haga".