Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 23 Oct 2019, 21:01 (Ref:3936466)   #5401
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The 4th one is a bit harder but the others are quite easy.
Old 23 Oct 2019, 21:08 (Ref:3936468)   #5402
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
It is certainly one of the less well known of those small Italian manufacturers.
Old 23 Oct 2019, 21:19 (Ref:3936470)   #5403
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
as JR might say, just old bags of bolts...
Old 23 Oct 2019, 22:01 (Ref:3936475)   #5404
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Is picture 315 (all cracking pictures by the way) a Cooper-Bristol by any chance? It looks very similar to the car that Roddy McPhearson used to slide (as opposed to strut) around in in the late 70's/early 80's.
Not like this one, Viv
Attached Thumbnails
KWLA.jpg  
Old 24 Oct 2019, 01:02 (Ref:3936486)   #5405
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brilliant photos Bob, thanks for sharing.... but I have no clue as to what they are other than 'looks like a....'
Old 24 Oct 2019, 05:35 (Ref:3936499)   #5406
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Celle lÃ*, Chris, est hors jeu! More unfair than any coup de Trafalgar… If I tell you Bob has been kind enough to send a virtual hommage to my Dad, images 7231 and 83, you tell me………
By the way i'm really surprised to see any at Goodwood or any other track in the UK. Are/is the owner/s Brits, Bob?
Old 24 Oct 2019, 05:51 (Ref:3936502)   #5407
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Celle lÃ*, Chris, est hors jeu! More unfair than any coup de Trafalgar… If I tell you Bob has been kind enough to send a virtual hommage to my Dad, images 7231 and 83, you tell me………
By the way i'm really surprised to see any at Goodwood or any other track in the UK. Are/is the owner/s Brits, Bob?
The words Simca and Gordini sprang to mind as soon as I saw the pics of the blue cars but now I have a little clue from Gérard..... car no 56 maybe a Gordini T23S? Is the other a Simca, maybe an '8'?

Last edited by E.B; 24 Oct 2019 at 06:09.
Old 24 Oct 2019, 06:10 (Ref:3936503)   #5408
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Bit different to the usual classic car auctions, but some interesting stuff for those looking for a new project! I’ll take the little Peugeot 304 Cabriolet, but can anyone identify Lot 71 for them?

Oh, and I’ll never forgive them for spelling Gilbern with a U........

https://bidonline.ncmauctions.co.uk/...48/ncm-au10227

Last edited by Mike Bell; 24 Oct 2019 at 06:17.
Old 24 Oct 2019, 06:39 (Ref:3936506)   #5409
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Bit different to the usual classic car auctions, but some interesting stuff for those looking for a new project! I’ll take the little Peugeot 304 Cabriolet, but can anyone identify Lot 71 for them?

I wondered why you didn't go for the Gilbern! Or even the Volvo.

It's Lot 27 for me, even though it's silver. Had one for six years & loved it.

As to the mystery car, the front looks familiar, not so much the back. Interesting collection, but he never did quite finish that restoration project, did he?
Old 24 Oct 2019, 06:49 (Ref:3936507)   #5410
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Not like this one, Viv
That looks just like the one I was thinking of Baub, thanks.
Old 24 Oct 2019, 06:55 (Ref:3936509)   #5411
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Quite an eclectic bunch of cars there Mike. As you say, not the normal run of the mill classic car auctions and some certainly do look to be in a sad & sorry state...
Old 24 Oct 2019, 06:59 (Ref:3936510)   #5412
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Think EB is correct with the Gordini.
Are they Cisitalia, Maserati, OSCA,Ermini, Gordini & OSCA.

The Ermini was a big car for 1100cc!!!
Old 24 Oct 2019, 07:02 (Ref:3936511)   #5413
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I think Lot 71 is a Falcon Caribbean.
Old 24 Oct 2019, 07:25 (Ref:3936512)   #5414
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
OK! Bob, enlighten the minds of those whose knowledge of 1959's sports cars is sadly lacking.

Oops! Missed your earlier post. Well done.

Last edited by bauble; 24 Oct 2019 at 07:32.
Old 24 Oct 2019, 07:34 (Ref:3936516)   #5415
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
The words Simca and Gordini sprang to mind as soon as I saw the pics of the blue cars but now I have a little clue from Gérard..... car no 56 maybe a Gordini T23S? Is the other a Simca, maybe an '8'?
Fooled by the colour EB, a blue Italian car. Not fair.
Old 24 Oct 2019, 07:57 (Ref:3936518)   #5416
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Crikey, there is some real divorce material there!
Old 24 Oct 2019, 08:08 (Ref:3936519)   #5417
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
rbs, you're definitely hard to challenge! Chris I'd go for a Simca Gordini but wait for Bob ton confirm.

Chris while you'll enjoy the rain at Donny, I'll have to suffer the sun with a very weak engine, its the final for the Mazdas at a place you know, Circuit du Val de Vienne. My car of rental has a rather good chassis but no power… At last it seems she has an lsd fitted…

Lot 71, may be a kit based on a Sunbeam Alpine? What is the 98?
Old 24 Oct 2019, 08:11 (Ref:3936520)   #5418
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Fooled by the colour EB, a blue Italian car. Not fair.
You deserve an, ummmm, 'Oscar' for that show of pity Bob.
Old 24 Oct 2019, 08:28 (Ref:3936524)   #5419
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Well someone asked about more pictures to identify, and ever one to oblige.

Can you id these British Sports Cars from the 50's?

there is one on here who will know at least one of them, Eh? Rudernst!
Top left is KOY 500, 1952 Cooper MG chassis number 4/4/52 (according to the log book).
Built for Lionel Leonard to replace JOY500, to Horace Gould for 1953 and Ian Davidson for 1954.
Bought by me from Ron Gammons via Roger Hurst in the early 1990s and slowly restored, did quite well at Monaco Historics in 2008.
Old 24 Oct 2019, 08:42 (Ref:3936526)   #5420
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:

Chris while you'll enjoy the rain at Donny, I'll have to suffer the sun with a very weak engine, its the final for the Mazdas at a place you know, Circuit du Val de Vienne. My car of rental has a rather good chassis but no power… At last it seems she has an lsd fitted…
Ill be at Sandown Park in Melbourne, not Donny. One is 17,000 klms away, the other about 10k's .

You will have a journey down the A10 I guess. Have fun in the sun with your Mazda. Good chassis no power seems like you need the rain more than we do!
Old 24 Oct 2019, 09:33 (Ref:3936534)   #5421
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Gerard, I reckon Lot 71 is a Falcon Caribbean, a pretty rare beast now , and Lot 98 is almost certainly a Nova.

Several BMW 635s - would be interesting to see what condition they are in, hellishly expensive to restore when rust has got a hold, but would make a great touring car racer - lovely sounds.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 24 Oct 2019, 09:48 (Ref:3936535)   #5422
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Gerard, I reckon Lot 71 is a Falcon Caribbean, a pretty rare beast now , and Lot 98 is almost certainly a Nova.

Several BMW 635s - would be interesting to see what condition they are in, hellishly expensive to restore when rust has got a hold, but would make a great touring car racer - lovely sounds.
There are some serious basket cases in those lots! As you say, John, some would be ‘uneconomic’ repairs but good starting point for a race car....

Brian A reckons lot 71 is a Falcon Caribbean as well, and I’d agree.
Old 24 Oct 2019, 11:18 (Ref:3936547)   #5423
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
rbs, you're definitely hard to challenge! Chris I'd go for a Simca Gordini but wait for Bob ton confirm.

Hi Gerry M. John Turner has beaten me to it but I would agree that Lot 98 is a Nova. This was one of many kit cars that was made to fit onto a VW Beetle chassis.
Old 24 Oct 2019, 12:59 (Ref:3936563)   #5424
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
So, the truck’s DIN fitting radio has stopped working. Probably the fuse, which is likely in line behind it. How can I withdraw the unit without the special tools that unlock it? (2 holes either end...) I have several pry-bars.
Old 24 Oct 2019, 13:16 (Ref:3936564)   #5425
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
So, the truck’s DIN fitting radio has stopped working. Probably the fuse, which is likely in line behind it. How can I withdraw the unit without the special tools that unlock it? (2 holes either end...) I have several pry-bars.

Angle grinder, obviously.

Or wire coathanger, adapted?

Or 4 of those long thin screwdrivers beloved of people who work on modern electronics?

Or pop into town and ask a dodgy looking yoof what he would do ...
Closed Thread