Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Jul 2018, 05:18 (Ref:3835999)   #576
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Surprised DJ is still kicking around the TKR name. Thought he moved on to other things since he was declared bankrupt.
Old 11 Jul 2018, 06:13 (Ref:3836004)   #577
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
$10 in debt?

A wins a win right?
Old 11 Jul 2018, 21:50 (Ref:3836173)   #578
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No warranty. As is condition. km continue to rise.

As least this time they're admitting that the cars are a POS...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 30 Aug 2018, 14:09 (Ref:3847068)   #579
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just been reading on David John's Facebook page via Aaron Noonan that Team Kiwi is building a new facility.

Wonder how they're afford building new things?
Old 30 Aug 2018, 21:28 (Ref:3847144)   #580
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Just been reading on David John's Facebook page via Aaron Noonan that Team Kiwi is building a new facility.

Found some new unsuspecting supplier/sponsor I suspect..
Old 31 Aug 2018, 02:02 (Ref:3847165)   #581
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
While I was in Auckland recently I saw a display car, driving on the road that was the old Team Kiwi race car...
Old 31 Aug 2018, 11:19 (Ref:3847215)   #582
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Maybe their accountant, and our (once?) fellow 10/10ths poster, has been released
Old 1 Sep 2018, 23:42 (Ref:3847491)   #583
Dixon9
Rookie

Dixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as a kid i never knew what a cluster this team was, i was just always sad they were so slow
Old 2 Sep 2018, 04:01 (Ref:3847514)   #584
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm surprised he still has functioning legs.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 05:25 (Ref:3847521)   #585
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Doing more digging on the Book of Faces and seems Mr. John is flogging off Supercar weekend tours under the TKR banner. He's also been doing NZ national tours with the promo BA Falcon and VZ Commodore cars alongside Jason Richards' old VX Commodore plus the twisted wreck that was the 2006 Bathurst Commodore that Paul Radisich smashed coming out of the chase.

It's surprising to always read that David John is saying that he's "looking to the future and all about developing NZ drivers for the worldwide stage" but is always flogging off stuff from the past. If he was actually keen, he would form either a partnership or a sponsorship deal in say NZV8's or something in either Kumho V8's or the Super2 series but alas.

And if he's trying to make money, well, what's the old saying in motorsport? "To first become a millionaire you must be a billionaire"?
Old 2 Sep 2018, 06:45 (Ref:3847525)   #586
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

And if he's trying to make money, well, what's the old saying in motorsport? "To first become a millionaire you must be a billionaire"?
Unless you ‘forget’ to pay your GST...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 Sep 2018, 01:00 (Ref:3847773)   #587
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
Maybe their accountant, and our (once?) fellow 10/10ths poster, has been released
FB would suggest yes...
Old 16 Sep 2019, 10:54 (Ref:3928298)   #588
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Team Kiwi Rides Again

888 Commodore...
Old 16 Sep 2019, 12:11 (Ref:3928314)   #589
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So if BJR have said 'thanks but no thanks', who does that leave to run the car? WAU will be busy. Triple 8? GRM? I still say this is all pie in the sky. Happy to be wrong, maybe evomike can come back to comment.
Old 16 Sep 2019, 13:28 (Ref:3928328)   #590
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Triple 8 prepared and testing at Winton................yeah sure
Old 16 Sep 2019, 13:54 (Ref:3928331)   #591
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
If TKR actually turns up for Bathurst, I'll eat my hat. (got an old Sparco one with some crusty bits which would make it taste at least interesting)
Old 16 Sep 2019, 18:54 (Ref:3928386)   #592
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Must have sold a lot of T shirts lately then to finance another go.
Old 17 Sep 2019, 06:05 (Ref:3928461)   #593
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Team Kiwi Rides Again

888 Commodore...

Had to check the date wasn’t April 1st.

Who in their right mind would get involved with DJ and TKR given their history of bullshit and unpaid bills.
Old 17 Sep 2019, 10:14 (Ref:3928490)   #594
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post

Who in their right mind would get involved with DJ and TKR given their history of bullshit and unpaid bills.
Must be selling ride day tickets again. There are people out there that will get involved. I know who they are, and am happy to reveal their names on this forum. Victim 1, lovely guy. Victim 2, also a lovely guy and generous. the others 3 and 4 their names escape me right now? I'll have to get back to you.
Old 17 Sep 2019, 10:27 (Ref:3928492)   #595
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post

Someone who may or may not have been directly involved with this team may or may not have recently been released from serving at the pleasure of Her Majesty...
Old 18 Sep 2019, 03:02 (Ref:3928612)   #596
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Someone who may or may not have been directly involved with this team may or may not have recently been released from serving at the pleasure of Her Majesty...
Last activity April 2013, has it been that long!
Old 18 Sep 2019, 03:11 (Ref:3928613)   #597
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Need to merge the last few posts with the TKR thread - the gaol link is only a page or two back from the last post:

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...115417&page=40
Old 18 Sep 2019, 08:37 (Ref:3928652)   #598
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Team Kiwi Racing FB Page
MEDIA RELEASE
TEAM KIWI RACING
17 September 2019
TEAM KIWI RACING ANSWER CALL FOR HELP
19 years after the brand was first established to support Kiwi drivers, Team Kiwi Racing (TKR) is still working as a hard as they ever have to provide talented Kiwi drivers with the opportunity to secure a seat in the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship, with the potential to show case their talent at no better venue than the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000.

Team owner David John and his sponsors are working tirelessly to see if they can help provide Chris van der Drift and Jaxon Evans with the opportunity to drive at Bathurst this year with a competitive race package, or not race at all.

The objective to raise the funds for the selected TKR drivers over the years including Van der Drift and Evans is no small task especially when TKR has never had the luxury of drivers being able to contribute money to the teams running budget seeing TKR having to fund the entire program themselves.

An agreement has been reached with Triple Eight Racing to purchase a ZB Commodore. While the internationally experienced Kiwi driver pairing of Jaxon Evans who has previously won the Porsche Carrera Cup Australia and most recently has secured the Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland Rookie Classification title along with fellow Kiwi, Chris van der Drift who has won three Porsche Carrera Cup Asia Championship titles along with three European Championship titles have signed to drive the TKR All Black machine, Evans having received approval from Porsche AG as their Junior Development driver in order to line up on the Bathurst 1000 grid with TKR.

“The opportunity to drive for Team Kiwi Racing is very personal to me as I was selected as the first ever TKR Junior Development Academy Driver in 2000 where I worked with TKR on weekends at their Head Quarters in Auckland alongside the late Jason Richards.

To have the opportunity to line up at Bathurst 20 years later is a very special opportunity for me and will be a dream come true.” says van der Drift.

Likewise, Jaxon Evans is also very passionate about the opportunity to jump in the TKR ALL Black Machine

“I am so grateful for TKR being prepared to take a rookie Supercars driver to Bathurst and give me the opportunity to repay their confidence in me,” said Evans.

“As a Kiwi I have grown up watching TKR over the years and the many Kiwi drivers they have assisted, and to be part of that motorsport history would be something very special for me.”

“I would also like to thank Porsche AG for allowing me to take up this special opportunity with TKR,” said Jaxon Evans.

Plans are to test the TKR All Black machine at Queensland Raceway later in the month as a final preparation for the Mount Panorama classic are also locked in.

The search for the right engineer has taken place in earnest, while the budget required to provide this opportunity sits at 80% of the total budget needed. These final two pieces of the puzzle are all that stands between Team Kiwi and a starting berth at the 2019 Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000.

“Our objectives are achievable but it is going to be a very long week with numerous discussions ongoing to ensure we have the required budget and package that is at a level that matches the caliber of both van der Drift and Evans’ ability,” explained David John TKR team owner.

“We have a fantastic following here in New Zealand but also the Kiwi’s who call Australia home and from all the emails we receive each week I know they want to see a Kiwi team back in the Supercars Championship, which is evident from the 227 guests we had with us at the Pukekohe Supercars round on the weekend and another 112 that are ready to travel to Mount Panorama with TKR, even if we don’t make the grid this year.”

Team Kiwi Racing are on the brink of a successful 2019 Bathurst 1000 campaign, only the final budget and engineer that understands the ex 888 race machine is needed to get TKR over the line.

“I believe we have all the ingredients to make a real challenge in the Supercars at Bathurst, we don’t want to be a field filler team and with talented drivers such as Chris van der Drift and Jaxon Evans, the ex-Triple Eight car, along with the crew we have already assembled, I am sure that will not happen but if we cannot get all aspects of this campaign over the line by the end of this week we simply will not be at Bathurst this year.”

“Our focus will turn to have the TKR All Black machine on the grid at the opening round of the Supercars Championship in Adelaide for 2020. It will also be TKR’s 20th anniversary season since debuting in the Supercars Championship as the first ever Kiwi team to do so in 2000 at Bathurst Mount Panorama with Kiwi Jason Richards behind the wheel of the TKR ALL Black machine on debut.”

Team Kiwi Racing will make its final decision in conjunction with Supercars on the Bathurst campaign this coming Friday.

For further information and to support Team Kiwi’s call to action on the 2019 Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000, contact David John Team Owner at djohn@teamkiwiracing.co.nz or call 0011 64 21 636877.
ENDS
For Further Information
David John
Team Kiwi Racing
Team Owner
djohn@teamkiwiracing.co.nz
+64 21 636 877
Interesting...
Old 18 Sep 2019, 12:09 (Ref:3928677)   #599
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Team Kiwi Racing are on the brink of a successful 2019 Bathurst 1000 campaign, only the final budget and engineer that understands the ex 888 race machine is needed to get TKR over the line.
probably the most important paragraph right there. I'm no expert, but I guess no money and no engineer might be a barrier to a successful campaign.
Old 19 Sep 2019, 02:19 (Ref:3928771)   #600
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
probably the most important paragraph right there. I'm no expert, but I guess no money and no engineer might be a barrier to a successful campaign.
Was going to say the same thing !

Just a couple of minor details to iron out:

"only the final budget and engineer that understands the ex 888 race machine is needed to get TKR over the line."

We're all on the cusp of a Bathurst wildcard apparently !