Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 6 Apr 2015, 08:48 (Ref:3524282)   #1
Trikes
Rookie

Australia
Australia Hobart
Trikes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Launch Pitch Tuning FWD

Guys am looking to improve my 60ft Launch Times quite drastically. Have thought about obtaining some rubber blocks to fit between the rear springs but .........

Any thoughts / idea's?
Old 28 Jun 2015, 08:14 (Ref:3554390)   #2
Trikes
Rookie

Australia
Australia Hobart
Well after much research through testing etc I've worked out how to prevent rear droop in FWD car. Simply adjust the rear shocks up a bit harder. I went up 5 clicks. My times at a recent hill climb were with in .002 of the fastest AWD car. Simple hey.

There is another way which I'm working on and that is to place a 10mm spacer under the front of the rear swing arms - I'm told. still in the building process........stay tuned all my avid readers.
Old 9 Dec 2015, 00:08 (Ref:3596519)   #3
Trikes
Rookie

Australia
Australia Hobart
Found an even better my of controlling wheel spin and improving my Launch's was to fit PU engine mounts. In my Satria GTi it has four mounts and the one that controls the wheel spin and wheel hop is the front one under the engine. Bought a set of PU Mounts from Ebay (MadPolly in Brisbane Australia) for EVO 123, changed the bolts to fit, burnt out the old rubber Inserts and pushed the Poly's straight in. Did one at a time to check each Mount improvement and like I said the front one under the engine was the single biggest improvement. The Left top mount totally eliminated the rest of the Wheel hop. My 20m Launch's are right up with the best in any Class (including AWD cars). Negatives: The car rattle's a lot now...... and the Engine moved downward about 12mm and I had to bend the mounts a little to get it off the floor where it was touching which was weird I thought. But all in all I'm 4.5 tenths quicker simply by upgrading the Mounts.