Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jan 2019, 13:44 (Ref:3878547)   #1101
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fair comment!
Old 25 Jan 2019, 15:56 (Ref:3878564)   #1102
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Is it only me or something with the wipers………
Dont worry about your song, the contest is said EURO-vision …
Bon d'accord, bon prince je sais me montrer magnanime what about Satisfaction or Gloria by Them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlWiQ69DGE0 I love this song. But my best would be related to your economic news and one of Mike's car: Yellow submarine. Inflatable version, six seats, available in migrant version, the same, no seats, 220 persons! As for the brochure, valve and pump are extra!
Old 25 Jan 2019, 15:59 (Ref:3878567)   #1103
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Or Pin Froyd, "Another kick in the wall"…………
Old 25 Jan 2019, 16:00 (Ref:3878568)   #1104
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
I see Tim Harvey has bought a Van Dieman for Classic FF racing this year. Think it's his first race car.
Didnt know that they did a wide body version.

Maybe he is getting Mclaren to build a new “mansell spec chassis” for him??
Old 25 Jan 2019, 16:02 (Ref:3878569)   #1105
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Classic pic of the works Cooper S mid-corner! Smoke? What smoke?

Just twigged that it’s getting near the time for European countries (And Australia ) to chose their Eurovision song. Having listened to some of our prospective artists and some extremely uninspiring songs, it’s obvious that we just don’t care anymore!

Maybe in the current circumstances we should select something appropriate from previous artists and hits. Any suggestions? I’ll start with Moody Blues and ‘Go Now’.....
The Undertones: “Did you ever fall in love with someone you shouldnt have”
Old 25 Jan 2019, 16:05 (Ref:3878570)   #1106
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Or Pin Froyd, "Another kick in the wall"…………
That would be the USA entry if they were not so isolationist.
Old 25 Jan 2019, 16:08 (Ref:3878571)   #1107
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Didnt know that they did a wide body version.

Maybe he is getting Mclaren to build a new “mansell spec chassis” for him??
I believe Van Diemen used to build special long-chassis cars for John "Butcher" Booth because of his height.
Old 25 Jan 2019, 16:15 (Ref:3878575)   #1108
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
That would be the USA entry if they were not so isolationist.
Andy, something like that may be:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm9A...9AXfR1sgA&t=13
But because you know "my" English now, special dédicace:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vstNm5xzuKM
The day after: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2oKRKZnEoA
Old 25 Jan 2019, 16:20 (Ref:3878577)   #1109
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Talking about co-incindence is always fun when the battle is over. For instance it was said a Panhard 24 CT was seen "around" Chrysler premises before the Corvair was born and a Citroën DS probably inspired Rover engineers -not designers- for the lovely P6.
When talking about design, I hope the numerous Alfista together with me will shout that the best of the '60s has to be awarded to the Giulia with no doubt. Not only because its Cx was fantastic but the designers used a trick, hard to spot at first glance, "une coquetterie". When heading to the car, seen from front or rear, you can barely notice any pillar. Hope its clear if not I count on a lot of help. C'on guys! Gérard, ex-fan dé l'echcudéria del Bordello

Somewhat belatedly, I'm with you! I've got a couple of Giulias tucked away in my unit waiting for me to have an attack of enthusiasm....One's a LHD that I bought with the intention of making it a historic race car, but doubt I can afford all the stuff needed to make it competitive - even if I could drive it properly! May sell one to finance finishing the other - though I'd love one as a road car......
Old 25 Jan 2019, 16:23 (Ref:3878579)   #1110
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The Undertones: “Did you ever fall in love with someone you shouldnt have”
I thought of this one too Andy (but it was The Buzzcocks...)
Old 25 Jan 2019, 16:26 (Ref:3878580)   #1111
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
We raced a Giulia with a 2 litre, it becomes very fast and fun. I never understood the two master vac thingy tho…*If you refurbish one, dont forget the seal around the pedal box when its a floor mounted one. If not, you will at best catch a cold of have your trousers very wet!
Old 25 Jan 2019, 16:33 (Ref:3878581)   #1112
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Mine was grey although originally Moss Green when it left the factory, the interior was 'tobacco leaf' (brown). It started out as a 1300 but had been upgraded to a 1750 engine, that according to factory records was originally fitted to an Alfetta saloon. It had moved around too; first registered in Rome, I acquired it after it was abandoned in London by its German owner.

My GT Junior was a 71 model, bought from a friend who bought it back from the insurance after a bus had smacked the rear end.....As all the pick-up points for suspension etc were well forward and nothing behind the back window had any purpose except to hold the fuel tank up and stop the exhaust dragging on the floor I simply jacked the rear panelwork out to a rough approximation of the correct shape so the bootlid fitted and the lights worked, threw a bit of filler at it, and enjoyed it (It was the late 70s, and although it wasn't an old car it didn't seem to have much value.)

Kept it for a while but I was working in London and had bought the only new car I ever had (a 1.5 Alfasud Super ) so sold the GT Junior to a mate, who promptly blew up the 1300 motor, and fitted a 1750. A few months later whilst visiting a scrapyard back up north for bits to fix milady's car, I found poor old TMR24J (the Junior) peched on top of another car in the yard - apparently he'd blown the 1750, too, the rockape! I wasn't happy.....
Old 25 Jan 2019, 16:38 (Ref:3878583)   #1113
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I thought of this one too Andy (but it was The Buzzcocks...)
Oh yes!
Old 25 Jan 2019, 16:41 (Ref:3878585)   #1114
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
One mate recently gone wanted to start racing with something different. He had several Alfas in his barn so I suggested he could go for a 1800 Alfetta berlina with a 2 litre. Nice looking and a real transaxle, unlike the '44 series for instance. Having only one car around helped and nobody could spot the difference between a 1800 and a 2000 body…
Old 25 Jan 2019, 16:48 (Ref:3878587)   #1115
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Somewhat belatedly, I'm with you! I've got a couple of Giulias tucked away in my unit waiting for me to have an attack of enthusiasm....One's a LHD that I bought with the intention of making it a historic race car, but doubt I can afford all the stuff needed to make it competitive - even if I could drive it properly! May sell one to finance finishing the other - though I'd love one as a road car......
Could you not build one to a relatively basic club spec for CSCC?
Old 25 Jan 2019, 16:51 (Ref:3878588)   #1116
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Maybe in the current circumstances we should select something appropriate from previous artists and hits. Any suggestions? I’ll start with Moody Blues and ‘Go Now’.....

One of my favourites? The Animals - "We've gotta get out of this place" (1965)
Old 25 Jan 2019, 16:55 (Ref:3878589)   #1117
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
One of my favourites? The Animals - "We've gotta get out of this place" (1965)

Beat me to it! I couldn't remember who it was by. Most appropriate though...
Old 25 Jan 2019, 17:00 (Ref:3878591)   #1118
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Any of those suggestions could work! Would send a message.....
Old 25 Jan 2019, 17:03 (Ref:3878593)   #1119
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Quote:
Could you not build one to a relatively basic club spec for CSCC?

Both cars are 72 build, but I could probably blag it into Swinging 60s, I guess. Not sure how competitive in 1600cc, but it is tempting.....though I do like the 75 we're running again this year, even if we're slow
Old 25 Jan 2019, 17:06 (Ref:3878594)   #1120
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Two for our Brexiteers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mSn4-szhus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDqmJEWOJRI
Old 25 Jan 2019, 17:10 (Ref:3878595)   #1121
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post

I know how it felt to be free - I predate the EU (and the EEC by quite a long way
Old 25 Jan 2019, 17:12 (Ref:3878596)   #1122
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!

Couple of pretty special voices there. Nina Simone singing ‘Feeling good’ is one of my all time favourites....
Old 25 Jan 2019, 17:35 (Ref:3878599)   #1123
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Both cars are 72 build, but I could probably blag it into Swinging 60s, I guess. Not sure how competitive in 1600cc, but it is tempting.....though I do like the 75 we're running again this year, even if we're slow
If the model and spec was available int he sixties then it is eligible for CSCC Seinging Sixties even if the actual chassis is 72.
Old 25 Jan 2019, 17:42 (Ref:3878603)   #1124
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
If Nina Simone, go for "Ne me quitte pas" more moving than the original one by Jacques Brel. And Amsterdam, just for Le Fat Clerck!
Old 25 Jan 2019, 17:47 (Ref:3878604)   #1125
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
With this one, you're all done:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PJWRKkMpHM
A real angel, the bag pipes are for John E! Nobody on earth and elsewhere can beat her. Done you are!