Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 11 Dec 2002, 00:00 (Ref:447364)   #1
medler
Racer

medler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who's driving in Formula Ford next year?

Right lets see if we can behave ourselves and post a Formula Ford thread that doesn’t disintegrate into one almighty-slanging match, because if we don’t start behaving ourselves Bella will be coming round the paddock next year to spank our legs.
Anybody know which drivers are in the Series next year? Is Oliver Jarvis driving for Comtech and Stuart Hall driving for JLR? Is Alex Danielson driving?
Lets be nice folks
Old 11 Dec 2002, 00:28 (Ref:447378)   #2
goughy
Racer

goughy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All going well I should be on the grid next year in the scholarship class. Had one test at Donington last week and will be testing again at Donington on the 19th.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 00:28 (Ref:447379)   #3
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Daniel Clarke at VD is all I know.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 09:12 (Ref:447492)   #4
holaguapa
Rookie

holaguapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont know what jarvis is doing, but I know tom kimber-smith is with jlr, charlie donnely is with comtec and so is daniel clarke like you said russfelt, gaymore may be driving for comtec too. I think nexa have some good drivers signed up but I dont wan to say anything too soon because its early days, but I hope the grids are better for next year, althought this year was very competitive there was not nearly enough cars out, to make it like ff use to be.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 09:54 (Ref:447504)   #5
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
BennyBoy1978 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Russfeld
Daniel Clarke at VD is all I know.
Well all his self advertising paid off, respect to the guy!

Will VD be as competitive again next year?
Old 11 Dec 2002, 12:57 (Ref:447566)   #6
powerflowmotors
Rookie

powerflowmotors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Next years grid should be action packed with the junior and seniors running together although im sure its going to cause alot of arguments!
Looks like Danielson is going to be a real contender in his Ray, especially if Tommy Field can keep up the good motors. Kimber Smith and Stuart Hall look to be with JLR - they should cause some fireworks together! Kimber Smith cant be that good - he has never won a race all year and then Hall got in it and won, maybe thats a sign of things to come.Those two are at JLR but who are their teammates? Any ideas?
Personally I think next year is going to be between the JLR boys and Danielson and possibly Jarvis.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 14:29 (Ref:447636)   #7
holaguapa
Rookie

yea, if danielson does it he will be a real contender if he keeps his head together, so will jarvis, hes got s**t loads of karting experance behind im. i dont think hall has singned for jlr yet, there has been nothing in the press about it. whatever happens, I hope the racings going to be good, us spectators need something to rabble on about. It gets boaring when its just lewis.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 14:50 (Ref:447654)   #8
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, where is Angie/Rat Features and whatever his other nom de plume is?
Old 11 Dec 2002, 14:53 (Ref:447656)   #9
holaguapa
Rookie

its good hes not around we can have a decent conversation with out telling the fat naker what we think of him!!!
Old 12 Dec 2002, 09:56 (Ref:448152)   #10
Richard Dean
Rookie

Richard Dean should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It didn't take long did it! I will try to stop this one going in the slagging off direction (as much as I find it funny to read). Stuart Hall has signed to run alongside Tom Kimber-Smith, I don't go with your view (powerflowmotors) that Tom can't be good because Stuart won the race at Snett although I may see how you have come to that conclusion. We think he will win races this year and has just won nomination to the BRDC rising star programme. Staurt showed what he can do if he is enjoying his racing, I thought he was very good in the rain at Snett in the winter series winning and pole position. Jeremy List has also signed with us and was in the top ten in each QF and race of the winter series.
Jarvis will be the main threat with Danielsson showing how fast he can be on occasion, If Matt Howsen can get a budget together I think he will be quick as will James Walker. My view only!
Old 12 Dec 2002, 10:29 (Ref:448164)   #11
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who's Walker running with? I had heard he and Darwin Smith were trying to get something together with Mackie
Old 12 Dec 2002, 10:45 (Ref:448174)   #12
String
Rookie

String should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Lewis the rat angie billy b, is on holiday... or prison! (my view only!)

And I'm a JLR man anyway, so go Tom go! and go Stuart go. and who ever else they get, I hope they win everything!

And now VD has pulled the plug on being a works team, everyone else will have a fairer crack of the front. With no favoritism on who gets the development bits, I can't see rat getting much help from VD if he runs one! So the playing feild should be more level. (i'm pretty sure thats my view only on that one too!)
Old 12 Dec 2002, 11:05 (Ref:448187)   #13
holaguapa
Rookie

I agree with your view mr dean, hall and kimber smith are looking good together, as you may have gatherd im a jlr man too, they have really caught my attntion this year, I wish I was 10 years younger so I could drive for them. javis us going to b hasstle no doubt about that, and there will be some other biys who re goingt to be quick, I wouldent discount nexa, there sure to come up with something a bit special, linsey and roger are not stupid they no how to win!!!
Old 12 Dec 2002, 11:44 (Ref:448206)   #14
powerflowmotors
Rookie

powerflowmotors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Dean I must apologise, Thomas has shown considerable talent this year and for sure is a top notch FFord driver, but a year in a top team without a win isn't good for any reputation, although I am only a spectator and not a team boss. Stuart Hall has seemed to have a tough year under the Lewis dictatorship now he's in a real team the pressure is on to get the results which he has certainly proved he can do when he's on it but he's got to be on it every test and race if he's going to do the job against Jarvis, Danielson and co.
I have been an avid supporter of your team throughout this season and look forward to your boys taking over from the old works dominance on a permanent basis.
For sure its going to be an entertaining year and I shall be attending the meetings with great enthusiasm and interest, so good luck and may the force be with you.
Old 12 Dec 2002, 13:58 (Ref:448338)   #15
caro_line69
Rookie

caro_line69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Next year Comtec are the racing arm of VD still, just different colours.

So VD will not be any less competitive than before. The red and white colour scheme will be more bold aswell! IMO.

Congrats to Daniel Clarke too! Evidently, blowing your own trumpet does pay off (if that's what it was all down to)

Caro_line69
"The one and only line"
Old 12 Dec 2002, 20:11 (Ref:448571)   #16
String
Rookie

Ah I see now, this could be another lewis carnation hence the 69 connotation. Still thinking VD are backing CONtec are you? If the paddock is lead to believe that CONtec are being favored by VD, you could end up with a big shift in chassis numbers to the other manufactures throughout the year. Favoritism to an Ex-employee would go down very badly!
Old 13 Dec 2002, 10:50 (Ref:448953)   #17
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
where can i get a list of drivers and teams from the 2002 season
Old 13 Dec 2002, 12:29 (Ref:448992)   #18
caro_line69
Rookie

Vd not only supply the best chassis (open to debate of course) but they provide the best trackside support for teams, every team. Anyone who knows their arse-from-their-elbow *eyes a few ppl on this board* should know that.

It's not just the speed of the chassis that matters to a team, it's the 10th wishbone of the weekend for your barrier-crazy foreign driver. And some manufacturers just can't deliver that when you need it.
Old 13 Dec 2002, 12:46 (Ref:448999)   #19
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello??? Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho. It's JL again, isn't it? (7 posts)
Old 13 Dec 2002, 12:54 (Ref:449003)   #20
caro_line69
Rookie

Doesn't matter who you accuse me of being, it doesn't disgard the facts that are clearly presented.

If you are as knowledgable as you make out, you know the truth, and you can't deny the facts presented before you.

All you can do is attack the person who posts the facts, which er.... you seem to have already done...

Caro_line69
Old 13 Dec 2002, 19:36 (Ref:449271)   #21
medler
Racer

Powerflowmotors your comments about Tom seem a bit unfair, as far as I can remember only 3 driver won a race in last years championship, none of which will be in the series this year. Tom did get a share of podiums and seemed to really come good at the end of the year. He also did quite well in the winter series as did Stuart Hall, if they work together they could be quite a force.
I think Oliver Jarvis should do well he's seemed to get better last year when he got into a Van Diemen and now has the advantage of driving with Comtech, probably as no 1 driver. I assume that Alex Danielsson is in a JATO Ray, as in the winter series. He should be another one up the front of the grid.
I think with the Juniors racing on the same grid it should be quite impressive to watch providing their aren't to many shunts. The series could end up breaking all records for red flags and safety cars.
Old 13 Dec 2002, 20:50 (Ref:449310)   #22
Elci
Rookie

Elci should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who's angie/rat features/rat angie billy b????????? I've only been at uni 3 months but I've got no idea what you're all talking about anymore! :-( sob! feeling very deprived of fford :-(... gonna go cry in the corner!
Old 13 Dec 2002, 23:05 (Ref:449423)   #23
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Who's driving in Formula Ford next year?

Quote:
Originally posted by medler
Right lets see if we can behave ourselves and post a Formula Ford thread that doesn’t disintegrate into one almighty-slanging match, because if we don’t start behaving ourselves Bella will be coming round the paddock next year to spank our legs.
you wish....

anyone know how many of the junior ford competitors from this year are planning to stay on in seniors?
Old 13 Dec 2002, 23:11 (Ref:449428)   #24
medler
Racer

Re: Re: Who's driving in Formula Ford next year?

Quote:
Originally posted by bella
you wish....
I sure do!
But the threat seemed to work it been very civilized so far.
Old 14 Dec 2002, 00:24 (Ref:449470)   #25
String
Rookie

Of course it's civilised NOW! The Rat is holed up in his cage somewhere.