Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 14 Jun 2007, 22:21 (Ref:1937292)   #276
HCForums
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
HCForums should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don´t get me wrong, I think Tomas is a great guy and certainly felt for him when I saw the marshals pulling him out of the Ferrari earlier this year at St. Pete. He has raced a lot of different classes and has had some great results. I admire what he´s done to stay in racing, for example return back to the F3000 in 2004. It´s just that now and then he makes these silly mistakes.

Back to the topic. I think we´ll see Audi take this. They have so much experience at Le Mans in recent years and they seem to have a solution to every problem. Even when they´re losing time they seem to be gaining some. Those are the moments that will win you the 24 hours of Le Mans. I think Peugeot will run into some kind of trouble. They´ve only done two real races with this car and those weren´t trouble free. We don´t want to see flapping doors or brake trouble at the biggest race of the year.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 22:36 (Ref:1937313)   #277
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Daddy
So it looks like the Peugeot will get that all important picture on the front page of the French papers. (like there was any doubt)

Not only in french papers...
Old 15 Jun 2007, 00:18 (Ref:1937371)   #278
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
You mean it'll be on the front page of The Sun? Wow!
Old 15 Jun 2007, 00:26 (Ref:1937374)   #279
gran_champ
Rookie

United States
Farmington, Missouri, USA
gran_champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man, it really ticks me off to miss todays qualifying. I wish speed wasn't run over by Nascar so badly. And F1 isn't all to great either, but they are at least getting a tad bit of coverage for it. If only MotorsTV would come to USA.....
Old 15 Jun 2007, 00:35 (Ref:1937377)   #280
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So it looks like:
P-1 Total Peugeot # 8
P-2 Barazi Zytek # 33 Fernandez
GT-1 Oreca Saleen # 55
GT-2 Ecosse F430 # 87

L.P.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 00:41 (Ref:1937379)   #281
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
HORNDAWG, isn't the #008 Aston on GT1 pole?
Old 15 Jun 2007, 02:12 (Ref:1937401)   #282
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
HORNDAWG, isn't the #008 Aston on GT1 pole?
Yes my BAD! That was on my early sheet.

L.P.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 07:52 (Ref:1937526)   #283
Mirage M6
Racer

Mirage M6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2nd qualifying pics from EI:

http://www.endurance-info.com/articl...&mode=&order=0
Old 15 Jun 2007, 08:09 (Ref:1937538)   #284
Mirage M6
Racer

Qualifying results (pdf):

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...nce2_4hCla.pdf
Old 15 Jun 2007, 08:39 (Ref:1937551)   #285
tramker
Rookie

tramker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCForums
I still remember Kox and Enge at Le Mans one year (2003 I think), when they were on their way for class victory and Tomas decided to mess it up.

Whenever Enge is racing you know there will be a least one caution flag. I´ve seen him crash so many times in IRL, A1, ALMS, Le Mans. He may be a fast driver but he makes a lot of mistakes.
You are talking nonsense. Most of these 'crashes' were retirements due mechanical failure, puncture, or something like that. As for Le Mans, I remember engine failure in that year you are referring to. In the Aston Martin, it was Darren Turner who caused the damage last year and mechanical failure the year before.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 09:02 (Ref:1937561)   #286
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The disappointing qualifying time of Pescarolo is the consequence of handling problems.
Quote:
Chief engineer Andre De Cortanze said: "Unfortunately none of the drivers are happy with the car.

"The fact that all three drivers in each car are reporting the same problems confirms to me that the our troubles are technical and not human."

But while the drivers are giving the same feedback as those they are sharing their cars with, the two machines appear to be encountering completely different issues.

De Cortanze added: "It's very strange because the 17 car is set up in exactly the same way as the 16 and yet one is suffering from oversteer and the other from understeer."
source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/59770
Old 15 Jun 2007, 11:09 (Ref:1937603)   #287
Mirage M6
Racer

Bad news for Pescarolo...It's worrying, but I'm sure they will find a solution for tomorrow.

Thanks for the info gwyllion.

Ferdinand Porsche
Old 15 Jun 2007, 14:44 (Ref:1937727)   #288
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Has the T2M Dome been officially excluded? It did a blistering 124 mph down the Mulsanne.....that's dangerous.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 15:27 (Ref:1937759)   #289
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quick question about the grid - do they line up in class order (LMP1 cars, then LMP2 cars etc) or do they line up in the exact quali order with mixed up classes?
Old 15 Jun 2007, 15:29 (Ref:1937762)   #290
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton
Has the T2M Dome been officially excluded? It did a blistering 124 mph down the Mulsanne.....that's dangerous.
not only that they managed to get some opposite lock out of the car
http://www.endurance-info.com/2007_L...s/Jeudi_01.jpg

but seriously what makes it so slow? surely if they had engine problems on wednesday they could have changed engines and that one would have worked?
Old 15 Jun 2007, 15:39 (Ref:1937767)   #291
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab
Quick question about the grid - do they line up in class order (LMP1 cars, then LMP2 cars etc) or do they line up in the exact quali order with mixed up classes?
The latter
Old 15 Jun 2007, 15:41 (Ref:1937772)   #292
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great, thanks

I think we're in for a classic this year. It's set itself up brilliantly for a great scrap in all 4 classes with possible rain
Old 15 Jun 2007, 16:04 (Ref:1937784)   #293
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
the opening hour of the race i hope is dry because the peugeot v audi scrap is going to be brilliant fun and aston martin, v corvette v saleen is going to be great.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 17:35 (Ref:1937844)   #294
Ace Daddy
Rookie

United States
Tucson Arizona
Ace Daddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yea the battles in all 4 classes will be classic stuff. Im just hoping the Aston's or Saleen's can tkae out the Corvettes for once!
Old 15 Jun 2007, 17:57 (Ref:1937855)   #295
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm getting excited! The GT2 battle will be the best I think. I wish I could go, but don't think I'll ever make it.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 18:26 (Ref:1937869)   #296
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton
No according to DSC, it will be on the grid.

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 15 Jun 2007 at 18:35.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 20:55 (Ref:1937939)   #297
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Well, that's good - we were in the situation of both the Japanese entries not making it. Now both will (even though I can't see either lasting 24 hours)
Old 15 Jun 2007, 22:29 (Ref:1938001)   #298
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux
not only that they managed to get some opposite lock out of the car
http://www.endurance-info.com/2007_L...s/Jeudi_01.jpg

but seriously what makes it so slow? surely if they had engine problems on wednesday they could have changed engines and that one would have worked?
If it's an installation/electrics issue, and their continuing problems certainly suggest it is, changing the lump would make no difference. The fact is that they're many many months too late, and grossly undertested. This is the problem with the ACO moving their entrance acceptances earlier and earlier, there is no longer the same onus on having something like a functioning car running to demonstrate that you are fit to receive an entry.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 22:52 (Ref:1938016)   #299
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab
Well, that's good - we were in the situation of both the Japanese entries not making it. Now both will (even though I can't see either lasting 24 hours)
I understand what your saying, but I think they should do a lap and retire the car. Having a rolling road block running 30 seconds a lap slower than any car in the field could be dangerous. I'm pretty sure my car will out run it at this point.
Closed Thread