Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 May 2010, 12:41 (Ref:2683168)   #26
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog07 View Post
Tell me Mazda didn't build that with Le Mans in mind. Imagine Dyson running 2 of those in 2011? Now theres a wet dream.
I heard that they've actually dismantled that car, so it doesn't exist any more.
Old 2 May 2010, 12:47 (Ref:2683172)   #27
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dismantled? As in taken apart? As in can be rebuilt again?

Yes, unfortunatley it will probalbly never be seen racing, but what a machine.
Old 2 May 2010, 13:27 (Ref:2683189)   #28
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It wouldn't be that hard for them to build another one, all they built was a body to go on one of the BK Motorsports P2 chassis. Although I think they'd have to use a newer base since I'm not sure it was still raceable when they made their design project.
Old 2 May 2010, 14:49 (Ref:2683224)   #29
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps they just had the early concept car use a different chasis in preperation for the bodywork and goods to be used in their own under-development chasis? Full fledged Mazda LMP effort? That would be amazing, perhaps on some Japanese rubbers aswell.
Old 2 May 2010, 17:11 (Ref:2683295)   #30
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FĂ©lix View Post
There's a future RX7 coming with a new "16X" engine, maybe with forced injection. So it's not dead, no.
At least there's some good news. Mazda has allways stated that if they'll return to Le Mans,it'd be with a rotary engine. I guess however that with no rotaries in the european market,a topclass Le Mans entry is as far away as Alpha Centauri...
Old 2 May 2010, 18:04 (Ref:2683330)   #31
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Haven't a couple teams run with the Mazda/AER MKZ-R engine the last couple years? Seems like the PR guys are saying the rotary is vital to their racing while the engineers and accountants have decided, other than the GA RX-8, to move on to other projects. I'm just curious how well it will run if it can stay in LMP2 with the GT2 engines possibly coming into the class. (I haven't heard anything about a team committing to a GT2 based project, that I can remember.)
Old 2 May 2010, 18:45 (Ref:2683347)   #32
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With or without "Wankel system" engine(even with a traditional V8), I'd wish MAZDA to come back to Le Mans one day
Old 2 May 2010, 19:56 (Ref:2683387)   #33
mazda1
Rookie

United States
Orlando,FL
mazda1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The way the rules are now and have been since 1992, the rotary engine is not going to win at lemans. Too resricted. It seems that the Grand Am series is the end of the road for that engine right now.
Old 3 May 2010, 23:04 (Ref:2683991)   #34
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe we'll see a rotary/hybrid unit appear somewhere in the upcoming years. After all,the high torque at low revs from a brushless motor combined with the high revving rotary would seem to have potential...
Old 8 Feb 2013, 15:50 (Ref:3201283)   #35
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
There are romours that all of the cars that won the car of the decade will run at this years race on the saturday morning, so for those that have never experienced it you will hear the 787b for the first time and for those of us that have we can all close our eyes and remember the greatest noise ever made by a le mans car IMHO
Old 8 Feb 2013, 15:56 (Ref:3201284)   #36
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
There are romours that all of the cars that won the car of the decade will run at this years race on the saturday morning, so for those that have never experienced it you will hear the 787b for the first time and for those of us that have we can all close our eyes and remember the greatest noise ever made by a le mans car IMHO
Fingers crossed, if they do so they'll be running two screamers in parallel for the 1990s, the 905 Evo 1b should also run alongside the Mazda.
Old 8 Feb 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3201289)   #37
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Will Mazda ever consider another go at Le Mans with a wankel?
They're Japanese, so instead of a Wankel they could hire Dario Franchitti
Old 8 Feb 2013, 16:15 (Ref:3201297)   #38
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
You just made my day Simon!
The chance to see a Peugeot 905 running at Le Mans is one of my biggest dreams!

Seeing the others, doesn't hurt
Old 8 Feb 2013, 18:10 (Ref:3201332)   #39
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
If they all run at the same time it will be noisier than the start of the actual race
Old 8 Feb 2013, 18:36 (Ref:3201344)   #40
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
If they all run at the same time it will be noisier than the start of the actual race
Only issue I see is that it might conflict with our meeting!?
Old 8 Feb 2013, 20:17 (Ref:3201387)   #41
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
When the Mazda ran in 2011 we all moved over to the fencing to watch it go past
Old 8 Feb 2013, 20:54 (Ref:3201402)   #42
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Two sightings in three years for the 787B is something special.

Just wish I could be somewhere on the Mulsanne to watch it.
Old 8 Feb 2013, 21:22 (Ref:3201413)   #43
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
That would be nice but I think just above the pit exit will have to do, and the echo from the grandstands makes the sound even better
Old 8 Feb 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3201424)   #44
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Mazda wont consider anything , while their still basking in the 1991 win ..... shame on them with all their half assed efforts ..... imo .
Old 8 Feb 2013, 21:54 (Ref:3201427)   #45
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Definitely sad to see the SkyActiv stuff in the States seemingly getting precious little help.

Thought we'd get a P2 engine at Le Mans this year but not to be. Have to agree with Badger - Mazda need to step up!
Old 8 Feb 2013, 22:12 (Ref:3201438)   #46
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
When the Mazda ran in 2011 we all moved over to the fencing to watch it go past
As did we last year with 3 Matras screaming by.....
Drool....
Old 9 Feb 2013, 09:53 (Ref:3201674)   #47
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Mazda wont consider anything , while their still basking in the 1991 win ..... shame on them with all their half assed efforts ..... imo .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Definitely sad to see the SkyActiv stuff in the States seemingly getting precious little help.

Thought we'd get a P2 engine at Le Mans this year but not to be. Have to agree with Badger - Mazda need to step up!
Let's remember Mazda's very limited capacity compared to Audi, Toyota, PSA and Honda.
To be honest, I think Mazda has done a good job with what they got, however they need to think seriously about their future. Small capacity Manufactures like Mazda is a dying breed.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 15:19 (Ref:3201794)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I loved the car, but not so sure I loved the noise. Greatest ever sound at Le Mans? For me, nothing lives with the Toyota TS010. I get goosebumps on my goosebumps just thinking about it. 2nd place goes to the McLaren F1, third to the Silk Cut Jags.....
Old 9 Feb 2013, 16:10 (Ref:3201817)   #49
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I hope the rumours are correct, but the ACO's website merely says the cars will be on display in the village.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 18:40 (Ref:3201887)   #50
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Mazda will be bringing out a '90 787 to the Mitty Historic weekend, at Road Atlanta, this year to run and race they have said run RACE laps this spring. Between that and a couple Can Am cars races over the weekend makes it a weekend to look forward to since I can't get to LM anytime soon.