Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Nov 2019, 19:04 (Ref:3943245)   #51
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I’d seen conflicting reports around Larousse and who would have driven if they’d survived into 1995.

On one hand I remember seeing something about Christophes Bouchut and Tinseau being the drivers. But then I’ve also seen Erik Comas as recorded as partnering Bouchut instead.
Old 27 Nov 2019, 19:09 (Ref:3943247)   #52
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
There’s been a few who haven’t raced in F1 who have come close to doing that.......

Finally Pacific tried to get their test driver Oliver Gavin into a race seat for the 1995 Australian GP, but was refused a superlicence despite being British F3 champion. Yet the FIA had no problem with the same team earlier running Giovanni Lavaggi and Jean-Denis Deletraz, both drivers with more money than talent. Go figure...
I remember Paolo Carcasci being linked to a Pacific drive sometime around then too. And also there was a plan to run a Formula Nippon driver - Katsumi Yamamoto - in 1995 for one round that was scuppered by the superlicense rules.
Old 27 Nov 2019, 19:30 (Ref:3943254)   #53
Theunser
Racer

Theunser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_cat View Post
I’d seen conflicting reports around Larousse and who would have driven if they’d survived into 1995.

On one hand I remember seeing something about Christophes Bouchut and Tinseau being the drivers. But then I’ve also seen Erik Comas as recorded as partnering Bouchut instead.
Also Eric Bernard, Emanuel Collard, Eric Helary and Elton Julian were a candidate.
Old 27 Nov 2019, 23:35 (Ref:3943289)   #54
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
According to Wiki it was Comas and Bouchut to drive
Old 28 Nov 2019, 01:34 (Ref:3943300)   #55
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Hunt the Shunt said during the commentary for the 1990 Japanese GP, that it was a shame Del Boy had already committed himself to WSC for 91, as he could have taken the seat at Benetton. Does make you think
For the ignorant - me - who is Del Boy?
Old 28 Nov 2019, 01:49 (Ref:3943301)   #56
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Ian Scheckter (Jody Scheckter's elder brother) was signed for Arrows in 1978, Arrows then broke the contract and put Patrese in the car, a court injunction was taken out and a settlement was negotiated that left Patrese with the drive.
Patrese lead the 1978 South African GP before the car blew its engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGSOtL5k_SY
Old 28 Nov 2019, 09:26 (Ref:3943337)   #57
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
For the ignorant - me - who is Del Boy?
Derek Warwick.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 09:53 (Ref:3943344)   #58
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Christian Danner was supposed to drive the Eurobrun from mid season 1988, but was too tall for the car
Old 28 Nov 2019, 09:56 (Ref:3943346)   #59
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERSTEER View Post
Derek Warwick.
Thanks.

Anybody know where Del Boy came from?
Old 28 Nov 2019, 10:23 (Ref:3943352)   #60
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Del Boy or just Del is quite a common nickname in the UK for people called Derek - and is also from Only Fools and Horses character Derek Trotter.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Del_Boy
Old 28 Nov 2019, 10:34 (Ref:3943358)   #61
Theunser
Racer

Quote:
Christian Danner was supposed to drive the Eurobrun from mid season 1988, but was too tall for the car
He signed with Ligier for the season, but he didn't fit in the car because he was too tall I think.
So they signed Johansson.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 11:41 (Ref:3943369)   #62
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Del Boy or just Del is quite a common nickname in the UK for people called Derek - and is also from Only Fools and Horses character Derek Trotter.....

I think Warwick was called it not just because he was called Derek, but because he was quite a popular character
Old 28 Nov 2019, 12:22 (Ref:3943373)   #63
S griffin
Veteran

Max Wilson was a strong contender for the second Minardi seat in 2000, but lost out to Mazzacane
Old 28 Nov 2019, 12:23 (Ref:3943374)   #64
S griffin
Veteran

Also DLR, Webber and Albers were linked to Minardi for 2001
Old 28 Nov 2019, 19:07 (Ref:3943454)   #65
Theunser
Racer

Frentzen and Verstappen both talked to Toyota ahead of 2002.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 21:47 (Ref:3943483)   #66
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

Thanks for the education Ayse. Much appreciated.
Old 29 Nov 2019, 10:33 (Ref:3943613)   #67
S griffin
Veteran

Katyama was offered a top drive for 95, but had to turn it down, which he later revealed was due to the non lethal cancer he was suffering. Probably was Benetton due to his Mild Seven backing

Kiesa was in contention for the second Minardi seat in 2005, before it went to Freisacher
Old 29 Nov 2019, 11:26 (Ref:3943624)   #68
S griffin
Veteran

What about Mansell coming back with Jordan in 97? He had a few tests, but it never worked out
Old 29 Nov 2019, 15:47 (Ref:3943694)   #69
Theunser
Racer

It was rumoured about Mansell that he can make his comeback in a Benetton during 1993, replacing the underperforming Patrese.
Old 29 Nov 2019, 15:50 (Ref:3943696)   #70
Theunser
Racer

Michael Schumacher was close to sign with Toyota. I don't know which year. Probably 2005,2006 or 2007.
My sources are not too strong, so it could be fake.
Old 29 Nov 2019, 19:42 (Ref:3943738)   #71
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunser View Post
Michael Schumacher was close to sign with Toyota. I don't know which year. Probably 2005,2006 or 2007.
im pretty sure Toyota accidentally signed the wrong brother while also accidentally and simultaneously trying to steal the designs of the other brother's Ferrari!
Old 29 Nov 2019, 22:45 (Ref:3943775)   #72
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunser View Post

Are you sure you are not basing that on him walking through the Toyota garage in Australia 2006?
Old 30 Nov 2019, 05:25 (Ref:3943806)   #73
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I know Raikkonen was offered a seat at Toyota I think during 2009, for 2010, but he knocked it back. Of course Toyota suddenly left at the end of 2009 anyway so just as well.
Old 30 Nov 2019, 08:23 (Ref:3943813)   #74
S griffin
Veteran

I think Alain Menu was a possibility for the 96 Williams, if they couldn't get Jacques out of his Indycar contract. I know he tested for the team at Silverstone
Old 30 Nov 2019, 12:18 (Ref:3943834)   #75
Theunser
Racer

Quote:
Are you sure you are not basing that on him walking through the Toyota garage in Australia 2006?
Yesterday in FP2 a hungarian commentator and writer said it. He said MSC was close to sign with them