Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 14 Nov 2020, 18:32 (Ref:4016641)   #76
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-11-14 at 18.30.51.jpeg
Views:	12
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	65152
Old 14 Nov 2020, 18:36 (Ref:4016642)   #77
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

You, sir, win the Internet today.

All of it though, including the bad bits where the viruses and malware come from. Do something about them before someone else wins it tomorrow, there's a good chap.
Old 14 Nov 2020, 18:40 (Ref:4016643)   #78
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by codename_47 View Post
This Micheal Massi guy, he's still a temporary replacement after they lost Charlie so suddenly right?

One can only hope after some of his decisions today

Letting Q2 start with a tractor on track was probably the worst of them, but also the inconsistency in letting Lance keep his pole for slowing down under yellows but setting fastest time, but penalising lando for the same thing earlier on is bizarre but everything you come to expect from the FIA

And when a serious crash happens, they can hide behind the excuse "the driver didn't slow down enough for the yellow flags" and ignore the fact it's a culture they have 100% encouraged by not being stricter on YF penalites.
You can bring in Halos and VSCs to try and look like you're taking safety seriously, but decisions like todays prove that its seemingly last of your concerns after the TV broadcasts, teams self interests, "the show" or whatever else is distracting them

Maybe it's time the FIA need to look for a new, permenant race director that puts safety at the forefront of his mind?
Michael Masi is a permanent role as RD but I would think that appointments (even Charlie's) are done 1 year at a time.
Tractor was strange - most likely some kind of communication error there but strange none the less.

Your criticism of MM for the decisions made by the Stewards re yellow flags etc is quite strange, I'm sorry to say - shows a lack of knowledge on who does what.

Masi is a good RD, sensible, calm and well-regarded in the paddock but the tractor thing was not good. The decisions on keeping times for alleged laps under yellows were not decisions made by Masi, so all that part of your post is irrelevant (apologies).
Old 14 Nov 2020, 18:40 (Ref:4016644)   #79
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, that was extremely enjoyable and a lot of fun. Bloody well done to Lance on a great job and a great call to switch tyres (as we understand it). Bad luck for Max, with the Mercs nowhere, you would have put your house on him taking pole, but when tracks and weather are tricky and inconsistent, it shows anything can happen. Good 'innit.... I hope the weather gods spice things up tomorrow with wet and dry.....
Old 14 Nov 2020, 18:51 (Ref:4016650)   #80
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Michael Masi is a permanent role as RD but I would think that appointments (even Charlie's) are done 1 year at a time.
Tractor was strange - most likely some kind of communication error there but strange none the less.

Your criticism of MM for the decisions made by the Stewards re yellow flags etc is quite strange, I'm sorry to say - shows a lack of knowledge on who does what.

Masi is a good RD, sensible, calm and well-regarded in the paddock but the tractor thing was not good. The decisions on keeping times for alleged laps under yellows were not decisions made by Masi, so all that part of your post is irrelevant (apologies).
Posting this from a position of reasonable experience: the call to start Q2 will have been made by Masi with input from the chief marshal/chief incident officer and the post chief and/or incident officer managing the recovery of Latifi's car. T8 is about a minute or so from pit exit, they'll have been asked how long it would take from the position they were in to get clear, and the cars released based on that information.

Unfortunately it took slightly longer.

I felt somewhat uncomfortable about it, but if drivers run to the meaning of the regulations which state "Reduce your speed significantly, do not overtake, and be prepared to change direction or stop" for a double yellow, we wouldn't have this predicament time and time again. All this dicking about with microsectors and a tenth here, a tenth there is glossing over the issue that the drivers simply don't slow down enough.

Nurse! Time for my tablets!
Old 14 Nov 2020, 19:22 (Ref:4016654)   #81
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Max is getting a lot of stick here, but all he was doing was having a little heart to heart with his new sports psychologist:

Old 14 Nov 2020, 19:39 (Ref:4016660)   #82
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought I had tuned in to a drift championship watching the qualy today!
Old 14 Nov 2020, 19:49 (Ref:4016665)   #83
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
that will certainly shake things up for tomorrow, well done Lance and lets hope the weather tomorrow helps to create a better race than usual procession.
Old 14 Nov 2020, 20:16 (Ref:4016675)   #84
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think we will see RP and hopefully Alfa in the mix for at least most of the race, as well as the dominant Mercs. Lance has done a great job today, hopefully he will be able to handle being on pole tomorrow and not mess it up. The rain would shake things up a bit, but wet or dry, it’s shaping up to be a good one
Old 14 Nov 2020, 23:38 (Ref:4016721)   #85
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
How would you feel if you were fastes all weekend in every session but the one that counts the most?

surely you wouldn't be smiling much
I would be feeling that the hype around me exceeds my on track performance when it counts.
Old 14 Nov 2020, 23:48 (Ref:4016725)   #86
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ohhhh Cannnnaddaaa!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 15 Nov 2020, 02:26 (Ref:4016765)   #87
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
...Max, 23 years old, 6 seasons in F1, Lewis, 35 years old, 13 seasons in F1
This is spot on. Max is still a kid. He will eventually mature into someone like his father.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 04:07 (Ref:4016804)   #88
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
It's become less since Rosberg left and he had no reall challenge for the title, it's easy to stay calm when you win the campionship with ease every year.

also: Max, 23 years old, 6 seasons in F1, Lewis, 35 years old, 13 seasons in F1
Six seasons in F1?

Those who believe Max is special continue to offer this apology.

Compare what all the other great drivers were doing after six seasons in F1.

Max is a good driver who has a car that is capable of winning if the Mercs fall over. No more, no less.

If people stopped trying to convince him that he is the second coming he might one day make the most of the talent he has and grasp those opportunities when presented.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 06:25 (Ref:4016811)   #89
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
how does max get a free pass with his temper tantrums.

If that was lewis in the interviews, he'd be nailed to a cross by now.
You mean how lewis was sulking for no reason one weekend a couple years ago (I think the race vettel was in the lead and ran off the road in the wet, at Germany, I think, that began his downslide)? The last point in from then to now when he was in danger of losing a championship, until that horseshoe showed up again, and since then he has pretty much been in the championship lead since.

Ever think verstappen is in a hugely frustrating situation? He's got the talent, but no chance with the car he has to compete for championships. So the odd race win and even more rare pole opportunity comes up, and he can't be frustrated at 23? Compared to the last time hamilton had some adversity, when he also sulked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I think we both know the answer to that.
Go on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Im going to take this opportunity for my own 'location checks out'!

Stroll baby! First Canadian on pole in ages. Great lap, congrats, and how massive for this kid to pip his very talented team mate.
I'll allow it!

Very impressive by stroll. For whatever reason, he is great in the wet. Usually I'd say that's a sign of real talent, but c'mon its stroll...

Kidding. Fantastic job by him.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 06:31 (Ref:4016812)   #90
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
I would be feeling that the hype around me exceeds my on track performance when it counts.
Could you point to examples where he didnt get results that he should have? I'm sure there are a few, just wondering. Now how about times he outperformed his teammate, had a finish higher than expected?

What more should he have accomplished with what he has had to work with?

I hope the weather plays a part tomorrow or at least the track surface continues to wreak havoc on things. This has been an interesting weekend so far.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 06:39 (Ref:4016813)   #91
RWill2073
Veteran

Quote:
how does max get a free pass with his temper tantrums.

If that was lewis in the interviews, he'd be nailed to a cross by now.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...p-16871742.amp

Seems like a crappy site, but one of first hits when googling that German gp race.

A lot of "temper tantrums" at various ages, including older than current verstappen!
Old 15 Nov 2020, 06:40 (Ref:4016814)   #92
RWill2073
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
This is spot on. Max is still a kid. He will eventually mature into someone like his father.
Wait a minute....

Old 15 Nov 2020, 08:31 (Ref:4016816)   #93
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Once a pikey, always a pikey lol
Old 15 Nov 2020, 08:36 (Ref:4016817)   #94
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Normally when a grid is slightly mixed up like today, I would expect the normal order to be restored by the time the first pitstops. However with the new surface, perhaps this one is still has more surprises in store.

Despite his displeasure, if he gets a decent start then Verstappen could well run away wih this one.

I'm also hoping that Horner is right , and that they have found a setup that gives Albon a better race.

It's interesting to see what the MErcedes can do given their woes so far this weekend, will they simply be able to drive past the others "out of position" in front of them ?
Old 15 Nov 2020, 09:19 (Ref:4016820)   #95
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting observation on the grid. The (drivers) left side is far dryer than the right hand side. The left side is draining correctly whilst the right hand side is not. Interesting.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 09:46 (Ref:4016824)   #96
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
starting from pitlane might not be the worst idea in the world here....leave blankets on for as long as possible and miss the first corner carnage
Old 15 Nov 2020, 09:46 (Ref:4016825)   #97
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
starting from pitlane might not be the worst idea in the world here....leave blankets on for as long as possible and miss the first corner carnage
Good shout. I'm assuming Gasly made massive changes too. He might be worth watching even from a pit lane start.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 09:48 (Ref:4016826)   #98
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I’m scared, won’t lie. We saw how bad things were in qualifying but add in the spray and the cars packed together and that seems properly risky
Old 15 Nov 2020, 10:10 (Ref:4016831)   #99
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Looking forward to this one.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 10:17 (Ref:4016834)   #100
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
This is nuts