Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 21 Feb 2008, 04:44 (Ref:2133842)   #1
pitviper
Racer

pitviper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trailer for new Race Driver: GRID

Very much looking forward to getting this game on the 360. The real treat is the end of this trailer! You can race the LM24 REAL TIME!!! And with full day/night cycles!!! Oh how I have longed for such an experience on consoles since the Test Drive Le Mans game on Dreamcast. Also it's PS2 cousin where you could race the Petit Le Mans real time as well!

If you are able to race it online that would be the perfect scenario. We'd have to have a Ten-Tenths edition...

pit

http://media.video.ign.com/ev/sv.htm...ject_ID=901014
Old 21 Feb 2008, 15:01 (Ref:2134244)   #2
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its also going to be arcady rather than the sim we knew and loved in order to get more of the American market. That means no V8s, no DTM, no BTCC, no setups and street racing a la Need for Speed, amnd some retarded 'rewind' system for when you crash. Hence dropping of the ToCA branding.

Thankfully, Codies have said that they'll have a new IP with the aformentioned DTM/V8s so all is not lost.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 21 Feb 2008, 15:26 (Ref:2134263)   #3
pitviper
Racer

That certainly sucks. Although the LM portion of it will be worth getting it, I am going to miss all the other aspects of the ToCa games. Glad to see they are going to make another game to get them back in though!

pit
Old 21 Feb 2008, 22:01 (Ref:2134545)   #4
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
olly83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The LM bit is the saving grace as far as I'm concerned, however I'm becoming increasingly more apathetic when it comes to console racers especially when you can already race LM in real time in Rfactor. The Endurance series mod looks awesome and it's free!!
Old 21 Feb 2008, 22:30 (Ref:2134562)   #5
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt
Its also going to be arcady rather than the sim we knew and loved in order to get more of the American market. That means no V8s, no DTM, no BTCC, no setups and street racing a la Need for Speed, amnd some retarded 'rewind' system for when you crash. Hence dropping of the ToCA branding.

Thankfully, Codies have said that they'll have a new IP with the aformentioned DTM/V8s so all is not lost.
Sounds like this franchise has gone to the dogs.They've blonded it. Pretty but dumb. Shame.

Old 21 Feb 2008, 23:13 (Ref:2134596)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Still not sure I understand this GRID game. What are they doing again?
Old 22 Feb 2008, 18:31 (Ref:2135195)   #7
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like a pre render to me, but it will look good anyway if they are using the same engine as DiRT. Even if they are making it more arcadey, I will buy it, if its good fun, I will enjoy it. I hope they have a 'pro-sim' type mode though for more realistic handling.
Old 23 Feb 2008, 15:19 (Ref:2135883)   #8
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if they do it right, and with enough cars for the LM 24 hours part of the game then GRID will be bloody fantastic, if its like the last toca game then its a crying shame and a massive waste of the LM24, i cant wait to drive that chamberlain lola B05/40 in that trailer, even if it is crap ill still buy it.

hope they include a forza style paintshop for the cars as well, would make for great league style racing especially with the LM cars, particularly the prototypes, oh and they need to completely revamp the sound before the release it, the saleen sounds like a DBRS9 and the AER lola sounded more like a champcar!
Old 23 Feb 2008, 15:22 (Ref:2135885)   #9
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by olly83
The LM bit is the saving grace as far as I'm concerned, however I'm becoming increasingly more apathetic when it comes to console racers especially when you can already race LM in real time in Rfactor. The Endurance series mod looks awesome and it's free!!
and if what im hearing about the endurance mod is true, especially now that they have finished the porsche carrera cup mod and are full steam ahead on the enurance series mod, it shouldnt be too long before we have the endurance series mod, infact i would think the endurance series mod will be out before GRID, and almost certainly a damn sight better and have all the cars in it, i have a feeling that GRID will have the GT cars and only some of the LMP's, probably only the lola, courage, zytek and lister and i would think pescarolo and audi R10 wont be in it.
Old 23 Feb 2008, 16:36 (Ref:2135928)   #10
pitviper
Racer

On the sim vs. arcade bit, I will always prefer a game to be one the sim side of things, however, I also look at this from being on the business side of racing. Video games are an incredible (and becoming more so every day) marketing tool for creating awareness and excitement around a sport or franchise. If a racing game is going to be a bit more on the "accessible" arcade type side of things, then the fact that it is going to show off Le Mans with new HD glitz and glory is a GREAT thing in my book. Let's get more people involved, and show them how great our niche is. I mean think about it, right there in the same game, you are going to have the cars and atmosphere of LM being directly compared to street racing and drifting. That is great as far as I'm concerned, because maybe a lot of those people will look at that and go, "wow, these drifting cars are cool and all, but holy CRAP at these prototypes!"

Let's start looking at the positives effects this game could have, by its very nature of not being quite so hardcore. We will always have "our" simulators for the PC and occassionally on the consoles as well. I'm excited that our sport is permeating the mainstream media. Heck, now we have P2 cars (Radical) in games like PGR4! I think it's great!

[/soapbox] ;-)

pit
Old 24 Feb 2008, 00:47 (Ref:2136213)   #11
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read on the codemasters Forum that there is no Pit Stops and No setups....

good god.
Old 24 Feb 2008, 11:17 (Ref:2136496)   #12
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for telling me that, now I won't bother buying it as it looks like a waste of time and money.
Old 24 Feb 2008, 13:21 (Ref:2136578)   #13
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
I hope it is okay linking to the codemasters forum? If its not okay, just delete this post.

http://community.codemasters.com/for...&postcount=344

Well, I hope its not true anyway...
Old 24 Feb 2008, 23:03 (Ref:2136938)   #14
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Its great to see LM in there but no pitstops and setups, I hope this game doesnt end up like ProStreet.
Old 25 Feb 2008, 21:26 (Ref:2137882)   #15
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Well, if they get the physics right, then the drifting should come naturally, aslong as there is no fake physics ala NFS. They are releasing a seperate V8 SUpercar game, so that should be good.
Old 25 Feb 2008, 21:36 (Ref:2137888)   #16
pitviper
Racer

Do you know if they are going to release the AV8S game worldwide, or region specific?

I would pay $60 just to have a proper LM simulator with a full field, class wins, day/night, weather, setups, pits, and the entire car list for the past few years, plus favourites from the past 30 years able to be included as well.

pit
Old 5 Mar 2008, 12:32 (Ref:2144881)   #17
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trailer for new Race Driver: GRID/Race Driver Grid

Anyone else seen this?

http://www.racedrivergrid.com/#/home/

Its been advertised with the help of Creation Autosportif and includes the chance to drive at Le Mans in the CA06/H.

I hope its more of a sim than another arcade game.
Old 5 Mar 2008, 12:43 (Ref:2144886)   #18
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104218
Old 5 Mar 2008, 19:25 (Ref:2145134)   #19
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Merged.
Old 4 Apr 2008, 23:45 (Ref:2169953)   #20
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
mmm... gameplay trailers!! I can spot BMW Tourers and F3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oLDT...eature=related - Gameplay Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4hfP_TZE7M - Jarama Replay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy84L...eature=related - Gameplay 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXrOb...eature=related - Gameplay 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDO9c...eature=related - Gameplay 3

Last edited by nickyf1; 4 Apr 2008 at 23:49.
Old 5 Apr 2008, 21:48 (Ref:2170705)   #21
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
the demo is due next month, with the full game coming in JUne.
Old 5 Apr 2008, 22:16 (Ref:2170719)   #22
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW121...eature=related

More info (edit time ran out) its 'cool'

I'm realy looking foward to this! dont care if it isnt a sim, it should be the dogs danglies online
Old 15 Apr 2008, 13:53 (Ref:2178054)   #23
MatthewC
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Wales
MatthewC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Street racing? So no 'proper' circuits with run-offs etc?
No V8's, no DTM, no BTCC?

If this is the case, I shall not be getting this game.

Matt.

Campaign to get Alfa Romeo back into the WTCC!
Old 15 Apr 2008, 22:03 (Ref:2178392)   #24
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
erm... look closely you will see a BMW race at Jarama, Spa is in it and Le Mans is in it with liscensed cars etc... I assume you just clicked on the first link? Look at the gameplay trailers 1 and 2.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 19:09 (Ref:2179213)   #25
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is a pure arcade game, but it looks so good I may pick it up for those times when you can't be ****** to play sims.