Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who was the driver of the race?
Vettel 12 9.76%
Webber 21 17.07%
Hamilton 0 0%
Button 18 14.63%
HeidFIELD 69 56.10%
Petrov 1 0.81%
Rosberg 0 0%
Schumacher 0 0%
Alonso 0 0%
Massa 1 0.81%
di Resta 0 0%
Sutil 0 0%
Alguersuari 0 0%
Buemi 0 0%
Perez 0 0%
Kobayashi 1 0.81%
Barrichello 0 0%
Maldonado 0 0%
Kovalainen 0 0%
Trulli 0 0%
Glock 0 0%
D'Ambrosio 0 0%
Liuzzi 0 0%
Karthikeyan 0 0%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Apr 2011, 09:37 (Ref:2861172)   #1
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Driver of the Race - Malaysia 2011

Who was your top man?
Old 10 Apr 2011, 09:43 (Ref:2861174)   #2
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I've opted for HeidFIELD, who suprised me with a great drive and a great podium. Both Red Bull drivers deserve praise too. Vettel for dominating all weekend, and Webber for fighting back from a poor start caused by mechanical issues.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 09:48 (Ref:2861180)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seb Vettel. Class.

Looking so ominous. Reckon this could be a one sided championship.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 09:49 (Ref:2861181)   #4
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heidfeld, kept going and pushing the renault along after an insane start.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 09:51 (Ref:2861184)   #5
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I plumped for Heidfeld too.

Though I agree with 'ralf fan' that this year could be a dominant one for Vettel...
Old 10 Apr 2011, 09:54 (Ref:2861187)   #6
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
I went with Webber, great performance without KERS and made the extra stop work to move back through the field after his poor start.

Lots of candidates, Vettel was inch perfect at the front, Heidfeld got the absolute maximum from the Renault and bounced back from his Melbourne disaster but I just thought Webber shaded it
Old 10 Apr 2011, 10:01 (Ref:2861199)   #7
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Button. A really solid drive, showed everyone how to use those Pirellis.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 10:02 (Ref:2861200)   #8
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Jenson for making a donkey out of his team mate.
Hard to go past Vettel who is unbeatable at the front.
Nick H great result. Webber good effort in obviously difficult car. Di Resta a nice drive.
Also loved the Crash Hamilton sideshow ...
Old 10 Apr 2011, 10:12 (Ref:2861216)   #9
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber great recovery drive and gutsy overtake on Massa.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 10:13 (Ref:2861217)   #10
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everyone did well out there in their own way I thought..
Old 10 Apr 2011, 10:21 (Ref:2861229)   #11
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I went for Button, but it was hard to choose between him, Vettel and Heidfeld.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 10:23 (Ref:2861232)   #12
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've no idea who Heidfield is so I voted for him.

Heidfeld was pretty good too - as I predicted pre-season.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 10:25 (Ref:2861235)   #13
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber. Great recovery drive, no KERS and some very impressive overtaking.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 10:25 (Ref:2861236)   #14
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
I've no idea who Heidfield is so I voted for him.
Blame DC!
Old 10 Apr 2011, 10:27 (Ref:2861239)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
Webber. Great recovery drive, no KERS and some very impressive overtaking.
And with a car that still eats its tyres more readily than #1..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 10 Apr 2011, 10:37 (Ref:2861248)   #16
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Vettel, won dispite having no KERS - simple.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 10:37 (Ref:2861249)   #17
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
So we think...

Clearly think he didn't have KERS off the start..
Old 10 Apr 2011, 10:43 (Ref:2861256)   #18
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a close call between Webber and Heidfeld for me but I hand it to Heidfeld for defending the podium the last few laps.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 10:50 (Ref:2861260)   #19
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Vettel, won dispite having no KERS - simple.
Webber needed it more though being stuck behind...He would have taken Heidfeld if he had it, pretty sure he didn't. Got close with just the DRS?
Old 10 Apr 2011, 10:55 (Ref:2861264)   #20
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSRSR View Post
Webber needed it more though being stuck behind...He would have taken Heidfeld if he had it, pretty sure he didn't. Got close with just the DRS?
He'd have got Heidfeld if he could make his tyres go longer and have less stops too.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 11:00 (Ref:2861267)   #21
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe I missed something with the Spanish commentary (although I understand Spanish well, I didn't hear about a problem for Webber), but what on earth did Webber do of much merit?

Button for me. Good speed and tyre preservation.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 11:37 (Ref:2861283)   #22
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
newlaprecord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
He'd have got Heidfeld if he could make his tyres go longer and have less stops too.
Yea it was an amazing "would have" overtaking move Besides, Heidfeld's tries were 7 laps older at that stage.

I voted Nick, master-class solid drive with 3 cherrys on the icing: superb start, a cool head behind Hamilton (something Alonso could have benefited from) and a cool head ahead Webber.

It was still a close one for me tho as Kovalainen did just AMAZING:

-Finishing only a lap down with no safety car on a long and largely car-dependant circuit

-Finishing only 0.4sec and 9.7sec behind the two Toro Rossos respectvively

-Recording a faster fastest lap than Alquersuari

True brilliance at the less glamouros end of the grid.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 12:08 (Ref:2861292)   #23
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
It's a difficult one.

I don't think Vettel was without KERS throughout because the team told him not to use it after a certain point, but Brundle said he still did, a little.

Webber was without it throughout and did very well to recover to fourth, but that was after a bad start that was at least 50% down to him because he bogged down.

In contrast Heidfeld made a great start and drove very well throughout, so it could be him.

Equally it could be Button, who showed yet again how much he likes this circuit and was a very deserving runner-up.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 12:23 (Ref:2861301)   #24
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heidfeld for me, he is finally in a situation where he benefits from being the kind of driver he is, kind of like Button.

But what on earth does Vettel have to do to get as many votes as Webber? Lap him twice in a race and then push his car across the finish line like Mansell?
Old 10 Apr 2011, 12:37 (Ref:2861312)   #25
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrinck View Post
Heidfeld for me, he is finally in a situation where he benefits from being the kind of driver he is, kind of like Button.

But what on earth does Vettel have to do to get as many votes as Webber? Lap him twice in a race and then push his car across the finish line like Mansell?
That's what always happens, to be fair. A top driver dominating in a top car rarely gets many votes. People prefer to reward a stand-out performance from further down the grid, or a surprise good result. And some people always vote Webber, even if he has a stinker.