Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the Grand Prix?
Lewis Hamilton 13 24.07%
Nico Rosberg 1 1.85%
Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Kimi Raikkonen 2 3.70%
Felipe Massa 1 1.85%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Max Verstappen 27 50.00%
Daniel Ricciardo 1 1.85%
Daniil Kvyat 0 0%
Felipe Nasr 1 1.85%
Marcus Ericsson 1 1.85%
Nico Hulkenberg 0 0%
Sergio Perez 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 2 3.70%
Pastor Maldonado 1 1.85%
Jenson Button 3 5.56%
Fernando Alonso 1 1.85%
Roberto Merhi 0 0%
Will Stevens 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Apr 2015, 09:51 (Ref:3526383)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Chinese Grand Prix 2015

Who is your driver of the Grand Prix?
Old 12 Apr 2015, 09:58 (Ref:3526388)   #2
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmm, a bit tricky. Obvious choice is the Hamster man - got pole, fastest lap and won the race. He wasn't racing flat out - and today the Ferraris couldn't touch him.

I'd say that Danny Boy did a very decent job - as that Red Bull is a dog of a car. He did some decent racing and got to 9th.

Likewise with Max Verstappen - that guy can race! He's barely old enough to hold a UK driving license. There is some talent there. He did some really good passes. Again - another case of the car going bang on him.

I going to give it to Verstappen - as that guy clearly shows some talent beyond his years. Plus, not having a front running car.
Old 12 Apr 2015, 10:57 (Ref:3526423)   #3
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Verstappen with good overtaking.
Old 12 Apr 2015, 11:03 (Ref:3526430)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Maldonado... For finding yet another way to turn a perfectly good F1 chassis into a canoe... Always someone else's fault.. Of course
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 12 Apr 2015, 14:44 (Ref:3526564)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Max Verstappen, some fantastic overtaking, showing how it can be done.
Old 12 Apr 2015, 14:47 (Ref:3526566)   #6
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ricciardo did a good job? His start was woeful, his car was woeful, his overtaking was woeful, it was all very bad.

One of JB or Verstappen, but JB drove into Maldonado just after proving he's the best defensive driver on the grid (maybe his recent chassis have been so poor he's never actually overtaken since 2012!!!) so it has to be Verstappen for driving past a lot of cars before typical STR reliability struck.
Old 12 Apr 2015, 14:56 (Ref:3526572)   #7
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Maldonado... For finding yet another way to turn a perfectly good F1 chassis into a canoe... Always someone else's fault.. Of course
If you're refering to the incident with Button, Button admitted it was his fault, otherwise Maldonado's excursion as he went to pit was entirely his own doing.
Old 12 Apr 2015, 15:42 (Ref:3526599)   #8
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Verstappen is spectacular, that is true. However, so far his overtakes are dive bombs where drivers have to jump out of his way. I am not sure whether he will or should be able to keep this up. Once he runs (literally) who turns in instead of jumping out of the way, a lot of people will cry too young again.
Old 12 Apr 2015, 16:31 (Ref:3526612)   #9
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nico Rosberg - a bit whingey ....?
Old 12 Apr 2015, 21:31 (Ref:3526799)   #10
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DOTR: Verstappen. Highly entertaining and effective overtaking moves.

WOTR: Rosberg. "Lewis was driving too slow." Well, pass him then!
Old 12 Apr 2015, 22:44 (Ref:3526816)   #11
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Verstappen did well here. There was some handy moves and he stunned good drivers along the way today.
Old 13 Apr 2015, 01:32 (Ref:3526834)   #12
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi. Blazed through the pair of Williams at the start. Setting up for attack on Vettel until the safety car ruined that plan.
Old 13 Apr 2015, 04:03 (Ref:3526856)   #13
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it Lewis for his superb drive, kudos to Pastor for keeping me awake.
Old 13 Apr 2015, 05:22 (Ref:3526866)   #14
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi View Post
Verstappen is spectacular, that is true. However, so far his overtakes are dive bombs where drivers have to jump out of his way. I am not sure whether he will or should be able to keep this up. Once he runs (literally) who turns in instead of jumping out of the way, a lot of people will cry too young again.
Exactly Kempi, that first one with Perez or one of the Saubers left no room for the other car, it was just a divebomb and if they other driver didn't jerk the other way they would have crashed.

Still good on him for giving it a go. I'd have thought he'd try not to be too hotheaded this early in his F1 career, but so far he's gotten away with it.
Old 13 Apr 2015, 05:26 (Ref:3526870)   #15
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Do we have to give someone a DOTR? No one really stood out.

Hamilton was a smidge faster than Rosberg. Vettel a smidge faster than Kimi but was often compromised by being on fresh rubber but dirty air, which allowed Kimi to almost catch him by the end of the race, but by no means at all is that enough to give Kimi DOTR.

Button was actually beating Alonso for most of the race, until that brain fade near the end. But who knows Alonso could have been having tech issues or maybe couldn't be bothered trying.

Pastor was actually doing pretty well in the first half of the race, until deciding he hadn't had enough 'offs' so went offroading a few times, much to my satisfaction.

Overall probably between Ricciardo and Verstappen. The rest just did as expected.
Old 13 Apr 2015, 07:00 (Ref:3526893)   #16
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well notwithstanding his penalty (and he is still the cleanest driver out there) I'm giving it to JB again for simply displaying the fact once more that he is a racer, however slow his car, and for making life extremely difficult for a quicker car. Anyone, let alone an ex WDC, still prepared to fight like that for a minor place still clearly has the 'fever'.

Lewis was brilliant of course and he seems fully at one with his car. I think that the Hamilton/Mercedes combination will be regarded in the future as one of the great pairings, rather like Fangio/Merc and Clark/Lotus.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 13 Apr 2015, 07:48 (Ref:3526915)   #17
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For me a somewhat turgid display all round so I have voted for Felipe Nasr, as I thought both Sauber drivers fought well, but Ericsson has a year's experience.
On another tack; Nico has complained a lot lately, does anyone feel that Mercedes have pinned their faith in Lewis, and see Rosberg as a number two?
Old 13 Apr 2015, 12:59 (Ref:3527017)   #18
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Max, brilliant passing, I think we can add racer to his name!
Old 13 Apr 2015, 13:05 (Ref:3527024)   #19
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
On another tack; Nico has complained a lot lately, does anyone feel that Mercedes have pinned their faith in Lewis, and see Rosberg as a number two?
I don't think they have pinned their faith on either driver. They don't need to. They have a great car and two great drivers. However, LH has outperformed NR so far, so that sort of implies NR is a number two, whether the team look at it like that or not.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 13 Apr 2015, 13:05 (Ref:3527025)   #20
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Voted for Max - although I'm worried that one of those banzai overtakes is going to go wrong soon when someone doesn't leap out of the way. Still, nobody else really did much of note. I suppose I could have given the vote to Maldonado as a nod to his comedy genius.
Old 14 Apr 2015, 07:23 (Ref:3527289)   #21
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Max......
Old 14 Apr 2015, 19:40 (Ref:3527477)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, Max for me too. Loved Kimi's radio calls and laughed out loud at Nico wanting Lewis to speed up for him.....
Old 15 Apr 2015, 09:16 (Ref:3527603)   #23
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Max for me
Old 15 Apr 2015, 14:54 (Ref:3527698)   #24
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What an irony... voted Verstappen!
Old 16 Apr 2015, 06:36 (Ref:3527848)   #25
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
I don't think they have pinned their faith on either driver. They don't need to. They have a great car and two great drivers. However, LH has outperformed NR so far, so that sort of implies NR is a number two, whether the team look at it like that or not.
Agreed & the results are showing that. You could almost already say that Lewis is going to romp away with this championship, possibly winning 12/13 races & Nico will be lucky to beat Vettel to P2 in the standings....All very boring