Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the Chinese Grand Prix?
Nico Rosberg 3 5.00%
Daniel Ricciardo 34 56.67%
Kimi Räikkönen 3 5.00%
Sebastian Vettel 2 3.33%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Daniil Kvyat 16 26.67%
Sergio Perez 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Max Verstappen 1 1.67%
Nico Hulkenberg 0 0%
Felipe Massa 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 0 0%
Jenson Button 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Felipe Nasr 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Esteban Gutierrez 0 0%
Jolyon Palmer 0 0%
Rio Haryanto 0 0%
Pascal Wehrlein 1 1.67%
Lewis Hamilton 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Apr 2016, 07:24 (Ref:3633644)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Chinese Grand Prix 2016

Who is the driver of the Grand Prix for you?
Old 17 Apr 2016, 08:51 (Ref:3633667)   #2
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Daniil Kvyat.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 09:21 (Ref:3633682)   #3
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think anyone particularly stood out by a lot, but Kvyat probably got the most out of the situations as they happened. Nice drive by Hamilton eventhough his tires were shot in the end and it cost him a spot or 2 eventually
Old 17 Apr 2016, 09:51 (Ref:3633696)   #4
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great recovery drive and overtakes from Ricciardo.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 10:53 (Ref:3633722)   #5
Another Bob
Racer

Australia
The Land Of More Then One Crow
Another Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ricciardo , followed by Kvyat.

What happened to Hamilton, it looked like he gave up?

Vettel having a dummy spit trying to defend running into his team mate by blaming Kvyat.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 13:24 (Ref:3633869)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I tend to agree with RichardRenes, no one driver really stood out. I suppose from a damage limitation point of view, it's either Hamilton coming from last on the grid to finish 7th, or Raikkonen for finishing 5th after being collected by his team mate at the start or Ricciardo for finishing 4th after that puncture, which clearly upset his initial strategy. I think Raikkonen.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 16:00 (Ref:3634004)   #7
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's fairly clearcut for me: Grinning Dan. The only other alternative would have been Rosberg for winning and finishing with such a margin over everyone else.

And I'll give Plonker of the Race to Vettel for bad mouthing the other Dan for having the temerity to drive his car into a yawning gap that Vettel had left. I find it odd that no-one has levelled the blame for the incident on Raikkonen. He ran way wide as he turned into the corner and then got hit when he chopped back across in front of Vettel. Actually, to be realistic, these things happen sometimes at the first corner. Perhaps "cause" would be a better word than "blame".
Old 17 Apr 2016, 16:59 (Ref:3634086)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Ricciardo but also Kvyat has my sympathy.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 17:07 (Ref:3634098)   #9
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's tempting to give it to Nico. He had pole, and did have to overtake Riccardio to get back the lead(despite Danny's problems with the tyre). plus, he won - and that 3 wins this season and 6 in a row. Quite an achievement.

Riccardio had probably the best fightback drive. One of his strongest performances - reminds of why he made Vettel leave Red Bull.

Hamilton - a reasonably strong drive back. The strategy of the Mercedes didn't really seem to move that car forward enough.

I'm going to give it to Kyvat though. A superb second place - and a fine performance from him.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 17:56 (Ref:3634140)   #10
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ricciardo. Kudos to Nico for the win and Kimi for the comeback.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 18:50 (Ref:3634159)   #11
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Riccardo or Kvyat, probably Vettel if he hasn't been yaking all the race.

Sent from my SM-G9250 using Tapatalk
Old 17 Apr 2016, 20:24 (Ref:3634192)   #12
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Kvyat gets the nod over his teammate simply down to the fact that he reminded everyone how petulant Vettel can be.
Old 18 Apr 2016, 03:17 (Ref:3634281)   #13
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
The Flying Aussie. Nobody came close.
Old 18 Apr 2016, 03:38 (Ref:3634285)   #14
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Dan is the Man! Great fighting drive.
Old 18 Apr 2016, 13:06 (Ref:3634426)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Er.... Kvyat.
Old 18 Apr 2016, 13:07 (Ref:3634428)   #16
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Totally unexpected weekend from Ricciardo he is a true racer.
Old 18 Apr 2016, 14:18 (Ref:3634450)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
was close to giving it to Vettel for a smart application of the rules but in the end gave it Kvyat for an aggressive and legitimate first corner move and for standing up to SV post race.
Old 18 Apr 2016, 15:50 (Ref:3634479)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Ricciardo gets my vote amazing start and then great fight back after the tyre incident, but kvyat almost got it for standing up to vettel in the room afterwards
Old 18 Apr 2016, 16:05 (Ref:3634484)   #19
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Yes Vettel needs to chill Kvyat did nothing wrong,Sebastian needs to remember that it's called racing ..
Old 18 Apr 2016, 17:41 (Ref:3634524)   #20
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Kvyat for his second place and telling Vettel where to get off ..
Old 18 Apr 2016, 19:25 (Ref:3634567)   #21
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i wonder if SV has had a chance now to see a replay?

i imagine that Kvyat has enormousness pressure to perform this year as there two very talented youngsters looking for his seat.

if Kvyat had failed to take advantage i would imagine the chances of his holding onto his seat would have decreased. i that context, this first corner move might just have been his move of the season!
Old 18 Apr 2016, 20:46 (Ref:3634613)   #22
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Master of F1. Kimi.
Old 18 Apr 2016, 23:26 (Ref:3634656)   #23
owrforever
Rookie

United States
America's Dairyland
owrforever should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridowrforever should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Two Dans

The two Danny Boys stole the show, I'll give the nod to Kvyat although Ricciardo's recovery was stellar. Vettel's post race comments were out of line, he needs to put his big boy pants on and man up, he came off as a complainer.
Old 19 Apr 2016, 10:01 (Ref:3634755)   #24
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Kvyat gets the nod for the overtake and ripping it out of Vettel in the 'room of awkwardness'. Honourable mentions for Ricciardo and Wehrlein.
Old 22 Apr 2016, 18:02 (Ref:3635734)   #25
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ricciardo

Great qualifying, perfect start, would have been interesting to see if he could have done anything about Rosberg if he hadn't had that puncture. As it was he staged a great comeback