Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What do we expect from Sun readers!
Old 14 Nov 2003, 12:52 (Ref:783145)   #27
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Amazing how ex sportists can say silly things, but in F1 they're over the top. That's why most of drivers should shut up and drive.
Old 14 Nov 2003, 12:57 (Ref:783153)   #28
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
That's why most of drivers should shut up and drive.
like KIMI!!
i usually turn on Kimi's interviews when i cant go to sleep!!
i think drivers should have a little personality as well!!
Old 14 Nov 2003, 18:48 (Ref:783516)   #29
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have personality like James Hunt and drink themselves to death?

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 14 Nov 2003, 21:38 (Ref:783674)   #30
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The amazing thing about MS when he won his record breaking 6th championship was the f1 world didnt jump up and down cheering what a driver.
Old 14 Nov 2003, 22:15 (Ref:783705)   #31
Tye
Racer

Canada
Canada
Tye has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
???

Quote:
Originally posted by Pitstop
'Sour grapes' from Prost in this silly quote.

I've read the full article - so should you Tye - if you can afford to purchase this magazine, out of your 'allowance'.

And who's ever heard of Tad Czapski???????????

And who cares what he thinks?????????????????

Sheeesh!
I really don't know how you expect me to respond to your mindless post Pitstop.

I will start by saying that if you think I receive an allowance,you are sadly mistaken.As far as earning potential goes,I'd make you look like a paper boy.If you want to carry this to another level,by all means,please PM me on this matter.

In case you been hiding in a cave for the last few years or so,I've come across these views held by Prost in the past.He is one of many motor racing insiders who hold this view on Michael.I'm sorry if you have a hard time accepting this fact,but I must echo my thoughts on this topic once again...his lack of honour and fair play are sadly interwoven into the very fabric of F1 racing.It is truly pathetic and sad.

You've never heard of Tad Czapski? You must be living in that cave after all.Do have a good day.

Tye

Last edited by Tye; 14 Nov 2003 at 22:17.
Old 15 Nov 2003, 00:02 (Ref:783819)   #32
maxell
Rookie

maxell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens as fast as Schumi?? Right.. check out the F1 magazine which shows comparisons of their telemetry!!!
Old 15 Nov 2003, 02:41 (Ref:783928)   #33
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What's the problem with everybody?

Prost merely stated his opinion, and rightly or wrongly, it is his opinion. There are people who share his opinion, there are people who dont.

Prost being a legendary driver DOESN'T by any mean make his opinions suddenly "right".

And it's strange how pole2pole come to the conclusion that nobody was delighted with Michael's record breaking 6th. Unless he assumes that the "F1 world" only include Schumacher-haters and rival teams.

As for Tye, your pay irregardless of how much wont help in strengthening the argument

It is true that Michael had the benefit of being in a team that rallies around him. But is it unfair? Afterall, he is the driver who almost single-handedly brought Ferrari back to their winning ways. You can say all you want, but the turnabout in Ferrari's "fortunes" is nothing short of amazing. And ANY great drivers of the past at some point or another had their team rally behind them. Senna, Prost, Fangio... it's NOTHING new simply because every team wants success and when you have the best chance and the best driver in your car, you'd be stupid not the grab it.

And i do find how people could manage to brush off Schumacher's achievement simply because of "poor competition". Did Schumacher ban Mclaren from hiring a supposedly better driver? Did Schumacher stage the exit of Senna so that he could dominate F1? It is beyond Schumacher's control that the competition is weak. In fact, why din't anybody pause to consider... is the competition weak, or is it Schumacher who MADE the opposition look weak?

To use the characteristic/behavoir of a driver to determine and rate his achievements and ability is one reserved to those who cannot be objective when appreciating or criticising drivers.

Tad Czapski...ah...so why now that he is no longer linked to Schumacher, nobody said anything about him making some cheating softwares for Alonso and Trulli?

For people who could understand that Michelin is not illegal because they are not declared/proven/judged so by FIA, i'm sure its not too hard to understand TC-allegations of Benetton and Ferrari. It's whether you want to or not.

I won't want to take away anything from Prost, but from what we had seen, Flavio and Todt had managed to run an F1 team better than Prost could even dream, hence it's funny how he could actually believe other's employ wrong methods.

And in any case, i do regard Michael a better and more rounded driver than Prost.
Old 15 Nov 2003, 05:07 (Ref:783973)   #34
Tye
Racer

Canada
Canada
Tye has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Honourless driver and team...

Gt_R,

Quote:
As for Tye,your pay irregardless of how much won't help in strengthening your argument
I never said it did in the least.I was merely making a firm point that I don't receive an allowance as Pitstop seemed to think.If she wants to take the issue further,then we'll do it via PM.Anyways,that point doesn't concern you,it concerns Pitstop.

Quote:
Tad Czapski...ah...so why now that he is no longer linked with Schumacher,nobody said anything about him making some cheating software for Alonso and Trulli.
Well...it's due to the fact that traction/launch control were legalized a few years ago.He was no longer needed by Michael and his crowd of theives.Is it any wonder why Renault have the best traction/launch control in the sport as of today.Thanks to Tad Czapski.I hope you can join the dots on this one.It's as clear as a sunny morning during the summer,but then again supporting a driver like Michael could turn that sunny day into a cloudy one in the blink of an eye.

I'm finding something difficult to understand as I read this thread and that is how people can undermine Prost's views on Michael because he was a failure at running his F1 team.It has absolutely nothing to do with him seeing truths in a tarnished and selfish sportsman.I agree with Prost on the teammate issue whole-heartedly beause it's so painfully clear and obvious.I do remember Michael refusing to help E.Irvine back in 1999 when he returned from his accident earlier that year.How bloody selfish of him not to help his teammate win the championship.You sure don't mind your teammate helping you now do you, you bloody coward.Michael is so selfish that he insists that his teammate to move over for him on the track.I'm going to stop now because it's so pathetic.

Tye
Old 15 Nov 2003, 05:51 (Ref:783988)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Has Alain paid all the creditors of Prost Grand Prix yet?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Nov 2003, 08:54 (Ref:784111)   #36
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Tye, build a bridge....

.... and get over it.

This post (as with all the others) paints a clear picture of your personality and character. You have some serious issues (when it comes to either Michael or Jacques) and cant accept an opposing view.

Learn this skill, or move on to another forum such as www.ihatemichaelschumacher.com or www.ilovejacques.com

You'll find more of your own kind there.
Old 15 Nov 2003, 09:25 (Ref:784133)   #37
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
What's the problem with everybody?

It is true that Michael had the benefit of being in a team that rallies around him.
Exactly, do you think Ferrari would rally around someone who did not possess [the then] potential. Look how that decision has paid off.

What happened to the Prost team!!! Professor decisions cost money & titles!!
Old 15 Nov 2003, 12:39 (Ref:784231)   #38
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
Learn this skill, or move on to another forum such as www.ihatemichaelschumacher.com or www.ilovejacques.com
Lies, lies, and more lies..., that´s the only thing we get from Schumie Fans...
Old 15 Nov 2003, 12:45 (Ref:784236)   #39
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Honourless driver and team...

Quote:
Originally posted by Tye
I'm going to stop now because it's so pathetic.

Tye
Well, at least this is a positive.
Old 15 Nov 2003, 17:22 (Ref:784410)   #40
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tye, regarding my statement of "pay", obviously you din't notice the behind it. Make peace, mate..it's nothing more than a tease.

Quote:"He was no longer needed by Michael and his crowd of theives.Is it any wonder why Renault have the best traction/launch control in the sport as of today.Thanks to Tad Czapski"

Pardon me, you are saying Ferrari doesn't need the guy who has the ability to create the best TC? Tad is a talent which i believe has much to contribute.

Similarly, i can't understand (or maybe i do) why anything that is spoken ill or criticises Michael is immediately embraced as "truths" by Schumacher-bashers. Doesnt take a genius to figure that out, but it's nice to give it some thought over coffee in the summer clear sky..

Indeed, i won't deny that Michael had certain benefits given to him. But to claim that those "benefits" are unjustified or "insisted" is far from the fair argument. Michael didn't have that "benefits" to start with. He earned it with his pace/dedication/commitment/results. In whatever the case, disliking his personality/character (which i always find a hard thing to judge when you don't even know that guy...not that he's bothered), is no reason to just discredit the amazing ability and commitment and contribution this guy had made to F1.

I believe 10 years down the road, Michael would contribute more meaningfully to the colourful history of F1 than the likes of JV/Hill could ever hope for.

Quote:"I'm going to stop now because it's so pathetic."

Thank god.
Old 16 Nov 2003, 16:37 (Ref:785059)   #41
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by Tye
I do remember Michael refusing to help E.Irvine back in 1999 when he returned from his accident earlier that year.How bloody selfish of him not to help his teammate win the championship.You sure don't mind your teammate helping you now do you, you bloody coward.Michael is so selfish that he insists that his teammate to move over for him on the track.
Tye
Umm, a lot of anger being directed at Michael there. It really has been naughty of him to hang around winning for so long

Seriously, though, Michael is a great driver. You could well argue that the things that stop him from being the greatest driver (which is a very subjective debate) are his on-track ehtics and the fact that his team-mates defer to him. I would agree with the first point, but as for the team-mates, you have to acknowledge that he has been just plain better than them.

Generally, GTR has got it right, though I'm not sure that Schuey is 'more rounded' than Prost was. Michael isn't perfect, but he is a great and trying to diminish his records merely by calling him names and believing every allegation made against him is not going to change that. Similarly, there are reasonable criticisms you can make of him.

Oh, and what do you mean 'refused to help Eddie'? Are you talking about the same driver who let Irvine passed him TWICE at Malaysia in '99 and who held up Mika (receiving a good deal of criticism along the way) so that his team-mate could win?
Old 16 Nov 2003, 17:14 (Ref:785074)   #42
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tye
I do remember Michael refusing to help E.Irvine back in 1999 when he returned from his accident earlier that year...
He helped a lot in Malaysia. I don't really see how he could have done anymore. Eddie would have been nowhere if it wasn't for Micheal trying and succeeding in putting together a remarkable race. In fact I'd put Malaysia down as one of Michael's best races ever. Proving he is not only the best no.1 in the business, but also the best no.2.

Last edited by Adam43; 16 Nov 2003 at 21:26.
Old 16 Nov 2003, 21:25 (Ref:785220)   #43
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Honourless driver and team...

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
He helped a lot in Malaysia. I don't really see how he could have done anymore. Eddie would have been nowhere if it wasn't for Micheal trying and succeeding in putting together a remarkable race. In fact I'd put Malaysia down as one of Michael's best races ever. Proving he is not only the best no.1 in the business, but also the best no.2.
Which is exactly how the man himself (Eddie Irvine) commented Micheal's performance after that race. Besides, I suspect it is Ferrari who hadn't much interest in Irvine taking the title after twenty years, after investing hughely in Schumacher in order to accomplish that feat. I suspect they'd rather postpone it with a year than to somewhat hummiliate Marlboro and Shell (the major sponsors at the time) when Irvine gets the job done on 25% of the investment.
Old 16 Nov 2003, 21:41 (Ref:785232)   #44
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Re: Re: Honourless driver and team...

Quote:
Originally posted by NiceGuyEddie
Besides, I suspect it is Ferrari who hadn't much interest in Irvine taking the title after twenty years, after investing hughely in Schumacher in order to accomplish that feat. I suspect they'd rather postpone it with a year than to somewhat hummiliate Marlboro and Shell (the major sponsors at the time) when Irvine gets the job done on 25% of the investment.
Indeed, it would have been very embarressing for all concerned.

I believe what Tye meant was Michael rather playing football than coming back earlier, Blimey, i can't believe i'm sticking up for Tye . Once Michael did return, his help towards Eddie cannot be denied. And something he did quite rightly as Eddie had helped Michael on numerous occasions in his own quest for the title.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 04:35 (Ref:785416)   #45
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
The team (including the other driver, once the pattern of the season has been established) works for Michael because he is faster
I'd readily agree that Michael is faster......overall, but what about midway through the season when Rubens was faster? (which he was, without a doubt), does that stand for nothing?
Old 17 Nov 2003, 04:38 (Ref:785418)   #46
Mr V
Veteran

England
Re: ???

Sorry, but i found this funny.......

Quote:
Originally posted by Tye
As far as earning potential goes,I'd make you look like a paper boy.

I have the potential to earn millions, doesn't mean i do earn millions though
Old 17 Nov 2003, 06:55 (Ref:785482)   #47
Gt_R
Veteran

Yes, i agree that on occassion, when the car and conditions were right, Rubens have the potential to match Michael.But honestly, who would you put your money on over a season?

You would believe that JPM is a far better driver than Ralf, despite the smaller points gap. Similarly, Michael had outdone Rubens this year, in a car that is actually more to Ruben's likings. And remember, Ferrari doesn't disadvantage Rubens on track. Rubens is not denied any new parts, nor gets an inferior chassis/engines, nor having no engineers to help him. He had what Michael has to get the job done. For some other fellows To harp on things like "Oh, Brawn works more with Michael", they clearly didn't realise that Newey works more with Mika, and Williams had hired this experienced exWilliams engineer just to work with JPM.

F1 is a very focused sports that you just can't make engineers split and divide their attention when you simply can get a driver their own group of workers.

It won't take long for MS to be toppled. He is showing signs of slipping and harder to push to the absolute. But it is still undeniable that he is still one of the best.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 09:09 (Ref:785562)   #48
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
I believe what Tye meant was Michael rather playing football than coming back earlier...
I thought of that, but then frgot to mention it in the reply

Frankly I just thought that story was quite amusing, expecially the way his kid gave the game away
Old 17 Nov 2003, 09:33 (Ref:785586)   #49
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
I'd readily agree that Michael is faster......overall, but what about midway through the season when Rubens was faster? (which he was, without a doubt), does that stand for nothing?
Hey come on MrV - you know how their policy works... whichever driver has established the best chance to win the championship. I'm not saying that I agree with th principle, but they are nothing if not consistent. I can't recall Michael's team ever deploying tactics in his favour right from the season's start - Schumacher hs always established his own clear lead before the orders have come in. In thecase of 2002, however, the car advantage was so massive that they really didn't need to do it - but there again, it's their team.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 15:24 (Ref:786040)   #50
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
I think the professor should go back to school. ...
IMO he's simply gone back to Portugal 1990!
He certainly doesn't like the idea of being blocked at the start from a supposed number two..

Apart from that, I just don't understand the reason and the sense of such declarations, one month after the season is finished.